Just heard some bad news.. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Just heard some bad news..

Curious what class(es) it was. The teachers have to realize were number one.

That's the type of mentality that gets schools going down that slippery slope towards the death penalty.

Until student athletes at D-1 schools start getting paid, they're still STUDENTS first, if in name only. They still have to be accountable to a minimum.

I just don't get how you can appeal being academically ineligible? Either you have the grades or you don't.

I have no idea either. Maybe the SU students here can chime in on it.

haha im thinking the same thing. that teacher is gonna need security 24/ in syracuse. we're #1 and undefeated!!! just give him a D-!!!
I think you need a 2.0 to be eligible; that's a C- at most universities

well, unless he didn't know anything when he wrote that, he is either okay to play or he is a complete tool.

has anyone gone on fab's facebook page or followed his twitter? If fab is on the road with the team, I believe that would mean that he can play.

I follow him on Twitter and he did say he was on his way to South Bend yesterday, that why I found this weird.

I would hope that none of the teachers give any of the athletes a break on their grades ever!

Someone in the other thread mentioned red herring.

But yes, I think if he didn't travel he wouldn't even tweet anything.

We are dreaming if we think Fan will win an appeal. He's already had trouble with the law and this is happening in the aftermath of the Bernie situation. The university will bend over backwards in order to not have a hint of a basketball player getting preferential treatment. 2nd time in 3 years we had the best team and get screwed by losing our center.

I think you need a 2.0 to be eligible; that's a C- at most universities

haha oops. i have a good excuse, i didnt go to college.

then just give him a C-!!!

don't know..as i said..FWIW...We shall see...
It seems this is info folks involved with process should know? What is appeal process? If it is just "they got it wrong" that seems pointless. If it means I am trying and will do better, or there are mitigating circumstances, so reduce suspension that makes more sense. And provides more hope. Anyone know?

And let me preface by saying if it is true Fab is 100% accountable and not trying to divert any of the blame... but how the hell could the staff not be on top of this?

I don't understand how, with tutors and (I'm assuming) mandatory study halls, any athlete can dip under 2.0.

Melo_elo51 Fabricio Melo

Good morning yall. We r heading to ND today. On to the next one. 4 days break was too long. Can't wait to play again.
He posted that yesterday
That tweet was from yesterday (FRIDAY) morning...

Folks, we don't know what the deal is yet. Let's step off the ledge here. Although I will say that if Melo is off the team, I think this means that DW is in the starting lineup.

X-Mas/Keita
Fair/Southerland
Joseph/Fair
Waiters/Triche
Scoop/MCW

melo could also be bluffing in that tweet. why would JB want ND to prepare against a melo-less team? you attack syracuse differently if melo is not in the lineup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom