Just a quick reminder | Syracusefan.com

Just a quick reminder

yeah it's just really hard to tell right now, especially with the circumstances we've had w injuries/lineups.

so weird/unfortunate though to go from the feeling good on Wed night to the unease now 3 days later.

prolly gonna be a (nother) roller coaster ride

I agree it is only Dec1 but it seems like we are back in to our old habit of playing barely to the level of the competition. It will be interesting to see if and how we can improve before G-town and Buffalo. Yes the injuries have set us back but I hope to see some progress. Not sure what can help our centers get better?

Frank has played and or practiced with every player on this team outside of Carey and Buddy for 2 or 3 years, this is a very poor excuse.
Not an excuse, it’s a reason they they have struggled. Each season is new, it doesn’t matter what he did last year or who he played with. As a matter of fact I think they’ve played ok since he’s been back, offense has a better flow. They always have a game like this and will have others.

Howard did nothing last night. He hasn’t driven to the basket since he returned. All he’s done is shoot jumpers.

Exactly which makes me wonder how healthy he really is - or just needs to build up confidence that he is healthy?

Howard did nothing last night. He hasn’t driven to the basket since he returned. All he’s done is shoot jumpers.

That’s an adventure and dicey when he’s healthy but it’s 3 on 5 pretty much with him and either C in there moving forward if he plans on just standing behind the 3pt line.

Exactly which makes me wonder how healthy he really is - or just needs to build up confidence that he is healthy?

Agreed. He's obviously not fully healthy and does not fully trust his ankle. Once he's 100% the ability to drive adds a new dimension to the offense and will at least keep the defense honest on him and give him more room from deep. Until he's back to playing 35 minutes, Carey should be getting all those minutes and playing through mistakes.

Cuse!

it's 12-1 There is a long ways to go in this season. Tonight was ugly. Terrible. But...it is 12-1.
The only way we are going to succeed is to make our three point shots. We look lazy and all we want to do is launch 3s. If we get good at it we have a great season. If we continue to miss were dead. Why can’t we be more active with cuts and spreading out.

Be careful what you ask for Dash. People used to complain we started out fast and got worse as the year goes on. This team will get better. The overreaction after a hangover game is predictable.

What I think is funny is that some people actually believe that JB doesn’t see the problems that we are all seeing. It will get fixed, no doubt in my mind.

Frank has played and or practiced with every player on this team outside of Carey and Buddy for 2 or 3 years, this is a very poor excuse.

Have you ever played after surgery, a major injury, after not playing in a game situation for almost 8 months? Have you tried to regain confidence both physically and mentally after that injury for a team that needs you now? 8 to 10 practices doesn’t even come close to preparing a player out for months to compete at full speed, ideal conditioning in game conditions. He has to work hard to insure he can push off, jump, make sharp cuts over time to regain pre-injury effectiveness. Anyone who has experienced it themself or been close to someone who has had surgery after a serious sports injury realizes the time and effort needed to regain their total game.

Have you ever played after surgery, a major injury, after not playing in a game situation for almost 8 months? Have you tried to regain confidence both physically and mentally after that injury for a team that needs you now? 8 to 10 practices doesn’t even come close to preparing a player out for months to compete at full speed, ideal conditioning in game conditions. He has to work hard to insure he can push off, jump, make sharp cuts over time to regain pre-injury effectiveness. Anyone who has experienced it themself or been close to someone who has had surgery after a serious sports injury realizes the time and effort needed to regain their total game.

I never put anything on Frank, not sure what anything you wrote has to do with me.

I never put anything on Frank, not sure what anything you wrote has to do with me.
you said this:
"Frank has played and or practiced with every player on this team outside of Carey and Buddy for 2 or 3 years, this is a very poor excuse. "

That certainly implies that you think Frank has some culpability in the poor performance last night..

you said this:
"Frank has played and or practiced with every player on this team outside of Carey and Buddy for 2 or 3 years, this is a very poor excuse. "

That certainly implies that you think Frank has some culpability in the poor performance last night..

No, has nothing to do with his performance, it has to do with the team being behind with new players. Our new players barely play and we’ve been practicing with the main players for over a year or more. Read what I was replying to instead of what I’m saying by itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom