Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing us possibly involved with Westry really only makes sense if Judah doesn't come back, right?

The BIG thing that all the “you need to focus on the 2nd NBA contract” folks keep missing is -

There is NO 2nd contract, if you never get the 1st one!!!!

For all the fans who act as if guys like Ennis, Mali, Lydon, etc are busts because they never got a 2nd NBA contract -

All those guys were multimillionaires in their early 20’s off of the 1 NBA contract they did get.

Compare that to guys who “came back to improve their draft stock” like:
KrisJo, CJ, Tyus, etc -

None of those guys got that 1st NBA contract, so they can’t possibly ever get a 2nd one.

It’s great that Jerami & O’shae managed to get their foot in the door and stick, and eventually get paid.
(Jerami in particular)

IF a player gets a shot at the Association, they’ve gotta take it.
eh...they were first rounders, though

a freshman being a likely second rounder with a lot of room to grow...could be a lottry next season

this is so differnt than the other players you mentioned

As I’ve said dozens of times in this and other threads. Giannis is not who Judah played against in his lone year of college.

GT’s sloppy defending isn’t on par with Golden State.
Judah did struggle a bit with better defenses at times, too...he isnt ready imo but hes very close

Don't see why there would be any connection here.

Three PGs, or even combo guards, but none of them are very good 3 point shooters?

How ironic is it going to be when we give up playing zone, and then see other teams play it against us every night?

The portal, stacked onto the NBA draft process is making April seem like its 75 days long. At least baseball is here and NBA playoffs are around the corner.

Unfortunately I agree with this. It's his dream play in the League.
It would be great to get him for another year but im pulling for him to kill it and for his dream to come true.

How much confidence do we have in Autry if Judah is indeed gone that he will get a Judah caliber player in the portal?

I literally just took this off Judah’s IG page! How can you say that he took all mentions of Cuse off when I’m looking at it right now?

? His profile section mentions nothing about SU.

How much confidence do we have in Autry if Judah is indeed gone that he will get a Judah caliber player in the portal?
Red isn’t working hard enough - he’s lost his will to win. We need a young coach who will put in the work on the recruiting trail Maybe it’s time to hang ‘‘em up old Red.

Sarcasm alert.

If things heat up with portal PGs that to me would be the most definitive sign that Mintz has told staff he's gone.

Looks like he cleared all mentions of Cuse in his profile.
He still mentions Cuse on his twitter profle, granted he’s not as active on twitter than on IG

Granted I'm not as social media savvy as some, so I couldn't tell you what his actions on Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and/or Twitter mean for his future. But I do know that in today's CBB you have to expect year-over-year transitions as a natural aspect of the sport. It used to be HS recruiting that changed teams from year-to-year...now its the portal.
If or when Judah leaves, I believe it'll open up PT for Quadir who I really like, along w/ Talyor, who I also really like, and opens another spot for a portal combo guard as well.
We need a major infusion of talent, and who cares where or how we get it. JJ was a good start, and IMO, he and Judah are a wash. We need a sniper 2-guard or SF, and a tough banger at the 4-spot if Jesse comes back. If Jesse leaves, then we need a 5 desperately, although I'm not as down on Hima as some.
Its fun watching all this go down and frankly, now is when most fans will start to appreciate how much the last 5 years of JB-infused program inertia have hurt us. But I trust Red to right the ship, and believe we'll be fine.

Last edited:
Granted I'm not as social media savvy as some, so I couldn't tell you what his actions on Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and/or Twitter mean for his future. But I do know that in today's CBB you have to expect year-over-year transitions as a natural aspect of the sport. It used to be HS recruiting that changed teams from year-to-year...now its the portal.
If or when Judah leaves, I believe it'll open up PT for Quadir who I really like, along w/ Talyor, who I also really like, and opens another spot for a portal combo guard as well.
We need a major talent infusion of talent, and who cares where or how we get it. JJ was a good start, and IMO, he and Judah are a wash. We need a sniper 2-guard or SF, and a tough banger at the 4-spot if Jesse comes back. If Jesse leaves, then we need a 5 desperately, although I'm not as down on Hima as some.
Its fun watching all this go down and frankly, now is when most fans will start to appreciate how much the last 5 years of JB-infused program inertia have hurt us. But I trust Red to right the ship, and believe we'll be fine.
I agree we will be fine either way

We’ll see. So far he’s 0 for 0.

I’d just like to go into a season with realistic hopes of being in the top 25. Is that too much to ask?

as a freshman point guard judah finished 3rd in the ACC in FT attempted.

Body Language !!!
The Little Mermaid Ursula GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online