Just heard some bad news.. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Just heard some bad news..

the 2nd semester starts the day after the first ends . just like it does in football. when they find out the grades you are done.

I thought so as well. Weren't there a few players who couldn't play in the Pinstripe Bowl last year because of academics? That was before second semester classes began.

Is it possibly Melo's absence is not related to grades if it does indeed turn out to be true?

Isn't there a way to tweet somebody directly (or something). Can anybody tweet Mike Waters to get his take? He is obviously there, may have even been on the same flight with the team.

6 nervous hours before a game and it aint even a national championship game-just because of internet rumors

Melo - out today and Monday? Just got a text from a university employee. BS or real?

I never understand how this happens. Don't they have coaches/managers all over these kids making sure they are going to class and doing work? Yes, they can't take tests for kids, but I mean if you're going to demand kids study/do work while locked in a room with a tutor or someone, how can they not just do enough to get a 2.0.

This crap is unexceptable, if true.

Alright, I never post here, but this is ridiculous. First, if he were ineligible we would've known a few weeks ago when grades were posted. Last I knew, as a former D-I athlete, if you're ineligible, you're ineligible, no appeal process. Now, you can make up work and become eligible later, but any games you play in until then, your team risks forfeiting. SU wouldn't take that risk. You're done as soon as those grades are in. Second, a 2 game suspension? If you're ineligible, they don't slap you on the wrist. You have to get your grades up the following semester and you may be able to play after that, but you don't get suspended for two games. This thread makes ZERO sense at this point.

I hope youre right. What D-1 sport did you play?

As a matter of fact I have - twice. They still haven't found either of them.

hoya fan?

why would a true su fan hide some 7footers in indiana instead of syracuse unless he is a closet hoya

I saw this on a totally non-SU related board this morning. A SU "insider" claims Melo flunked out and Mookie is gone due to a fight.

How hard can it be to stay eligible? An A for basketball training and an A from Rick Wright in some basic Newhouse course has been working for years.

I thought so as well. Weren't there a few players who couldn't play in the Pinstripe Bowl last year because of academics? That was before second semester classes began.

Is it possibly Melo's absence is not related to grades if it does indeed turn out to be true?

Football is different than basketball.

Sent from my DROIDX

Isn't there a way to tweet somebody directly (or something). Can anybody tweet Mike Waters to get his take? He is obviously there, may have even been on the same flight with the team.

The team flys charter. The media makes their own travel arrangements.

With the academic support these players get 7 days a week, if you can't make a 2.0 it's because you flat out don't give a damn. You almost have to willfully just blow off doing any school work. If this is true, Fab has not only let down all SU fans but even more importantly...his teammates.

about 5 hours till game time i would think even the reporters for the sub standard would have found out-

Again academic emails were sent out yesterday around 10:00 am, he or the coaches may not have know until around noon. And yes classes started Tuesday which is strange that it takes this long to find out you have a problem.

It is almost impossible to become ineligible with all of the support and friendly professors on campus. So if it is true, Fab is a moron.

he says its cold n his last twitter cant be about south bend because its almost 20 degrees

So is it possible that, if it turns out he misses games, this is not academic-related?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom