Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
If money isn't the biggest issue it should come down to...Does Judah want to play on national TV and have his highlights on ESPN etc. after every game, possibly play in the NCAA tournament and have his face on magazine covers and websites next year, or, does he want to disappear for a couple years and compete in games no one really cares about in front of hundreds of fans instead of thousands and have no one talk about him. He does have to go to school if he stays also. I am fairly certain we won't be seeing him in the NBA next season regardless of his decision. Draftwise I've seen him from mid second round to not drafted. Hoping he comes back, he makes us relevant again next year.

Will next year be "the sequel"?

1682727951382.jpeg

Last edited:
The thing that makes me nervous about this is we've seen what appears to be what makes most sense not pan out so many times with guys moving on. Hopefully Judah is not yet another.

If money isn't the biggest issue it should come down to...Does Judah want to play on national TV and have his highlights on ESPN etc. after every game, possibly play in the NCAA tournament and have his face on magazine covers and websites next year, or, does he want to disappear for a couple years and compete in games no one really cares about in front of hundreds of fans instead of thousands and have no one talk about him. He does have to go to school if he stays also. I am fairly certain we won't be seeing him in the NBA next season regardless of his decision. Draftwise I've seen him from mid second round to not drafted. Hoping he comes back, he makes us relevant again next year.
You say no one cares, but in reality the NBA teams would rather have you play for their G League team with and against other like minded players.

You say no one cares, but in reality the NBA teams would rather have you play for their G League team with and against other like minded players.
Additionally, I’m not sure anyone under the age of 40 cares about magazines or even ESPN.

not suggesting I don’t think he should stay, but the whole “pub” thing has nothing to do with it.

Jaden Hardy played for G league ignite, was a 2nd round pick, and played in only half of games for minor mins this year. folks that follow the nba know who he is and that he’s a prospect, same with Judah if he ups his game.

Judah may or may not be back...
View attachment 227442
View attachment 227441
Could be just reflecting on year one in Orange.

Could be announcing his come back for year two in Orange. (I'm going with this one.)

Could be saying next year will be even better wherever that may be.

My two screenshots catch the lyrics. ;)
Ok, why the hell would he put that up if he weren’t coming back? Is he a sadist? I feel grumpy.

I truly think it’s 60/40 he comes back but a lot will depend on how he does at the combine and what he hears. As of right now I think he comes back.

If Mintz comes back, we add a transfer center who is JUST AVERAGE. Then possibly add Papa Kante. That’s a team that has top 10 potential.

Mintz, Straling, Westry would be bucket getters
Benny, Brown, Bell, Taylor, Copeland are very solid role/rotational players who don’t need to be stars.

Then just give us an average center who can get us 7ppg, 8rpg and 2bpg. A bunch of decent bigs just hit the portal the last couple of days. We should be able to land one. Then we are in business

Then you have Elijah Moore, Donnie Freeman pretty much in the fold for the year after. Things are starting to look a little bit more like we are used too. Man does it feel great.

I truly think it’s 60/40 he comes back but a lot will depend on how he does at the combine and what he hears. As of right now I think he comes back.

If Mintz comes back, we add a transfer center who is JUST AVERAGE. Then possibly add Papa Kante. That’s a team that has top 10 potential.

Benny, Brown, Bell, Taylor, Copeland are very solid role/rotational players who don’t need to be stars.

Then just give us an average center who can get us 7ppg, 8rpg and 2bpg. A bunch of decent bigs just hit the portal the last couple of days. We should be able to land one. Then we are in business

Then you have Elijah Moore, Donnie Freeman pretty much in the fold for the year after. Things are starting to look a little bit more like we are used too. Man does it feel great.

That “average” center definition applies to maybe a dozen players.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Jesse possibly screwed this team. I know I know - still time, more portal entries, have faith in Red etc etc. But for several years we felt as though we needed one more guy, almost there, maybe next year etc. Next year is very promising if Judah returns but there’s a good chance we’re left saying what if we had a high end center, one piece away, could have been elite. Anyway, rant over. Here’s to hoping we look back at this completely unbothered.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Jesse possibly screwed this team. I know I know - still time, more portal entries, have faith in Red etc etc. But for several years we felt as though we needed one more guy, almost there, maybe next year etc. Next year is very promising if Judah returns but there’s a good chance we’re left saying what if we had a high end center, one piece away, could have been elite. Anyway, rant over. Here’s to hoping we look back at this completely unbothered.

f1387fbc-8b59-42a1-977b-1893df24306a_text.gif

The thread bumping December will be fun

Who is that center prospect going to be?

We're missing out on the opportunity to land that player to replace Jesse.

And add Papa Kante on top of that?

Who is that center prospect going to be?

We're missing out on the opportunity to land that player to replace Jesse.

And add Papa Kante on top of that?

Based on recent entries I'd say there are about 5 of 6 great options in the portal right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom