Judah is one and done | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Judah is one and done

"Small guards need to be able to shoot and or defend unless you have elite Westbrook/ Morant/ Fox type speed/ athleticism"

The first half, he was so fast even the tv announcers used phrases like "that was a blur again" when describing him racing down the court. I've never seen an SU player demonstrate so much speed and control. It was like watching my kids play NBA2K.

Also, why do people think WB, Ja and Fox are small? They aren't.

"Small guards need to be able to shoot and or defend unless you have elite Westbrook/ Morant/ Fox type speed/ athleticism"

The first half, he was so fast even the tv announcers used phrases like "that was a blur again" when describing him racing down the court. I've never seen an SU player demonstrate so much speed and control. It was like watching my kids play NBA2K.
There was this guy we had named Johnny Flynn a few years back, not sure if you’re familiar but you may want to check him out, he was pretty damn good.

What NBA ready skill does Judah have right now? Buddy could shoot the lights out whether people here want to admit it or not.

Really? He’d be an adequate backup combo guard for probably 1/2 the teams in the league. Can’t teach quickness, athleticism and handle.

Judah doesn’t do one thing right now better than any of them, it’s very premature talking NBA about him especially after we saw that he was completely taken out of the game after a great first half with minor and normal coaching adjustments.
"... especially after we saw that he was completely taken out of the game after a great first half with minor and normal coaching adjustments."

Perhaps our coaches needed to make adjustments to those adjustments ?

Really? He’d be an adequate backup combo guard for probably 1/2 the teams in the league. Can’t teach quickness, athleticism and handle.
Judah is an adequate backup combo guard in the NBA right now?

He played against decent (not great) guards last night and shot 7-17 and had 6 turnovers and took one from distance.

Ridiculous

Judah is an adequate backup combo guard in the NBA right now?

He played against decent (not great) guards last night and shot 7-17 and had 6 turnovers and took one from distance.

Ridiculous

Not sure if you watch a lot of NBA but they tend to draft heavily on potential now. And Mintz’s metrics would rate pretty high. He’s definitely an NBA talent. The question for me is if he can play himself into a lottery pick as soon as this season.

Love him but he needs more strength and conditioning. He won’t physically last continuously ending up on the floor after his drives. Jonny Flynn used to spend lots of time on the floor but after a while it takes a toll on one’s body. Judah was getting beat up on the court, losing his balance against the physicality. He’s an excellent ball handler but as he improves and matures, he will be setting up teammates to score becoming a more efficient point guard and developing his own mid and outside game as others have noted. He needs his teammates to help him with ball handling duties, including setting picks. He’s a warrior but was on fumes the last part of that game. Looking forward and excited to see his continuing development.

Love him but he needs more strength and conditioning. He won’t physically last continuously ending up on the floor after his drives. Jonny Flynn used to spend lots of time on the floor but after a while it takes a toll on one’s body. Judah was getting beat up on the court, losing his balance against the physicality. He’s an excellent ball handler but as he improves and matures, he will be setting up teammates to score becoming a more efficient point guard and developing his own mid and outside game as others have noted. He needs his teammates to help him with ball handling duties, including setting picks. He’s a warrior but was on fumes the last part of that game. Looking forward and excited to see his continuing development.

I really hope he comes back for one more season. He could easily garner all-ACC and even all-American honors.

"... especially after we saw that he was completely taken out of the game after a great first half with minor and normal coaching adjustments."

Perhaps our coaches needed to make adjustments to those adjustments ?
Isn’t a point guards main job to adjust to what’s in front of him?

Like always around this dump, people put a rocket up these players butts and make them into something they’re not and it makes it look like I’m dumping on a kid when the kid is actually an excellent player. In this thread he’s been called one and done, a first round pick, a current adequate backup combo guard all while playing his toughest college matchup against the mighty Red Storm where they packed the lane in the second half and it shut him down.

This place is insanity. Kids a great player and could leave after the season, but can he at least do something against more than one quality opponent?

Not sure if you watch a lot of NBA but they tend to draft heavily on potential now. And Mintz’s metrics would rate pretty high. He’s definitely an NBA talent. The question for me is if he can play himself into a lottery pick as soon as this season.
I watch far more NBA than college, he wouldn’t even be on a roster right now. There are literally 30 of him in the G league right now.

More than Ennis ever had.
I never was a big Ennis guy, I thought he was slow, but for what he lacked in the skill department his IQ was off the charts.

If you don’t think there are athletes like Mintz that don’t get drafted or troll around the G league and Europe, you may want to take a look.

Isn’t a point guards main job to adjust to what’s in front of him?

Like always around this dump, people put a rocket up these players butts and make them into something they’re not and it makes it look like I’m dumping on a kid when the kid is actually an excellent player. In this thread he’s been called one and done, a first round pick, a current adequate backup combo guard all while playing his toughest college matchup against the mighty Red Storm where they packed the lane in the second half and it shut him down.

This place is insanity. Kids a great player and could leave after the season, but can he at least do something against more than one quality opponent?
You may watch a lot of NBA, but you must not watch the drafts. They draft on potential. For all intents and purposes here, that’s all that matters to us. The argument is whether he could be a first round pick, not whether he makes it in the league. From a Syracuse perspective, us keeping him is about his draft potential, which is significant.

You may watch a lot of NBA, but you must not watch the drafts. They draft on potential. For all intents and purposes here, that’s all that matters to us. The argument is whether he could be a first round pick, not whether he makes it in the league. From a Syracuse perspective, us keeping him is about his draft potential, which is significant.
Lol, he isn’t a first round pick now.

Lol, he isn’t a first round pick now.
Lol. Good thing the draft isn’t right now. We are talking about his draft potential come June of 2023 or 2024. If you don’t think he has first round potential in those drafts, I can’t help you. Take a look at the 1st round guys the last 15 years.

Lol. Good thing the draft isn’t right now. We are talking about his draft potential come June of 2023 or 2024. If you don’t think he has first round potential in those drafts, I can’t help you. Take a look at the 1st round guys the last 15 years.
I never said he wasn’t, but claiming it after a 7-17 game against St Johns where he had 6 turnovers while not taking one shot from deep in a losing effort is a weird time to claim all this. He had a great first half, he had a very poor second half.

We’re talking about the NBA, Buddy has that elite skill, even when failing in other areas. Judah needs to be more than excellent in certain areas as a point guard. I’m not saying he isn’t going to get there but he isn’t there right now, could he be at the end of the year? Maybe. Think of our other amazing guards who have been drafted high, MCW, Flynn, Waiters, and even outside the lottery, Ennis. Judah doesn’t do one thing right now better than any of them, it’s very premature talking NBA about him especially after we saw that he was completely taken out of the game after a great first half with minor and normal coaching adjustments.
All good points. I totally agree he can get to a higher NBA draft point, and does have the quickness and savvy right now.

I never said he wasn’t, but claiming it after a 7-17 game against St Johns where he had 6 turnovers while not taking one shot from deep in a losing effort is a weird time to claim all this. He had a great first half, he had a very poor second half.
We are looking at his progress four games in. Again, it’s his potential. His raw talent. He obviously still has things to work on. But he has 26+ games left. He can be special. And based on the way NBA executives draft these days, he’ll be on the radar. Having said that, I sure hope we keep this team together another year. Chance to be very good next year.

That's my take too.

I never was a big Ennis guy, I thought he was slow, but for what he lacked in the skill department his IQ was off the charts.

If you don’t think there are athletes like Mintz that don’t get drafted or troll around the G league and Europe, you may want to take a look.
All you had to do was watch the Creigton and Arkansas game yesterday and you saw four guards better than Mintz. Arkansas’s best freshman Jones didn’t even play. Let’s see what Judah can do after teams scout him up a little before we anoint him a first round pick.

We are looking at his progress four games in. Again, it’s his potential. His raw talent. He obviously still has things to work on. But he has 26+ games left. He can be special. And based on the way NBA executives draft these days, he’ll be on the radar. Having said that, I sure hope we keep this team together another year. Chance to be very good next year.
My first post said pump the breaks, that’s more unfair than saying he’s gone and he’s gone, first rounder, or a could be a current NBA backup combo guard?

We’ve played against 4 mid majors and a big east team, you’re right, the raw talent is there, but there are a lot of guys that have it, but we’re a long long way from the finish line and have so many good teams ahead of us.

I don’t see why a 7-17 performance with 6 turnovers against St Johns hyped him up to lottery pick status around here. Take a look at some Jalen Carey posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom