Just curious | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just curious

Yes. I hate the idea that a good team that is so superior to its mediocre mid major conference brethren just waltzes into a number 1 seed. Number 1 seeds have huge advantages in getting deep into the tournament. Basically they don't have tough games until the Elite 8. While the Zags did well in scheduling a few tough nonconference games, I just hate the idea of how easily they get a number 1 seed and all its advantages. They went 1-2 against ranked teams and they barely beat a very green Duke team in Maui after blowing an 11 point lead with 6 minutes left. Being almost winless against the only ranked teams they faced while blowing out Illinois, Texas A&M and every team west of the Rockies just doesn't scream National Champion deserving to me. I hope they get beat. That's not to say they're not good. I just don't think they'll have really earned it the way I like a team to earn it.

They handled Duke most of that game at a time 90 percent of this board thought they were going undefeated and at full strength after that team beat UK by 30.

No issues with them if they do win it all but I loathe any notion of them being a 1 seed in that conference. I don't care who they played early on 3 months prior to the dance they can't be rewarded like they currently are for having a 3 month bye to fine tune things against lesser competition. Therefore I root for them to flame out early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom