Class of 2017 - JUCO DE Alton Robinson(OK) Signed/ Eligible to Play Immediately | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 JUCO DE Alton Robinson(OK) Signed/ Eligible to Play Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounded to me like he grabbed his girl's purse to get look at her cell phone call log or texts. It's not like the guy is striking a female with a closed fist.

Dumb to do that ever, let alone as a scholrship athlete but please let's not make this into more than it is.

I CANT WAIT to see this kid line up for us! Week 1 can't come fast enough!

So they did get a private jet service for recruiting?

I havent been on the board as much as normal this summer...this is huge news! (At least to me)
they've got a big 'ol Jet Airliner...

.87 composite recruiting grade. Would put him 2cnd for last year, or this...

Stole his ex-girlfriends purse, in an argument... OK. Didn't have his head on straight for a few minutes...
which one?

Service called Wheels Up if you wanted to Google it
Thanks

Wheels Up

So they are props. Actually it has a huge advantage in being able to land at smaller airfields. The plane cruises at 313Kts or 360MPH. That is going 6 road miles per minute (assuming no wind). Dino could fly to NEO Oklahoma (Joplin, MO) in about 3.5 hours. The airport is about 15 mins from the campus. The downside is in the winter it can be really slow going into a direct headwind (jetstream)..on the flip side the return would be super quick. The upside is you don't have to arrive 75 mins before takeoff.

If he had to book this trip on an airliner out of Syracuse it would cost $900 on 2 days notice to Joplin...and take 11 to 15 hours (including 2 stops and layovers) flight time. Of course, that would be stupid...so he would book into Tulsa. Flight time goes down to about 5 hours total (including one change of plane) but the price is over $1200. Tulsa International is about 80 mins to NE OK.

This really is a stupid luxury but it is a force multiplier as the coaches can get so much more done.

Last edited:
Thanks

Wheels Up

So they are props. Actually it has a huge advantage in being able to land at smaller airfields. The plane cruises at 313Kts or 360MPH. That is going 6 road miles per hour (assuming no wind). Dino could fly to NEO Oklahoma (Joplin, MO) in about 3.5 hours. The airport is about 15 mins from the campus. The downside is in the winter it can be really slow going into a direct headwind (jetstream)..on the flip side the return would be super quick. The upside is you don't have to arrive 75 mins before takeoff.

If he had to book this trip on an airliner out of Syracuse it would cost $900 on 2 days notice to Joplin...and take 11 to 15 hours flight time. Of course, that would be stupid...so he would book into Tulsa. Flight time goes down to about 5 hours but the price is over $1200. Tulsa International is about 80 mins to NE OK.

This really is a stupid luxury but it is a force multiplier as the coaches can get so much more done.
osprey.jpg

This was flying across my backyard last week. That would provide quite an option on where they could land. ;)

Personally, I use one called Start Praying, it is considerably cheaper.
Incidentally, if you are thinking of giving them a call, consider one of their packages. There's the John Denver package that gives you unbelievable views of the Rocky Mountains, it will take your breath away. The Buddy Holly, short flight only in inclement weather, invite a couple of friends. And then there is the Ameila Earhart, for when you just want to get away to where nobody will ever find you.

Sounded to me like he grabbed his girl's purse to get look at her cell phone call log or texts. It's not like the guy is striking a female with a closed fist.

Dumb to do that ever, let alone as a scholrship athlete but please let's not make this into more than it is.

I CANT WAIT to see this kid line up for us! Week 1 can't come fast enough!

139735-140263.jpg

He put his hands on a female. Not sure what's so hard to grasp there.

Sure, he deserves a second chance and I'm sure the staff did its due diligence. It doesn't mean I have to agree with it. lt also doesn't mean that I have to root for this kid to succeed.

Soooo, what are you rooting for? Enjoy your view from the pedestal. Hopefully it is big enough for the rest of the crew that haven't a clue about this kid.

Oh yeah, the staff does. You know, the people who have actually spoken to AR, his coaches, family, etc.

Just hilarious that you wouldn't root for him. Not surprising, though. The top dog for outsider alumni smugness.

Anyway, I'll be rooting for him. I'd say that an edge DE rusher probably has the least difficulty learning their role, and producing quicker than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom