Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on recent entries I'd say there are about 5 of 6 great options in the portal right now...

Recruiting is a two-way street. People merely being in the portal is irrelevant.

There have been numerous prospects in the portal this cycle that would have fit the bill, but for various reasons we didn't land any of them. It's no sure thing that will land any of the players you're mentioning either.

Time's growing short, and with the portal closing options are going to be more limited going forward.

Recruiting is a two-way street. People merely being in the portal is irrelevant.

There have been numerous prospects in the portal this cycle that would have fit the bill, but for various reasons we didn't land any of them. It's no sure thing that will land any of the players you're mentioning either.

Time's growing short, and with the portal closing options are going to be more limited going forward.

Not worried yet given compared to others Red and staff have been extraordinarily under the radar regarding the portal when you look at Starling and Westry. Dickinson is a circus and not worth it. Cisse and some others need a waiver and thus it's tricky waters to Navigate. Ousmane was hard to tell our level of interest.

I would think that the combine invite for Judah whether it comes or not will Rev things up on the portal news front...

Maybe we’re just going to put Brown at center? Given that there’s talks of 3 guard
Lineups and yet Brown, Williams, Bell, and Taylor are all coming back and thus must not be overly concerned that their won’t be enough forward minutes to go around…perhaps the reason for that is that a forward will be moving to center?

Miami’s tallest guy that played was 6’7 last year.

Maybe we’re just going to put Brown at center? Given that there’s talks of 3 guard
Lineups and yet Brown, Williams, Bell, and Taylor are all coming back and thus must not be overly concerned that their won’t be enough forward minutes to go around…perhaps the reason for that is that a forward will be moving to center?

Probably would work against most teams. I still think we get a big though. I think guys are being greedy and the NIL they thought they would get isn’t out there for them.

That 6'7" guy is an absolute beast. I don't think Maliq is there yet. He has great instincts and plays within himself, but if you're going to be 6'7", you better have huge shoulders and be strong and athletic and have a bad attitude.

That 6'7" guy is an absolute beast. I don't think Maliq is there yet. He has great instincts and plays within himself, but if you're going to be 6'7", you better have huge shoulders and be strong and athletic and have a bad attitude.
Right, but Maliq is a solid 6’8-6’9 isn’t he?

He certainly would benefit from gaining strength and muscle and I think he will, but I guess my main point is we don’t necessarily need a traditional center if we’re going away from the zone.

Depending on how we’re running our offense and what our defensive philosophy is, there might even be a lot of benefits to a guy like Brown playing at the 5. Could make us more versatile on both ends of the court.

I’m thinking of years back when Villanova played Dante Cunningham at center. He was 6’8/6’9 and not especially bulky.

Right, but Maliq is a solid 6’8-6’9 isn’t he?

He certainly would benefit from gaining strength and muscle and I think he will, but I guess my main point is we don’t necessarily need a traditional center if we’re going away from the zone.

Depending on how we’re running our offense and what our defensive philosophy is, there might even be a lot of benefits to a guy like Brown playing at the 5. Could make us more versatile on both ends of the court.

I’m thinking of years back when Villanova played Dante Cunningham at center. He was 6’8/6’9 and not especially bulky.
I agree with you, we don't have to have the traditional center. I hope Red and company can bring the dawg out in our players. I think we will have a full roster of athletes by the start of next season and we should play aggressively and with attitude on both ends.

I will tell you this. I am really worried.

I'm more guardedly pessimistic, because you never know how things will work out and sometimes unexpected things come together quickly, but I feel a lot less confident about any final additions than I did a few weeks ago.

So right there with you.

I'm more guardedly pessimistic, because you never know how things will work out and sometimes unexpected things come together quickly, but I feel a lot less confident about any final additions than I did a few weeks ago.

So right there with you.
Yea I have been resigned to Judah leaving for a few weeks now. These things typically dont go in this programs favor

I have already mentally resigned myself to:
Westry
Starling
Bell
Benny
Brown

Copeland
Taylor
Hima

Anything more is a bonus to me, at this point.
How many wins does that team get? 10?

Yea I have been resigned to Judah leaving for a few weeks now. These things typically dont go in this programs favor
I just picture Judah at workouts killing it. Much like Dion. I can see him shooting much better than teams anticipate and the rest of his skills were pretty evident this year, aside from man defense and he can also show that in workouts. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets a first round promise.

I will tell you this. I am really worried.

Not good to hear. Hoping this isn't an issue of a new staff combined with NIL struggling to close and keep things locked down.

I have already mentally resigned myself to:
Westry
Starling
Bell
Benny
Brown

Copeland
Taylor
Hima

Anything more is a bonus to me, at this point.
That lineup does not make me rush to renew my season tickets by tomorrow. That lineup is near the bottom of the ACC. I’m not sure if they could ever get a rebound.

That lineup does not make me rush to renew my season tickets by tomorrow. That lineup is near the bottom of the ACC. I’m not sure if they could ever get a rebound.

That team will rebound fine. It will also be turnover prone and struggle to score. Being a realistic that's probably a near .500 team.

Some serious fatalitistic takes here. It's by no means good or anything to be excited about though.

All things said a tough year needs to come with a major shift in the NIL space to be able to play ball if things go really south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom