Class of 2023 - JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he can help. After all, there are only two positions that touch the ball every play.

Hope he can help. After all, there are only two positions that touch the ball every play.
Poor choice of words when talking about a center. Go shotgun!

I don't know. I wondered if SU didn't have some type of slush fund to help the kid buy a plane ticket and ship his stuff. It's a reminder the financial background that a lot of these kids come from.
yup. I'd really like to know the legal ramifications. It's why I'd rather put money to a collective.

I don't know. I wondered if SU didn't have some type of slush fund to help the kid buy a plane ticket and ship his stuff. It's a reminder the financial background that a lot of these kids come from.
It would be so NCAA to bless recruits getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to commit to schools but to come down hard on players who have already committed, and in dire financial situations, that took a small amount of money from fans to move from their bad home situation to their new home at their chosen college.

yup. I'd really like to know the legal ramifications. It's why I'd rather put money to a collective.

I don't know where the line is drawn from being a donor, or an alumni or just having season tickets but I'd assume being none of the above means you can donate as much as you want to him.

Good question! Somebody should hook this kid up with Syracuse Moving and Storage and get him a small NIL deal to cover.

Or tell him to register on INFLCR and see what legitimate opportunities are available. He’s only looking for $1000
Hopefully he already has a user profile...

Hopefully he already has a user profile...

At this point, none of the new signees have one on the Syracuse community. That’s all I am authorized to see. Might be a compliance thing, but once they sign their NLI you would think they would be authorized to register. Hopefully that is one of the first things they are prompted to do once they enroll.

So ridiculous. If a kid can get $250K to transfer through what is basically a money laundering scheme and somehow people can't get the kid a $1000 bucks to move, it's beyond stupid
yup. Which is precisely why we're all concerned with it being an issue, because only the NCAA could screw something like this up. It's a no brainer -- so much so that anyone on here should just flag this for moving companies they know and agree to pay for it in exchange for a sponsored post now and again before the season starts. plus another at end when people know who he is. Do it on Twitter, instagram, etc. It's great marketing dollars and an easy ROI.

Status
Not open for further replies.