Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 101 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with the picture that grown men and women that never attended a certain university care so much about the success of its varsity sports?

There's a lot about the emotion, money, and dedication that fans commit to college athletics that doesn't make sense.
I can't answer that. I went to SU and have my degree in watching SU varsity sports.

Either we lay pipe or hit up dinner at Shenanigans... a pistol whip may still be in the works...
Super Troopers Coffee GIF by Ben L

And I think lack of emphasis on it. We had some good rebounding teams when we were zoning, but lately I never saw the mean streak needed to go and get the ball that you consistently see from other teams. I hope we get meaner.
Good post. Teams been a finesse team the last 5 or so years. Some would say soft.

I can't answer that. I went to SU and have my degree in watching SU varsity sports.
I went to SU too but what's funny is while at SU I didn't attend many games. I had a part time job that I need to go into NYC every weekend. Those days, I was flying Eastern Airlines to Newark every Friday after class and came back on Sunday night. One flight every hour, no ticket purchase necessary, you just hop on the plane and take a seat, the flight attendants came to you to collect, $29 one way, I think Greyhound buses or Amtrak rides into the city was $45 but a flight was $29!

I was the biggest hornets fan ever. I even went to Larry Johnson’s basketball camp when I was 10 in Charlotte. Went to many games at the Charlotte coliseum including a playoff game and the hive was electric ! Still some amazing memories
we used to hang at a place called Harpers where Zo, LJ and Mugsy would often come post-game to eat. Haven't been in a while but Charlotte was such a small city back then, just when the Panthers were created.

I know were all stressed on Judah but I wouldnt read much into him not having announced anything yet. Only 1 guy from this list has announced their intentions so far. I would assume everyone is still going through last minute workouts before the deadline.
How many from this list still haven’t announced?

How many from this list still haven’t announced?
Pretty sure were still waiting on everyone except Mccullar. Seems consensus that Sensabaugh is staying in as hes a likely lottery pick but the others have not put anything out there from what ive seen. most of the ones were seeing announce now are guys that really had no shot at the NBA. I would think that a lot of the ones listed here have workouts all the way through tomorrow and will decide right around the deadline, including Judah.

Pretty sure were still waiting on everyone except Mccullar. Seems consensus that Sensabaugh is staying in as hes a likely lottery pick but the others have not put anything out there from what ive seen. most of the ones were seeing announce now are guys that really had no shot at the NBA. I would think that a lot of the ones listed here have workouts all the way through tomorrow and will decide right around the deadline, including Judah.

Oddly the only workout there is anything on social media about for Judah is Charlotte

Oddly the only workout there is anything on social media about for Judah is Charlotte
I was thinking the same thing but then was thinking that most of the workouts are in the next three weeks, pretty much after the deadline. I think most teams believe they have enough tape on these guys and saw them at the combine to let them know if they are a potential draft pick.

The next month will skinny down the guys based on more interviews and workouts.

Judah has played against enough guys and has gotten enough feedback to hopefully make an intelligent decision either way.

I was thinking the same thing but then was thinking that most of the workouts are in the next three weeks, pretty much after the deadline. I think most teams believe they have enough tape on these guys and saw them at the combine to let them know if they are a potential draft pick.

The next month will skinny down the guys based on more interviews and workouts.

Judah has played against enough guys and has gotten enough feedback to hopefully make an intelligent decision either way.

Let's hope. This plays right into how some of these kids don't get great advice.. stay in and then the post deadline workouts don't bear the fruit hoped or the second round does its normal song and dance with trades, stash picks etc.

Let's hope. This plays right into how some of these kids don't get great advice.. stay in and then the post deadline workouts don't bear the fruit hoped or the second round does its normal song and dance with trades, stash picks etc.
Yes, but even the wrong decision could still lend itself to a ten year career making six figures overseas. Trust the process and trust yourself. No ideas if Judah is even a future NBA rotation player, but he has enough skills that he should get a good hard look from someone.

Yes, but even the wrong decision could still lend itself to a ten year career making six figures overseas. Trust the process and trust yourself. No ideas if Judah is even a future NBA rotation player, but he has enough skills that he should get a good hard look from someone.

Of course - it's all risk/reward. With that said this position, and this isn't a criticism, just further presses on college basketball having no valid purpose in the context of playing professional basketball. The top 200 or so players should find their way to the developmental stops and the rest can pursue playing amateur basketball while getting their degree

Judah has had about 8 workouts. Just bc they’ve not been posted doesn’t mean they didn’t happen. His family ( his dad is an Attorney) and representatives are on top of things and will give him excellent advice. He will make an intelligent decision that’s best for him.

Judah will be playing in the nba this season or next for certain. It’s just a matter of where he gets picked. Unfortunately he’s not as sexy as some of the projected first round guys, despite having comparable or even better stats. Keep in mind he was 3rd leading scorer of all freshman at 16.3 ppg. Brandon Milller and Bryce Sensabaugh were 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom