Just came back from the Jordan Classic | Syracusefan.com

Just came back from the Jordan Classic

Gabjon

All American
Here are my thoughts on our guys:

Chino: good athlete, bigger frame than BMK I think he will be a productive player after his RS year.

Roberson: is good enough to get minute next year. Had 16pt 13rebs today and is a excellent rebounder plays more like a 3 than a 4. He has a better handle than either CJ or Grant. Had a really nice play where he rebounded the ball brought it up left handed and made a nice left handed pass for a layup, ball never touched his right hand. Nice form on the jumper but needs to get up shots because its not consistent enough.

Ennis: was a few plays away from a huge game, but I walked away extremely impressed! He was clearly the best floor general on the court. Had 14pt 6assist and 5rebs I believe, but I felt like I was watching a young Chris Paul seriously! Dude is a leader and a competitor. He is not the athlete MCW is but he is more skilled and deceptive than MCW. I no longer see him as a 4 year player.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the report but please let me hold onto my unrealistic fantasy of having Ennis for 4 years and 4 FF's at least until we hit the preseason tourney and he blows up nationally.

Ennis exceeded my expectations from what I saw. But Julius Randle, that guy is the real deal. Not happy seeing a guy like him going to Kentucky. He was head and shoulders above anyone else.

Ennis exceeded my expectations from what I saw. But Julius Randle, that guy is the real deal. Not happy seeing a guy like him going to Kentucky. He was head and shoulders above anyone else.
I really like Randle, but he was getting blocked consistently. He is very athletic and strong and what a motor, but he a good big man can keep him in check.

I really like Randle, but he was getting blocked consistently. He is very athletic and strong and what a motor, but he a good big man can keep him in check.

Yeah Randle was good but also forced it a lot trying to make a point. IMHO he didn't deserve co player of the game.

Was also at the national game, had very good seats.

Ennis is the real deal. Came away so impressed with him.

Doesn't wow you with his athleticism, but he has moxie that I haven't seen in an SU guard since possibly Gerry. Understands the game so well, on both ends of the court. Ennis doesn't have the length MCW had, but at the top of the zone with his anticipation and quick hands he will be extremely effective.

He ended up with four steals, but easily could have had one or two more. Just missed a couple of open three-pointers. Makes one of them and he's looking at a line of 17 pts., 5 rebs., 6 assts., 5 stls. in 23 minutes, and possible MVP of the game. Not too bad.

Did make a few bad decisions with the ball that I didn't like, but all in all he had a pretty impressive performance. I felt like he was going to make something happen positively, and there was a guy right behind the bench of the East that had a big Tyler head and was yelling at the coaches to put Tyler in the game. It was pretty funny.

Other random musings:

- Randle is a beast. He's going to be a problem in the SEC. Does have a tendency to get out of control once in awhile but he is strong, tough and is left-handed, which is always a plus.
- Harrison twins did not impress me all that much. They have some talent, but looked like they were all about themselves. Could have been the all-star game setting. But I'd rather have Ennis than either of them.
- Wiggins will be the #1 overall draft pick of the 2014 NBA Draft. Kid is a flat-out stud. So smooth, and finishes well.
- The big athletic kid going to Kansas is going to be pretty good if he gets an offensive game. Had five blocks and can really jump.
- Another kid that stood out for the West was Jabari Parker. Can put it on the floor extremely well for his size. Good player. Gonna be fun to watch the Syracuse-Duke battles coming up over the next few years and beyond.

Thanks for the report but please let me hold onto my unrealistic fantasy of having Ennis for 4 years and 4 FF's at least until we hit the preseason tourney and he blows up nationally.

well how about 4 FF's in a row and a lottery pick every year?

Was also at the national game, had very good seats.

Ennis is the real deal. Came away so impressed with him.

Doesn't wow you with his athleticism, but he has moxie that I haven't seen in an SU guard since possibly Gerry. Understands the game so well, on both ends of the court. Ennis doesn't have the length MCW had, but at the top of the zone with his anticipation and quick hands he will be extremely effective.

He ended up with four steals, but easily could have had one or two more. Just missed a couple of open three-pointers. Makes one of them and he's looking at a line of 17 pts., 5 rebs., 6 assts., 5 stls. in 23 minutes, and possible MVP of the game. Not too bad.

Did make a few bad decisions with the ball that I didn't like, but all in all he had a pretty impressive performance. I felt like he was going to make something happen positively, and there was a guy right behind the bench of the East that had a big Tyler head and was yelling at the coaches to put Tyler in the game. It was pretty funny.

Other random musings:

- Randle is a beast. He's going to be a problem in the SEC. Does have a tendency to get out of control once in awhile but he is strong, tough and is left-handed, which is always a plus.
- Harrison twins did not impress me all that much. They have some talent, but looked like they were all about themselves. Could have been the all-star game setting. But I'd rather have Ennis than either of them.
- Wiggins will be the #1 overall draft pick of the 2014 NBA Draft. Kid is a flat-out stud. So smooth, and finishes well.
- The big athletic kid going to Kansas is going to be pretty good if he gets an offensive game. Had five blocks and can really jump.
- Another kid that stood out for the West was Jabari Parker. Can put it on the floor extremely well for his size. Good player. Gonna be fun to watch the Syracuse-Duke battles coming up over the next few years and beyond.

Yeah I feel like the twins are a bit overrated and more importantly I think they are both 2guards...there won't be enough basketballs in Kentucky next year.

Yeah I feel like the twins are a bit overrated and more importantly I think they are both 2guards...there won't be enough basketballs in Kentucky next year.
I know it was an all-stat, I mean all-star game, but after watching the Harrisons pound the ball and pout and Randle force a lot of shots, I think Cal will have some ego and chemistry problems next year. Hopefully Wiggins paid attention and goes elsewhere.

Ennis missed a layup and two free throws and then passed up a layup to throw an oop. He left points on the floor and could've had twenty. Didn't care though because he was one of the top three or four players on the court.

Wiggins; for the number one player you'd think he'd have a nice outside shot. He doesn't, clanged some threes and his form is bad.

Also wiggins was the pg in the first q with Ennis playing off the ball. As he game moved along this switched. Ennis gravitated to the point where he ran the show and wiggins played off the ball - more where he belongs IMO.

The Harrison kids I was not impressed and they were the gams biggest ball hogs.

Ennis sort of reminded me of Jason Kidd / mark jackson. And holy shoot does he have a handle, way better than I was expecting. He's an immediate upgrade over mcw and triche in that department.

What I love about Ennis is that he'll look to in involve everybody first but can get to into the lane and score if he wants or has to. He could've gone to he rim at will last night and he knew it.

Chino: good athlete, bigger frame than BMK I think he will be a productive player after his RS year.

Roberson: is good enough to get minute next year. Had 16pt 13rebs today and is a excellent rebounder plays more like a 3 than a 4. He has a better handle than either CJ or Grant. Had a really nice play where he rebounded the ball brought it up left handed and made a nice left handed pass for a layup, ball never touched his right hand. Nice form on the jumper but needs to get up shots because its not consistent enough.

Ennis: was a few plays away from a huge game, but I walked away extremely impressed! He was clearly the best floor general on the court. Had 14pt 6assist and 5rebs I believe, but I felt like I was watching a young Chris Paul seriously! Dude is a leader and a competitor. He is not the athlete MCW is but he is more skilled and deceptive than MCW. I no longer see him as a 4 year player.

Thanks. Chris Paul comparison is huge and I LOVE PGs with moxie. That's what separated Scoop from being a pretty decent player despite his lack of physical impressiveness.

Ennis missed a layup and two free throws and then passed up a layup to throw an oop. He left points on the floor and could've had twenty. Didn't care though because he was one of the top three or four players on the court.

Wiggins; for the number one player you'd think he'd have a nice outside shot. He doesn't, clanged some threes and his form is bad.

Also wiggins was the pg in the first q with Ennis playing off the ball. As he game moved along this switched. Ennis gravitated to the point where he ran the show and wiggins played off the ball - more where he belongs IMO.

The Harrison kids I was not impressed and they were the gams biggest ball hogs.

Ennis sort of reminded me of Jason Kidd / mark jackson. And holy shoot does he have a handle, way better than I was expecting. He's an immediate upgrade over mcw and triche in that department.

What I love about Ennis is that he'll look to in involve everybody first but can get to into the lane and score if he wants or has to. He could've gone to he rim at will last night and he knew it.
Andrew Harrison took 4 shots and had 8 assists. O_O

You guys read too much into these games, guys have been evaluated for years and are generally who the rankings say they are. I remember when Aaron Gordon was the best player in the class after the McDonalds game. Now Randle is being overhyped for a good all star game.

Watching it on ESPNU right now. I think. I've seen Ennis but not Roberson or Obokoh. And they had a graphic showing commits in the game and Syracuse had jsut one. Am I missing something?

CHino and Roberson played in the ealier International game. Lower level

Andrew Harrison took 4 shots and had 8 assists. O_O

You guys read too much into these games, guys have been evaluated for years and are generally who the rankings say they are. I remember when Aaron Gordon was the best player in the class after the McDonalds game. Now Randle is being overhyped for a good all star game.

There is a reason that the coach ended the game with Ennis at the point and the twins at the 2&3 with Wiggins and Randle. Kentucky will win 90% of their games next year simply by showing up but in a close game it about decision making and Ennis was the best decision maker on the floor.

Watching it on ESPNU right now. I think. I've seen Ennis but not Roberson or Obokoh. And they had a graphic showing commits in the game and Syracuse had jsut one. Am I missing something?

Roderson and Obokoh were in the regional game which was before the national game and was not televised.

Moxie and reliable shooting were the only things missing from this year's team. Glad to see one of those gaps may have been filled.-VBOF

There is a reason that the coach ended the game with Ennis at the point and the twins at the 2&3 with Wiggins and Randle. Kentucky will win 90% of their games next year simply by showing up but in a close game it about decision making and Ennis was the best decision maker on the floor.

At the start of the game Andrew Harrison was bringing the ball up and Ennis was off the ball. When Ennis got the ball he facilitated and made great passes to get guys open shots. He really made some nice passes into the post. Notice that the last 5 minutes of the game Ennis was running the show with the Harrisons off the ball. The coaches knew Ennis was much more effective running the offense. Tyler was a couple plays away from having a monster game. He didn't finish a layup that just rolled off, he missed a couple of open 3's and in keeping with Syracuse tradition missed 2 FT's. He could have had 20 points.

At the start of the game Andrew Harrison was bringing the ball up and Ennis was off the ball. When Ennis got the ball he facilitated and made great passes to get guys open shots. He really made some nice passes into the post. Notice that the last 5 minutes of the game Ennis was running the show with the Harrisons off the ball. The coaches knew Ennis was much more effective running the offense. Tyler was a couple plays away from having a monster game. He didn't finish a layup that just rolled off, he missed a couple of open 3's and in keeping with Syracuse tradition missed 2 FT's. He could have had 20 points.
And Dykes still wouldn't have mentioned him. I don't mean to harp on it, but it really is remarkable how these commentators stick to their scripts.

And Dykes still wouldn't have mentioned him. I don't mean to harp on it, but it really is remarkable how these commentators stick to their scripts.

The two best things about going to the game are:

One you get to watch what you want to watch and not what the cameraman wants you to watch and no commentators...I didn't even know Jimmy Dyckes did the game;)

The two best things about going to the game are:

One you get to watch what you want to watch and not what the cameraman wants you to watch and no commentators...I didn't even know Jimmy Dyckes did the game;)
He could have done the game from his hotel room. There were players he was supposed to talk about and he did, regardless of how they played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom