Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, you guys are making me worried Judah's considering the portal. That would be a dagger - it would be brutal for him to be considered from another program when he does make it pro. Does anyone know if he's getting NIL offers from other programs a la Jesse?

Deadline to enter the portal for basketball players is May 11.

What do you think?
I think he's getting offers. I wrote a couple weeks ago in the Jesse thread that my fear is the Jesse episode emboldened programs to chase Judah, but a number of people disagreed with my fear of tampering with Judah. I think he got offers no matter what, and maybe he got even more recently. Some people indicated a while back that Judah had NIL sorted out to stay here. Now some people are starting to indicate they're worried. So I'm wondering if anyone will share insight as to what's actually transpiring at this moment. I'm guessing there's people who have heard things. And I hope Cuse is prepared to do whatever it takes to keep him.

I think he's getting offers. I wrote a couple weeks ago in the Jesse thread that my fear is the Jesse episode emboldened programs to chase Judah, but a number of people disagreed with my fear of tampering with Judah. I think he got offers no matter what, and maybe he got even more recently. Some people indicated a while back that Judah had NIL sorted out to stay here. Now some people are starting to indicate they're worried. So I'm wondering if anyone will share insight as to what's actually transpiring at this moment. I'm guessing there's people who have heard things. And I hope Cuse is prepared to do whatever it takes to keep him.
We have 400K we were going to spend on Jesse that we can spend on Judah.

Man, you guys are making me worried Judah's considering the portal. That would be a dagger - it would be brutal for him to be considered from another program when he does make it pro. Does anyone know if he's getting NIL offers from other programs a la Jesse?
He has an NBA future, unlike jesse, he is not going to give up a cushy spot where he is THE GUY to chase a couple hundred thousand dollars. He is focused on the NBA (as he should be), this transfer talk is just fear bait. If he intended to transfer, he would've already put his name so he could weigh the options broadly against the potential NBA opportunity.

SU will have an easier time wrapping their minds around demands from Judah than Jesse. Lets just make that clear. Some players you play hardball because they’re expendable to a degree, others you do whatever you can to hold on.

That said - though I’m sure he’s probably received… smoke signals from other programs, the main worry imo is still him staying in the draft. Id venture to say outside offers from p5 opponents have probably been present since 2022. Its todays environment

That team will rebound fine. It will also be turnover prone and struggle to score. Being a realistic that's probably a near .500 team.

Some serious fatalitistic takes here. It's by no means good or anything to be excited about though.

All things said a tough year needs to come with a major shift in the NIL space to be able to play ball if things go really south.
Benny and Bell have zero interest rebounding.

Benny and Bell have zero interest rebounding.

In the zone I agree. Overseas playing mtm Benny was right there with Hugley as a top rebounder and made it a point of emphasis on the floor.

Bell showed signs very late that he could up his game. We really need to see them under Red and in a more aggressive fast paced system. It's going to be about effort and coaching. There is enough evidence to date to see a path to both rebounding much better than the majority of their time under JB. We will see...

Weight room improvements for a guy like Brown who has very good instincts on the glass is something I'm curious to see as well. By all means we could be a joke on the boards but it's really too early to tell if weaknesses will prevail. I'm taking a flyer on being a much improved rebounding team.

Also am worried that Judah will portal if he withdraws. Didn’t want to put it here unless someone else did first, but yes, definitely comcerned.

The thing is that these NIL numbers are all inflated. All the college basketball analysts and experts are talking about how these figures all massively incentive laden and most of the kids like Jesse are unlikely to ever see anywhere near 800K. What are these kids and their handlers and parents thinking even considering offers from schools they have no relationship with? Don’t they realize they’re blowing smoke? And is no one reading the fine print? I gotta believe Judah’s dad, who’s a high profile lawyer, will see through the garbage inflated numbers that might be getting thrown out there.

Last edited:

Has literally been the case since day 1. Was discussed by prominent sports journalist figures.

No idea why anyone is still acting like this is new.

At best, these are set up like NFL contracts where they'll announce the max but you only have x% guaranteed.

At worst, well, you fell in with not great people in the deal.

Has literally been the case since day 1. Was discussed by prominent sports journalist figures.

No idea why anyone is still acting like this is new.

At best, these are set up like NFL contracts where they'll announce the max but you only have x% guaranteed.

At worst, well, you fell in with not great people in the deal.
Agree with you. Posted it because a large portion of our fans seem to be taking it at face value.

The thing is that these NIL numbers are all inflated. All the college basketball analysts and experts are talking about how these figures all massively incentive laden and most of the kids like Jesse are unlikely to ever see anywhere near 800K. What are these kids and their handlers and parents thinking even considering offers from schools they have no relationship with? And is no one reading the fine print? I gotta believe Judah’s dad, who’s a high profile lawyer, will see through the garbage inflated numbers that might be getting thrown out there.
Hopefully the fact that he comes from means helps us here. It's not like he needs to provide for his family. They're upper middle class. They won't think an extra couple hundred thousand bucks would be life changing for a kid who almost certainly will get an NBA contract in the near future.

Hopefully the fact that he comes from means helps us here. It's not like he needs to provide for his family. They're upper middle class. They won't think an extra couple hundred thousand bucks would be life changing for a kid who almost certainly will get an NBA contract in the near future.
I also saw a scout say the scheme didn't fit him, and I'm worried he'd be looking for something different to impress scouts. Obviously the zone makes him a defensive wild card, but I saw one comment that he could have had better numbers on offense if he played in a system with better spacing (especially in the Jesse/Maliq lineup, I assume). We'll have a new scheme next year, which is said to include m2m, so hopefully that's a non-factor in his decision, although I'm not sure our spacing will be much better.

I just said that I'm worried. Doesn't mean anything is final. Just not hearing anything that makes me happy these days.
About another portal addition, or Judah or both

everything. Not hearing good things about Judah. Not hearing good things about the center position. Not hearing anything about bringing in another guard. I am sure we will bring in a center and probably a guard. I just haven't heard anything.
Understand if you can’t answer this but are the Judah concerns portal or NBA related?

everything. Not hearing good things about Judah. Not hearing good things about the center position. Not hearing anything about bringing in another guard. I am sure we will bring in a center and probably a guard. I just haven't heard anything.
A good guard would probably wait for Judah to officially say he’s in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom