Class of 2023 - JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reed is listed at 6-3, 317 pounds on the Hutchinson Community College website. He played his high school ball at Eisenhower High in Houston, Texas. He helped lead Hutchinson to an 11-1 record in 2022. Reed has two years of eligibility remaining.

1. Maybe we can convince future University of Syracuse players to portal over to Syracuse University.

2. Is there any chance he is our starting center?
Hopefully and Yes.

A great Center commit!

D42142EC-7EE8-473C-89E3-5ABD8A16AAA7.jpeg

Solid work here. Until this week’s updates, I actually thought he committed at least a month ago.

Now it’s up to Schmidt to coach them up.
He’s definitely got a solid resume.

This has been a crazy couple weeks.

Got to seal the deal fast!
So he had at least one big time late offer besides us.

Note that he was first team all conference this season.

He redshirted last season and was able to come in this season, secure a starting position and play well enough to make first team all conference. Hutchinson was no sister of the poor. They are a major power and played all the way to the JUCO national championship game, where they lost to Iowa Western.

Playing HS ball in Houston, then playing the Jayhawk conference in JUCO, Reed has played against very good players and should be well positioned to hit the ground running and compete for a starting job in 2023. I really like that he can enroll for the spring semester and learn the offense right away.

Also really like that he has two years of eligibility left. We are getting bigger, stronger and deeper on our lines. This was needed.

He redshirted last season and was able to come in this season, secure a starting position and play well enough to make first team all conference. Hutchinson was no sister of the poor. They are a major power and played all the way to the JUCO national championship game, where they lost to Iowa Western.

Playing HS ball in Houston, then playing the Jayhawk conference in JUCO, Reed has played against very good players and should be well positioned to hit the ground running and compete for a starting job in 2023. I really like that he can enroll for the spring semester and learn the offense right away.

Also really like that he has two years of eligibility left. We are getting bigger, stronger and deeper on our lines. This was needed.

It will be nice if he can step in and start at C for 2 years. It’s been a while since we’ve had a really solid season of consistent C play - probably have to go back to Servais at least.

LT. Enrique Cruz
LG Kalan Ellis
C. J'onre Reed
RG Chris Bleich
RT Joe More

That's a group that looks like it could open some holes better than what we've seen.

LT. Enrique Cruz
LG Kalan Ellis
C. J'onre Reed
RG Chris Bleich
RT Joe More

That's a group that looks like it could open some holes better than what we've seen.
Plus Illoa and Jakob Bradford saw snaps this year and they were ok. Wes Hoeh played a ton too but of course was grossly out of position.

Plus Illoa and Jakob Bradford saw snaps this year and they were ok. Wes Hoeh played a ton too but of course was grossly out of position.

And so did Joe Cruz.

That's eight, without any other players being discussed. A much better, experience nucleus than what we've had for quite some time.

LT. Enrique Cruz
LG Kalan Ellis
C. J'onre Reed
RG Chris Bleich
RT Joe More

We’re losing Vet, Davis and Bergeron, correct?

Has Vetto made a decision about coming back?
Not to my knowledge. Hoping he is.

Regardless, I think the depth on the OL is getting better. Though with the kids from Wiscy and Minnesota in the portal, we start aren’t great. But better.

Not to my knowledge. Hoping he is.

Regardless, I think the depth on the OL is getting better. Though with the kids from Wiscy and Minnesota in the portal, we start aren’t great. But better.
Any news on Trevion Mack's visit? He was the NIU commit, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.