Just like last year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Just like last year

You realize I never said anything about playoff tickets. If you could sell 9-10 games and go to 71-72 for FREE it is just a personal right and makes sense. Plus Yankees-Red Sox games were always 3.5-4 hours long. Jeez Kaiser it makes a lot of sense most years he would keep 1 Yankee game just to go once but those games in Boston pre-3 WSs would go for a lot of money.
CNYers do nothing but complain about the games, times and teams they get.

The closest thing to a playoff game for Cuse hoop IS dook...and they sell them.

They cry about football games being scheduled at Giants Stadium.

They cry about the kickoff time for games at the Dome.

They cry about the teams who do come to the Dome.

They pump their chests out and say, yeah...just wait till hoop season.

Then they sell the biggest game of the year.

LALALALALA-LOSERS.

F em. Move LSU to Giants Stadium right the F now.

And next years dook/unc game should be at MSG.

Done with their nonsense.

What if these people needed money all of a sudden? What if these people didn't know these were Duke fans? What if these people gave them to Duke fans who would otherwise never have the means to see a college bball game? Gave them to a sick kid and his parents? Gave them out as part of doing business?

Not knowing any of the circumstances, yet still casting down judgment is quite laughable.

Most likely, they aren't the type of fans that bleed orange and get off on an internet fan message board and maybe make some money back on a game or two, but we don't know that for sure.

If you can get to the point that 1) you are so sure that these were sold for money and couldn't be for anything else and 2) you get legitimately angry, then maybe it's time for you to take a vacation and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing since you are so sure you know what they did and what is right. That burden must be heavy and you've earned your beach trip.

If it is such a problem, why not set up a ticket exchange on the board for SU fans to sell to other SU fans?

LALALALALA-LOSERS.

I don't live in CNY and outside of 4 years at SU and a couple of Saturdays in the fall I never appear in CNY.

If you can go see St.John's, Louisville, Pitt, Virginia and other good games and supplement the cost by selling Duke that makes sense.

Don't compare SU football to SU basketball. I am a season ticket holder for FB not BB. If SU FB got the local support the BB gets the Dome would be over 40k legitimately every game. As SU has more out of state FB season ticket holder than BB season ticket holders.
The Dome was probably 95-5% SU yesterday rather than the typically 99.9-0.1% we had a huge home advantage and if some fans want to take advantage of a hot ticket then be happy they support the program.

How many Duke fans are we talking here? I mean on tv the ratio seemed about 30 to 1.

This happens at every arena everywhere. Didn't some of you go to Cameron last year?

SUMBA said:
If it is such a problem, why not set up a ticket exchange on the board for SU fans to sell to other SU fans?

Agreed. There should be a seperate forum for tickets. It was done for a fine mess and NCAA stuff.

I don't live in CNY and outside of 4 years at SU and a couple of Saturdays in the fall I never appear in CNY.

If you can go see St.John's, Louisville, Pitt, Virginia and other good games and supplement the cost by selling Duke that makes sense.

Don't compare SU football to SU basketball. I am a season ticket holder for FB not BB. If SU FB got the local support the BB gets the Dome would be over 40k legitimately every game. As SU has more out of state FB season ticket holder than BB season ticket holders.
The Dome was probably 95-5% SU yesterday rather than the typically 99.9-0.1% we had a huge home advantage and if some fans want to take advantage of a hot ticket then be happy they support the program.
Dumb of them, they cry too much.

Sell the rest, go to dook.

Move next 10-15 years worth of games to MSG.

Crowds make a difference. You are helping the opponent selling to opposing fans. So IMO it's a little hypocritical for a so called fan to sell his Duke tix to Duke fans. Like I said previously, I'd rather they go unused. Just my opinion.

Yeah because you pay for his tickets. As I said if you pay for your season tickets by selling the high value games it is your right. Most of his section did the same thing. Nobody has a right to complain if you sell your tickets as we don't complain when Syracuse fans takeover opposing arenas. At Nova earlier this year a lot of Orange sat in floor seats and Nova fans weren't acting like how they dare our fans sell those seats. It puts money into the program and if I could see 71 games for practically free by selling 9-10 games your damn right its smart.

I'm just messing around (I'm a Yankees fan anyway, so I'd be thrilled if your Uncle sold his tickets to a Yankees fan) - I'm not going to take my hypothetical revenge by hypothetically burning his hypothetical house down! Settle down, we're all friends here! :)

LGO!!!

Crowds make a difference. You are helping the opponent selling to opposing fans. So IMO it's a little hypocritical for a so called fan to sell his Duke tix to Duke fans. Like I said previously, I'd rather they go unused. Just my opinion.
Yup, we missed our foul shots because there were a 1000 Duke fans there yesterday. :bat: As someone who lives over two hours away and has season tickets, I can speak first hand about unused tickets, giving tickets away for next to nothing and also about selling certain games at a premium. Also, let's talk about paying for gas, tolls, hotel rooms as well. This was a ridiculous thread last year and continues this year. Like others have said, have a ticket exchange board. That will hopefully keep some tickets off stubhub and craigslist.

Yeah you're right. We lost because there were a couple hundred Duke fans in the sea of 35,000+ orange fans.

Some so called SU fans sold their prime tix to Dook fans. Sad.
You're a man of power. Set up a ticket exchange board. I'd be more than happy to put the seats I am not going to use on there, like Pitt next Saturday.

Yeah you're right. We lost because there were a couple hundred Duke fans in the sea of 35,000+ orange fans.
I see all of the points. All I'm saying, and maybe it's just something personally I need to get over, is being a season ticket holder having Duke fans cheering behind me was not enjoyable yesterday. This response would be the same win or lose, no sour grapes.

LALALALALA-LOSERS.

They also cry about a few fans selling or giving their tickets to the opposing team fans.

All of this crying over how many blue shirts down low?

Last edited:
They also cry about a few fans selling or giving their tickets to the opposing team.

All of this crying over how many blue shirts down low?
It may not have made a difference -- doesn't make it right either. Try getting a ticket to cameron indoor as an SU fan.

That's not even an issue - many people sell Duke and other tickets to SU fans on this board all the time. Jake put up some tickets on game day and they were gone in minutes. There's no excuse to peddle them to Dukies.

Until you know every persons financial situation, please withhold your opinions.
If you're hurting for cash, selling out to a dukie is not the answer. Try posting the tickets here ... (duh).

I doubt that the original person who could buy those seats has financial trouble. And I don't think it matters. Selling them to someone willing to pay more doesn't make someone any less of a fan any more than the fact that the Duke fan can pay more makes him a more of a fan. These tickets cost a lot and if someone thinks they can make up part of the price by selling them to the highest bidder, more power to them.
Perfect expression of the (bs) free market apologist's credo. Try posting your tickets here instead of claiming that you're "desperate".

Laughable that people give a s.hit about what someone does with their tickets
We do. We're SU fans, and we think it's bull to sell Dome tics to Duke fans and then try to justify it for money. You're on the wrong board.

I know people who cannot afford season tix but still want to support SU and bring their kids. Selling games allows them to attend.
Have them post on the board for a loan (or buyers) if they're that desperate.

Here's a little story for some of the clowns in here getting their obviously more orange than other people's panties in a bunch-

Last week my buddy who lives in syracuse asked if I wanted two tickets to a cavs/heat game for 75 each, as I live in akron. Good seats that were worth more. Apparently his aunt lives around cleveland and he was trying to help her sell them.

Why? Because his uncle, her husband, had a serious medical issue come up a few days prior that completely changed priorities and plans, and led them to be in the Rochester area where they had family.

I didn't have luck selling them. But do you think if I found Miami Heat fans willing to take them, my buddy wouldn't have sold them? Maybe I should have told him to tell his aunt to check out clevelandcavsfan.com to keep the tickets with the home team. Not.

Am I saying this is what happened with these seats yesterday? No. And guess why? Because nobody knows.

Because everyone who goes to the game posts on syracusefan.com

Honestly, this thread is trash.
I agree with the thread, actually. I don't think it's "illegal" or even "immoral" to sell tickets to Duke fans. It's just not cool ... if you're an SU fan. There are certainly situations, like the one you mention, where an SU fan sells Duke tickets to someone (an SU fan) and he/she re-sells to Dukies. Not much can be done about that. Nor can you help it if you sell to an SU fan and his party includes a Dukie. I'm ok with that too. Not a big deal.

But pretending that anything is ok if you need the money isn't a good excuse for paying no attention where your tickets go ... when there are many obvious and easy ways to keep the Dome rocking with SU fans. If you don't see that .. not much more I can do to help you sort through it, Ham.

Last edited:
I agree with the thread, actually. I don't think it's "illegal" or even "immoral" to sell tickets to Duke fans. It's just not cool ... if you're an SU fan. There are certainly situations, like the one you mention, where an SU fan sells Duke tickets to someone (an SU fan) and he/she re-sells to Dukies. Not much can be done about that. Nor can you help it if you sell to an SU fan and his party includes a Dukie. I'm ok with that too. Not a big deal.

But pretending that anything is ok if you need the money isn't a good argument for paying no attention where your tickets go ... when there are many obvious and easy ways to keep the Dome rocking with SU fans. If you don't see that .. not much more I can do to help you sort through it, Ham.

Respect your thoughts, but you are the one who needs help sorting through it.

In a perfect world, not a single opposing fan enters the dome. After all, less opposing fans equals better home court, right? Guess what- it doesn't work like that. happens.

Someone had a reason to sell tickets. Right or wrong, large or small, it happened.

And again- please let me know when 35,000 people from the syracuse area start posting on syracusefan.com. It's just like with football attendance- people here think everyone in attendance should be/is as dedicated and involved as everyone here who takes time out of their day to discuss su athletics. Again, it's not reality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom