Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
That lineup does not make me rush to renew my season tickets by tomorrow. That lineup is near the bottom of the ACC. I’m not sure if they could ever get a rebound.
Fair weather fan. LOL!!!

That team will rebound fine. It will also be turnover prone and struggle to score. Being a realistic that's probably a near .500 team.

Some serious fatalitistic takes here. It's by no means good or anything to be excited about though.

All things said a tough year needs to come with a major shift in the NIL space to be able to play ball if things go really south.
A Bethea/Moore/Freeman class coming in would make a tough year easier to stomach.

I mean first Lamsen news and now this? I hope dasher is wrong in his prognosis but he’s usually never wrong

I mean first Lamsen news and now this? I hope dasher is wrong in his prognosis but he’s usually never wrong

I don't think he is wrong. Despite many people saying don't panic, there is plenty of time blah blah blah...we are in trouble. Here's the sad math. A Judah/Joe backcourt is better than JJ/Chance right now. Subtract Jesse and next year's version of the Cuse will be worse than this year's.

A fair weather fan doesn’t have season tickets for twenty years and drives four hours to every home game from the Adirondacks. At some point the product has to be worth the drive when I can stay home and watch it on tv.
I was just kidding. The only reason I renewed mine when I did was because they were drawing names for the PGA. Plus I like Red, so I want to support him. I don't even want to think about the downside of this upcoming season.

I just said that I'm worried. Doesn't mean anything is final. Just not hearing anything that makes me happy these days.

I think we were all hopeful that change could usher in success in a short window. That said if getting shell-shocked to force everyone around the program to work harder to change the outlook.. maybe that just is our reality. I'm gonna keep hope that isn't a plausible scenario but if that is what happens there is no doubt it means anyone around the program can no longer just sit on their hands if they want a full dome and committed fanbase.

I don't think he is wrong. Despite many people saying don't panic, there is plenty of time blah blah blah...we are in trouble. Here's the sad math. A Judah/Joe backcourt is better than JJ/Chance right now. Subtract Jesse and next year's version of the Cuse will be worse than this year's.
The sky is falling!!

The sky is falling!!

No. But if things sort out as such that we are talent deficient and need more juice to compete.. by way of a losing season or two then it means a course adjustment that involves everything and that goes a ways beyond coaching and that may require some uncomfortable changes/commitments.

Disagree. Judah/Joe on their own (without a 25 mpg stud off the bench making it a 2012 style rotation) wouldn’t take us much further next year than it did this year. There’s years worth of b-ball we’ve all watched to pretty much know the ceiling.

Maybe Westry/Starling won’t be better right now….but maybe it will. I’ll roll the dice with the size, athleticism, defense, versatility, and upside. We have literally nothing to lose. We’re coming off two awful seasons.

That lineup does not make me rush to renew my season tickets by tomorrow. That lineup is near the bottom of the ACC. I’m not sure if they could ever get a rebound.
Near? It is the bottom and maybe one of the worst in p5

Failure to keep or replace Judah and in getting a reasonable replacement for Jesse would hurt a lot. It also places a ton on the shoulders of the staff to fast track the development of the guys coming back plus the new additions. That scenario doesn't equate to imminent faceplant given the unknown on guys making the jump in their games. Now if additional attrition were to stack on top of that- then yeah.. that's bad news.

Lol. So a 3 win team? Good lord... and no.
Without Judah this team is going to really struggle. Without a center it’s going to struggle. Comparing this team to miamis is laughable.

Failure to keep or replace Judah and in getting a reasonable replacement for Jesse would hurt a lot. It also places a ton on the shoulders of the staff to fast track the development of the guys coming back plus the new additions. That scenario doesn't equate to imminent faceplant given the unknown on guys making the jump in their games. Now if additional attrition were to stack on top of that- then yeah.. that's bad news.

That's basically where I'm at.

And that isn't a "bearish" viewpoint at all -- its a realistic one. Next year's best chance to turn things around is for Chance to play the "3" [nominally] as a versatile wing. If we have to hand him the starting PG role, it is a step backwards. Not suggesting that he couldn't excel there eventually, but it would be a tall order.

Judah leaving could be offset by bringing in a player of the caliber of Johnson, but I don't believe that is trending favorably. Would absolutely love to be wrong about that.

Likewise, if we don't replace Jesse with an adequate athlete, get ready for Hima [I'm actually more bullish on him than many (or most?) posters].

Without Judah this team is going to really struggle. Without a center it’s going to struggle. Comparing this team to miamis is laughable.

Perspective matters here. I love Judahs game and think he could have an incredible soph year if he returns.

That said the team with Judah, Joe and Jesse struggled this past year with one the softest schedules in a long time. They were bad defensively and on the boards and mediocre on offense. All based on advanced analytics.

Right now you have 3 5 star recruits ( Westry I'm rounding up as he was right on the edge) likely to start next year.

You have several young 4 star guys behind them and then a few 3 stars or less mostly development guys besides Maliq. So from there it's coaching. It could go either direction but worst in P5 is just an emotional take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom