Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 120 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
If judah knew for certain which way he was going, why wouldn't he come out and say it? I
have to think he is torn even now.
Someone above said he was told to expect a 5pm announcement.

maybe school isn't his thing. I'm sure he has been told he has a two way in the bag and his parents are well off so he's probably going for it.

maybe school isn't his thing. I'm sure he has been told he has a two way in the bag and his parents are well off so he's probably going for it.
Yeah, maybe so. This has been thrown out a lot by some. However, while at Syracuse, it seemed that he didn't have a problem academically. According to google...

Judah has a 3.9 GPA and is on the Dean's List. He is also a member of the Phi Beta Kappa honor society.

Edit: he also excelled in high school from what I read (4.0 GPA).

Yeah, maybe so. This has been thrown out a lot by some. However, while at Syracuse, it seemed that he didn't have a problem academically. According to google...

Judah has a 3.9 GPA and is on the Dean's List. He is also a member of the Phi Beta Kappa honor society.
So? Being good at school at enjoying your time there are different.

Man...what a dummy I am. I am not even going to change that. I love it.
Nah, I actually felt bad for busting on you for what was obviously a typo. I actually took a course in it as an undergrad, which is the only reason I knew what it was. And for the record, I didn't know how to read the mind of a 19 year old even when I was 19 and the person was me.:)

1685566910072.jpeg

I bet he's frustrated. Super confident player and maybe not getting all the feedback from NBA scouts that he wanted. Hope he returns but will root for him to succeed if he decides to remain in the Draft.

In the age of NIL, I'm not sure what the argument is for staying in the draft if you're going to go late second round or undrafted, unless you think that's as high as you're likely to ever get.

If Judah thinks he's really reached the peak of his draft potential, he should stay in the draft. If he thinks he could play his way up to a first rounder next year, he should come back to SU.

In the age of NIL, I'm not sure what the argument is for staying in the draft if you're going to go late second round or undrafted, unless you think that's as high as you're likely to ever get.

If Judah thinks he's really reached the peak of his draft potential, he should stay in the draft. If he thinks he could play his way up to a first rounder next year, he should come back to SU.
It really makes zero sense to me, from the outside.

Then again - a lot of decisions people make, make little sense to me.

Last edited:

Agree 100% with that logic.

Obviously, it's up to Judah to decide -- so not sure what lens he'll apply to the decision.

Old African proverb: "If you want to go fast, you go alone. If you want to go far, you go together".

If he comes back and helps us win, he'll be the main beneficiary.

Old African proverb: "If you want to go fast, you go alone. If you want to go far, you go together".

If he comes back and helps us win, he'll be the main beneficiary.
could be bring us a natty?

that's what probably makes it a hard decision for Judah - likely the things he needs to improve on ...will be difficult or impossible to improve upon: wingspan (no chance), height (no chance), etc...even shooting (maybe) is something that is iffy on if he can actually improve in college vs gleague...

if he thinks he is unlikely to improve upon the things they want him to improve upon in college...makes it hard to get motivated to go back to school, most likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom