Just Got a Call from My NBA Scout Friend... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Just Got a Call from My NBA Scout Friend...

grant is probably our most surefire since melo/dion. hes a shooting star and will be out of here before we know it

Grant is the youngest play on the team by 2 years! (18 years old) He is a can't miss first round pick!

For guards especially, I just feel that if you have the talent to make an NBA roster, scouts usually identify it after your sophomore year or so. How often do 4-year guards get drafted and then stick around the league?
damian lillard. your 2013 rookie of the year.

I know Triche is a senior and MCW is a sophomore but Triche is only 8months older than MCW both were born in 1991. Triche and MCW are the age of a typical junior. My biggest concern with Triche in the pros is he doesn't run pick and role very well, and most teams run a ton of pick and roles.

Maybe he could take on a new roll in the pick and role.

Maybe he could take on a new roll in the pick and role.

I have a bad habit of writing the wrong roll...but the does change the facts that Brandon is not good at it.

I'm fairly certain some of you guys are just messing with me now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Sources tell me many teams now looking at Keita as late first round material...

Pretty much our whole team is first round - I'm still shocked Brandon Reese didn't get drafted.

I have a bad habit of writing the wrong roll...but the does change the facts that Brandon is not good at it.

Do we even use a pick and roll? Now or in the past? I just can't remember us doing it much ever.

Last 2 drafts 40 seniors have been taken. 14 were guards.

Perhaps I used too strong of language, obviously it's not impossible to make the league as a senior guard, but my observations/impressions are that guys who last that long in college are more likely to drop to the mid-to-late second round due to the fact that they lack some type of superior skill that scouts would have identified earlier in their career.

Regarding Triche, I love the kid and want to be wrong on this, but I just don't think he's an NBA player by any stretch of the imagination.

Do we even use a pick and roll? Now or in the past? I just can't remember us doing it much ever.

Scoop and Fab ran more pick and rolls than any two players in the past twenty years. MCW and Rak run it a lot as well. Jonny was great at running it with AO and Ricky. They also use James in the pick and pop with MCW as well.

These conversations happen every year like this. It amazing me that the collective fanbase does not learn from its own mistakes in overrating our own player's NBA potential.

Scoop and Fab ran more pick and rolls than any two players in the past twenty years. MCW and Rak run it a lot as well. Jonny was great at running it with AO and Ricky. They also use James in the pick and pop with MCW as well.

i'll have to watch today as I cant point to a single give and go executed by Rak and MCW. it's certainly not part of our regular offense.

i'll have to watch today as I cant point to a single give and go executed by Rak and MCW. it's certainly not part of our regular offense.

give and goes and pick and rolls are two different plays. The high pick and roll cannot be run against a zone but it is a major part of our man to man offense

And didn't we run plenty of pick and rolls last year that ended with Fab for an alley oop?

We run a ton of pick and roll. When we had Jonny we ran it almost all the time. We don't frequently hit the roll man though.

give and goes and pick and rolls are two different plays. The high pick and roll cannot be run against a zone but it is a major part of our man to man offense

Yeah, Christmas got at least one dunk off the high pick and roll in the Villanova game.

We don't run it nearly as much this year as last (at least we haven't yet), but it's there.

And didn't we run plenty of pick and rolls last year that ended with Fab for an alley oop?

We run a ton of pick and roll. When we had Jonny we ran it almost all the time. We don't frequently hit the roll man though.

Yes, Scoop to Fab was becoming nearly automatic last year before the first suspension.

I worry Fair could jump.

I don't want to, but I still see Rak jumping on potential next year. PF's in the NBA can pack the paint alittle more as they don't have to cover their man on the corners or other guards/SF that sneak out there. If he thinks he will develop more isolation offense though and is working on it in practice another year could really help him.

Dajuan is going to be able to use his isolation offense next year once we can risk him on the floor defensively(and he can shoot freethrows). CJ is already finding his. Gbinije looks like he wants to attack and I get the feeling will be our tallest guy who can actually play defensive guard since Paul Harris. And Grant will keep developing. I really love the thought of those 4 being our scoring neucleus. And Rak could be in the mix as well.

I like the thought of Ennis at the point even as a fresh, he won't have to break people down with the dribble with the scorers around him. And Cooney, Patterson, Robertson,BJ and Ennis(if he isn't worried about passing all the time) in no particular order might put up some decent points for us.

But for now I am loving this team. They are playing great team ball.

Gave up trying to figure out who will make it in the nba and who won't. It seems like it is all about getting in the right situation, with the right team. But BT can get paid to play basketball someplace for many years.

Agree. We run a lot of high ball screens but rarely is the intent to have the big man roll to the basket looking for a pass. We ran pick and roll early last year a lot with Scoop and Melo. Other than that the ball screens are almost always meant to get the guard into the lane and don't involve the big man looking for a scoring chance. Especially when they ran it with Jonny.

Agree. We run a lot of high ball screens but rarely is the intent to have the big man roll to the basket looking for a pass. We ran pick and roll early last year a lot with Scoop and Melo. Other than that the ball screens are almost always meant to get the guard into the lane and don't involve the big man looking for a scoring chance. Especially when they ran it with Jonny.

thats how i recall things too.

I see four years with Jerami, not that I don't think he will be 1st round worthy, more for the fact that I think the Grant family will want to see him get his degree. They are not exactly hardship material. He'll be high 1st round his senior year though.

I see four years with Jerami, not that I don't think he will be 1st round worthy, more for the fact that I think the Grant family will want to see him get his degree. They are not exactly hardship material. He'll be high 1st round his senior year though.

If Grant is here for 4 years he could easily be the best player in the country as a senior. 4 years of development with that talent, length and athletic ability should allow him to separate from the super talented Frosh and Sophs that seem to dominate these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom