Just heard some bad news.. | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Just heard some bad news..

Think his last tweet was about the cold tub, as in icing down after practice. That's how I read it, anyway, since he said "cold tube" (I assume that's a stray E).

Again academic emails were sent out yesterday around 10:00 am, he or the coaches may not have know until around noon. And yes classes started Tuesday which is strange that it takes this long to find out you have a problem.
There were probably some unofficial appeals/back room moving and shaking going on. This is a high profile case. Doesn't surprise me at all.

Think his last tweet was about the cold tub, as in icing down after practice. That's how I read it, anyway, since he said "cold tube" (I assume that's a stray E).

Cold Tube - Clearly he was referring to this...

It is almost impossible to become ineligible with all of the support and friendly professors on campus. So if it is true, Fab is a moron.

I admit there have not been many SU basketball players who have been ruled academically ineligible but a few have flunked out.

@dumbass
I find it very odd that this set of rumors is firming up to such a degree and yet Waters nor the Post Standard have run a word about it. They still have their scouting report up with no mention of the Melo/Jones situation.

The only way to flunk out is to not go to class at all - hard to cover that one up. I cannot fathom Fab flunking out as there has to be an assistant coach assigned to knowing exactly what he grade situation is every day. The whole point behind having far more basketball staff than you need to is to babysit these guys so it never gets to this point. So if this ends up being true, I stand by my statement - he is a moron for throwing it away. And if true, he went from the feel good story of the year to landing on the list of all-time SU failures.

So is it possible that, if it turns out he misses games, this is not academic-related?

No

Sent from my DROIDX

Halftime of RU-Gtown, can anyone trip up Syracuse this year?

Question should be, can Syracuse trip up itself this year?

Sad thing is a Fab temper tantrum and him smacking people around would be better than flunking out.

If Melo is academically ineligible already before the 2nd semester of his soph year he should be let go. He's already on his 2nd chance with the problem with his girlfriend. If after that incident he wasn't concerned enough to keep his grades in order, better to send him on his way. The university has had enough bad publicity without keeping him around.

I think it's funny that we will know the answer by 6. It would have been out by now. Gullible is the word of the day.

UNC loses Strickland, and we lose Melo. Calipari must busting open a bottle of Cristal as we speak.

All I know is that I heard a rumor Trevor Cooney once made mousse from a moose, and it was agreed to be the most delicious thing anyone ever ate.

they definitely have someone on Fab at all times, when I saw him at the bar after the Prov game Tomazeski(sp) was following him around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom