Class of 2017 - JUCO DE Alton Robinson(OK) Signed/ Eligible to Play Immediately | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 JUCO DE Alton Robinson(OK) Signed/ Eligible to Play Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he does well but I have a serious problem with domestic violence and it will be very hard to root for him.

I won't, I root for the team to do well and if he help the team I'm all for it. If he makes a mistake then I am sure Dino and Co. will show him the door.

Hope he does well but I have a serious problem with domestic violence and it will be very hard to root for him.

I hear ya, but it was alleged. I'm not stupid, so I believe something happened, but to what extent we will never know, so I'm not going to hang it over the kid either.

Hilarious. This kid goes to Penn State or Rutgers and 10 of you have already posted the usual unwitty things that get said about those god-less programs every week. He wears Orange and its a redemption story for a kid who got a bad rap for a minor offense. You cannot have it both ways.

Yeah because 20+ years of covering up child rape, hiring a head coach that was complicit in attempting to cover up a gang rape and a 17 year old who got in trouble for 'stealing' his gf's cell phone are so on the same level.

But at least you got a lot of likes for your self righteous post - so there's that. Congrats!

I won't, I root for the team to do well and if he help the team I'm all for it. If he makes a mistake then I am sure Dino and Co. will show him the door.
Do you have a mother? A sister? A niece? You should have a big problem with domestic abuse. There have been guys on my teams that I refuse to root for

Do you have a mother? A sister? A niece? You should have a big problem with domestic abuse. There have been guys on my teams that I refuse to root for

I look at the unproven claims of DV with skepticism. My 20+ years of family law practice (in a previous professional life) showed me both sides of the issue:
1) guys who did unspeakable things to women, because:
a) they could and
b) they didn't really see the woman as a person, and;
2) women who will fabricate stories to get the man in trouble for even the slightest perceived wrong, or sometimes to just get them out of the way for the new man.

The woman is ALWAYS believed. There has to be little to no evidence for authorities to move forward.

I look at the unproven claims of DV with skepticism. My 20+ years of family law practice (in a previous professional life) showed me both sides of the issue:
a) they could and
2) women who will fabricate stories to get the man in trouble for even the slightest perceived wrong, or sometimes to just get them out of the way for the new man.

The woman is ALWAYS believed. There has to be little to no evidence for authorities to move forward.
And how often do woman not call the police and press charges? Quite often. I bet that #2 happens far, far less than #1.

a) they could and

The charges were dropped because of an uncooperative witness.

What? I said root for the team. Where did I say I condone domestic violence?

What? I said root for the team. Where did I say I condone domestic violence?
bnoro said that he has a tough time rooting for someone with domestic abuse. And you said I won't. I root for the team to do well and if he can help the team, I'm all for it. I said that it should bother you a great deal to root for a guy that has been accused or convicted of domestic abuse. I want to win the right way. With a team that I can be proud of. Give me the Hurricane team from the 80's? I'll pass.

bnoro said that he has a tough time rooting for someone with domestic abuse. And you said I won't. I root for the team to do well and if he can help the team, I'm all for it. I said that it should bother you a great deal to root for a guy that has been accused or convicted of domestic abuse. I want to win the right way.

I am not rooting for him individually. I am rooting for the team so if the team did their due diligence then I am glad he can help the team. No where did I ignore what may or may not have occurred. Do not put words in my mouth.

I am not rooting for him individually. I am rooting for the team so if the team did their due diligence then I am glad he can help the team. No where did I ignore what may or may not have occurred. Do not put words in my mouth.
I'm really not. And this kid may be a good kid that got caught up in a bad situation. I just would never want the Orange do be a place where we are a place where bad kids can go to play and even if they won us games, I would pass.

The charges were dropped because of an uncooperative witness.
And Brian Banks went to prison on false charges of rape before being exonerated. I've read the articles and charges again. I don't see where any of this rises to the level of domestic violence and that's not what the charge was. Stupidity on the part of teenagers definitely.

Last edited:
I'm really not. And this kid may be a good kid that got caught up in a bad situation. I just would never want the Orange do be a place where we are a place where bad kids can go to play and even if they won us games, I would pass.
We have never been that type of program. So we should trust the staff and administration on this.

New Mexico State gives defensive lineman Alton Robinson a second chance

"The 6-3, 245 pound recruit, Alton Robinson, was a highly recruited defensive end out of the San Antonio area in 2016. Ranked as the 72nd best player in Texas by 2.4.7. Sports, Robinson had offers from Texas, Alabama, California, Michigan, Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech but chose to sign with Texas A&M."​

This kid is a much better prospect than you are giving him credit for.

I think he is a GREAT prospect but I'm tempering my expectations until ya know, he's had a practice.

This is a big boy move.

More often than not we are not going to get this type of talent without some type of baggage unless it's a special circumstance. Especially this late in the year.

As an up-and-coming, recently struggling program you are going to have to take flyers like this occasionally in order to compete at the level you need to.

We had a hole and we filled it with talent.

If the kid doesn't pan out then the kid doesn't pan out but at least our staff is doing everything possible solidify the roster.

Yeah, this was a football factory move. I agree with the others that expect him to play early. You don't take on this potential headache unless you have big plans for him.

Unbelievable. It's almost like we just picked up a women beater, who is out of shape because he hasn't been in our S&C program. Eh, Syracuse for ya.

Welcome to the Cuse, Alton. Stay off the forum, and put in work. Looking forward to the sacks, TFL, hits, et cetera...off the edge. Perfect fit.

I don't know what happened, nor does anyone here. I'll be rooting for you to do well, on and off the field. Plenty of us will. Holier than thou crew will come around when you start taking down QBs.

I think he is a GREAT prospect but I'm tempering my expectations until ya know, he's had a practice.

That's fine -- but again, I encourage you to watch the film on this kid. His production at the JUCO level was impressive. There's no doubt that it will take a bit for him to earn the coach's trust and learn his assignments. But I think there is a much smaller learning curve at a position like DE then it would be at many other positions. That's why I'm expecting him to garner significant PT by the 3rd or 4th game. Athletically, this guy is an upgrade over what we have at DE, and I say that with no disrespect to Coleman, Black, and Berry.

Disagree on just the Pierce comment. I think HCDFB will find value with him short to deep middle of the field, a place we did not attack much last year...look for him in the red zone as well...

Pierce is a legit talent. I know he didn't have a good spring game, but just watching him move was unlike anything we have had a TE since maybe Gedney. Folks here loved guys like Ferron, Provo, and Wales. Athletically, he made those three look like the kids Colgate brings to town.

This is the direct benefit of having their own private jet service Wheels Up to get somewhere and back again quickly!
So they did get a private jet service for recruiting?

I havent been on the board as much as normal this summer...this is huge news! (At least to me)

So what's the deal on JUCOs? If they were qualified coming out of HS, they can play D1 after one year but need to attend (graduate) JUCO for two years if not qualified coming out of HS?

So what's the deal on JUCOs? If they were qualified coming out of HS, they can play D1 after one year but need to attend (graduate) JUCO for two years if not qualified coming out of HS?

If you have the grades to be D1 eligible, you can play 1 year in JUCO and transfer right to a D1 school.

If you're not eligible, you have to graduate from JUCO with high enough grades. I've seen kids spend 2-3 years at JUCO and still not get eligible.

If you have the grades to be D1 eligible, you can play 1 year in JUCO and transfer right to a D1 school.

If you're not eligible, you have to graduate from JUCO with high enough grades. I've seen kids spend 2-3 years at JUCO and still not get eligible.
So he is 4 to play 3 and can still red-shirt correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom