Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straughn is a good dude... and a great hire.
20230516_210622.jpg

So I’ve read through the past few pages and will offer what I’ve heard…which many here have already surmised.

The feedback to the Mintz camp PRE-COMBINE has been a reality check. It’s not what they wanted or expected to hear. He was essentially told his best plan was to return…especially in the era of NIL. We have a solid plan in place should he return.

There is absolutely no way that his measurables have done anything but reinforce that feedback.

He really needs to perform in the scrimmages. That is why his participation is a must. Even with all of this…he still may stay in the draft.

The good news is that AA is having regular conversations with his circle. We are not watching this from the outside.

I’m hearing the staff really believes it’s 50-50 right now.

In the NIL world I am not worried about academics.

No matter Judah’s decision, AA has a plan.
Jake if Mintz stays will SU still be going after the player you are referring to? Or is this player an option only if Mintz leaves?

Shouldn’t comment on the jeans, right? Will just focus on the fantastic grander point and support that our new coach is showing. The jeans, though. That’s certainly a choice.
Tight, it’s been about 35 years since I could pull that style off

So I’ve read through the past few pages and will offer what I’ve heard…which many here have already surmised.

The feedback to the Mintz camp PRE-COMBINE has been a reality check. It’s not what they wanted or expected to hear. He was essentially told his best plan was to return…especially in the era of NIL. We have a solid plan in place should he return.

There is absolutely no way that his measurables have done anything but reinforce that feedback.

He really needs to perform in the scrimmages. That is why his participation is a must. Even with all of this…he still may stay in the draft.

The good news is that AA is having regular conversations with his circle. We are not watching this from the outside.

His father Cameron is far from stupid. He also is a successful man of means. That’s why I have been confused that it seems like Judah is so dead set on going pro. I can’t fathom that he will stay in the draft without a promise. And I can’t understand why they would be satisfied with him going late second round or maybe going undrafted when he could come back and have a significant chance of being a first round pick.

I do wonder if academics could be a problem.

In the big picture, nobody has really talked about this but the worst case scenario has been avoided. I was significantly concerned that Judah would pull a Duce Chestnut and transfer for Nil or for a bigger name program. Obviously, the portal has closed so the good news is either he will be in the NBA and we will have sent him there, which we desperately need or even better he will be back.

Last edited:
I doubt it. Academics, structurally, aren't the hurdle that they have been in the past. Between online courses and flex schedules, these guys have a ton more latitude.

When your dream is NBA and you're almooooost there, and so very close, it's gotta be damn hard to make a disappointing decision objectively.

Shouldn’t comment on the jeans, right? Will just focus on the fantastic grander point and support that our new coach is showing. The jeans, though. That’s certainly a choice.

All the young engineers at work wear their pants like that. It would drive me nuts to wear skin tight pants. It’s like the exact opposite of the kids coming up in the grunge era.

Whatever decision Judah make will be the best one to help him obtain his overall goals.

While some may second guess any decision made, they are not weighing the sum of the factors he is considering.

Whatever decision he makes, I hope that he will be successful and is able to achieve his end goals.

Good luck, Judah.

His father Cameron is far from stupid. He also is a successful man of means. That’s why I have been confused that it seems like Judah is so dead set on going pro. I can’t fathom that he will stay in the draft without a promise. And I can’t understand why they would be satisfied with him going late second round or maybe going undrafted when he could come back and have a significant chance of being a first round pick.

In the big picture, nobody has really talked about this but the worst case scenario has been avoided. I was significantly concerned that Judah would pull a Duce Chestnut and transfer for Nil or for a bigger name program. Obviously, the portal has closed so the good news is either he will be in the NBA and we will have sent him there, which we desperately need or even better he will be back.
Seems unlikely, but there’s nothing (besides an offer from Ignite) preventing him from playing for G-League Ignite since a transfer to another school is off the table, right?

said by western conference scout..."He kept his eligibility, which I think is smart on his part. If he went back to Syracuse, he could go higher next year because next year’s draft class is not as strong as this one.

Whatever decision Judah make will be the best one to help him obtain his overall goals.

While some may second guess any decision made, they are not weighing the sum of the factors he is considering.

Whatever decision he makes, I hope that he will be successful and is able to achieve his end goals.

Good luck, Judah.
Maybe, but maybe not. I would think that it would be very difficult to go through the process, get so close, get a taste of what you want, and then have to pull out.

Let me beat some of you to it...

the office GIF

Last edited:
A Syracuse alumnus made Crocs cool to wear FWIW.

Re: How well Judah shoots the ball. Hasn't this board said that all year? If he could consistently shoot it well, he'd be a late first/early second lock instead of a late second/undrafted type.

I dig the overlap in crocs and Judahs shooting. Although I don't think it's going to help much but hey why not?

Plenty of kids make decisions that in hindsight turned out to be the wrong one. In the moment, sure, they think they’re making the best choice, but you can’t declare that it’s guaranteed to be the right one for him unless you’re a psychic.

I’m hearing they are considerably more confident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors