Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 116 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going off what CLMintz said recently sure seems like Judah will not be returning. Really hope he does come back for one more season. If not I hope he's getting solid advice or a guarantee behind the scenes from a team willing to take a flyer and let him continue to develop. It'll all be over soon either way.

Payside will have the info first after 11:59PM at the latest.

Has anybody announced today they are staying in the draft?

Judah will 100% get an undrafted free agent 2 way contract. Staying in the draft upon a guarantee of that from a team just seems like desperation and poor decision making for someone like Judah who is only a freshman, can make decent NIL and has first round potential.

I have a new found respect for fringe NBA players like Bacot and Filipowski who realize that they are above average college players who through NIL can potentially make a small fortune playing in a top college program and continue to get better rather than knock around in the G League at the first opportunity to make the leap to the NBA. NBA Dreamers v. Realists.

Kids just don't have enough respect for what it takes to be the very few to get on an NBA roster. Even if one or two players per team retire each year, there is a backlog of players in the G-League along with the yearly first rounders that makes it slim pickings for roster spots.

Judah will 100% get an undrafted free agent 2 way contract. Staying in the draft upon a guarantee of that from a team just seems like desperation and poor decision making for someone like Judah who is only a freshman, can make decent NIL and has first round potential.

I have a new found respect for fringe NBA players like Bacot and Filipowski who realize that they are above average college players who through NIL can potentially make a small fortune playing in a top college program and continue to get better rather than knock around in the G League at the first opportunity to make the leap to the NBA. NBA Dreamers v. Realists.

Kids just don't have enough respect for what it takes to be the very few to get on an NBA roster. Even if one or two players per team retire each year, there is a backlog of players in the G-League along with the yearly first rounders that makes it slim pickings for roster spots.
how dare you respect Dookies and Heels!

Going off what CLMintz said recently sure seems like Judah will not be returning. Really hope he does come back for one more season. If not I hope he's getting solid advice or a guarantee behind the scenes from a team willing to take a flyer and let him continue to develop. It'll all be over soon either way.

Payside will have the info first after 11:59PM at the latest.
Who is CL Mintz, btw? Does anyone know? Is the person actually connected to Judah? That seemed to be the case but it was never clear to me.

Kids just don't have enough respect for what it takes to be the very few to get on an NBA roster. Even if one or two players per team retire each year, there is a backlog of players in the G-League along with the yearly first rounders that makes it slim pickings for roster spspots.
I think you are minimizing that it's a numbers game. The best players get the spots. Doesn't matter where they come from. It just so happens that a 2 way contract is the easiest way to get time in the NBA, unless you are a lottery pick.

Did you feel the same way for Buddy and Swider last year?

Bacot wasn't sniffing the first round. Kyle wants to better position himself for a Top 10 slot and bring that next year is projected as a weaker draft, he just needs to stay healthy.

I think you are minimizing that it's a numbers game. The best players get the spots. Doesn't matter where they come from. It just so happens that a 2 way contract is the easiest way to get time in the NBA, unless you are a lottery pick.
Exactly AND even then it's still about opportunity.

The guy who should have prob been EC Finals MVP was just in the G league last year and not even on a team for a month

Their #1 pick this year barely plays.

If Judah develops in the G League, he'll play in the NBA, if he doesn't, he won't.

I'd love for him to stay another year, but I truly believe it doesn't affect his NBA prospects much at all. There's zero guarantee another year at Syracuse means he's a def 1st round pick next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom