Just like last year | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Just like last year

How do we know the fans didn't get them from scalpers? I bought great tickets a few years ago for the Villanova game from a scalper. He got them from somewhere.

This whole argument is silly. Apparently, nobody that is upset has sat in great seats on opposing venues.

Respect your thoughts, but you are the one who needs help sorting through it.

In a perfect world, not a single opposing fan enters the dome. After all, less opposing fans equals better home court, right? Guess what- it doesn't work like that. . . . . happens.

Someone had a reason to sell tickets. Right or wrong, large or small, it happened.

And again- please let me know when 35,000 people from the syracuse area start posting on syracusefan.com. It's just like with football attendance- people here think everyone in attendance should be/is as dedicated and involved as everyone here who takes time out of their day to discuss su athletics. Again, it's not reality.
Valid point -- some people who have SU tickets are not real fans. So I can see them not caring -- but that's on them. Also, I'm not saying that ALL tickets sold to Dukies by SU STH's involve a disloyal sellout.

However, it's also pretty obvious that SU fans (I would think most STH's fall into this category) should try the obvious outlets first ... instead of peddling their tickets to Dukies and claiming that it was "ok" because they "needed the money".

Have a good rest of the weekend --- (SU LAX today against Cornell).

Valid point -- some people who have SU tickets are not real fans. It does happen, and even tickets sold to Dukies by true SU fans doesn't ALWAYS involve a disloyal sellout. On the other hand, I think conscientious SU fans should try the obvious outlets first ... instead of peddling their tickets to Dukies and claiming that it was "ok" because they "needed the money".

Have a good rest of the weekend --- (SU LAX today against Cornell).
Opinion respected.

Sounds like a big game. Doubt I'll have access to it out here in Ohio.

Stupid thread. Tickets are sold 2, 3, 4, 5+ times on the secondary markets. Scalpers have tickets that have exchanged hands several times. Duke fans have family in Onondaga County. Duke fans live in Onondaga County just like SU fans live in central NC.

Ticket brokers from all over the country buy these tickets online (StubHub, SeatGeek, etc.) months in advance, sit on them, then repost them the week before the game and sell to the highest bidder. And we're mad that the Dome was 2.5% blue.

Perfect expression of the (bs) free market apologist's credo. Try posting your tickets here instead of claiming that you're "desperate".
I never said the person is desperate to sell - and I don't think they should have to apologize for posting them somewhere that all fans ( including cuse fans) have access.

All home duke games from now on are to played at MSG and all Syracuse season ticket holders will have te right to sell them to whomever they please.

Problem.

Solved.

We do. We're SU fans, and we think it's bull. . . . to sell Dome tics to Duke fans and then try to justify it for money. You're on the wrong board.

Thank you for telling me about which board I am on, and telling someone what they can do with the tickets they paid for. As I said, its laughable, as is your post.

Funny I saw them and wasn't annoyed at how they got tickets - I was annoyed at them.

It was pretty obvious that none of them go / went to Duke or for that matter ever stepped foot in Durham.

Reminded me of Cowboy fans that are as Texas as Bees.

Thank you for telling me about which board I am on, and telling someone what they can do with the tickets they paid for. As I said, its laughable, as is your post.
If you want to support SU ... (as most of the people frequenting this forum do), then selling tickets to Duke fans is not a very smart idea: it diminishes the home court advantage and it's unnecessary, as it's easy to find other SU fans to sell your tickets to if you're not so hurting for cash that all you need is a score. That much should be obvious ... again if you support the MBB program. If not and you're going to break out the old "free market" excuse, that's fine, but don't bother pretending you support SU athletics.

If things are that tight, maybe you should be working a second job instead of posting here.

Last edited:
If you want to support SU ... (as most of the people frequenting this forum do), then selling tickets to Duke fans is not a very smart idea: it diminishes the home court advantage and it's unnecessary, as it's easy to find other SU fans to sell your tickets to if you're not so hurting for cash that all you need is a score. That much should be obvious ... again if you support the MBB program. If not and you're going to break out the old "free market" excuse, that's fine, but don't bother pretending you support SU athletics.

If things are that tight, maybe you should be working a second job instead of posting here.
Don't people have to donate big bucks to get those seats behind the bench?

Don't people have to donate big bucks to get those seats behind the bench?
I believe so, yes. And people are, of course, legally entitled to do as they please with their seats. Of those who, for whatever reason, decide to sell their seats, most will remain loyal to SU athletics. A few will not. For those few, I think it's pretty pathetic to deliberately sell tickets to rival fans to line your pockets -- without any effort to keep the tickets in the SU community -- and still call yourself an "SU fan". That was my point for our friend, Sean.

I believe so, yes. And people are, of course, legally entitled to do as they please with their seats. Of those who, for whatever reason, decide to sell their seats, most will remain loyal to SU athletics. A few will not. For those few, I think it's pretty pathetic to deliberately sell tickets to rival fans to line your pockets -- without any effort to keep the tickets in the SU community -- and still call yourself an "SU fan". That was my point for our friend, Sean.
I don't think they deliberately sold the tickets to Duke fans

What about Dr Gross for letting Meghan Kelley's Duke fan husband sit with him front row baseline? Does that lump him in with thsee 'fans' who should have shame brought down on them.

Also, you guys realize it's not just the SU fans selling the good seats for a marked up price, right?

SUAD is the biggest pimp on the hill...

Many companies purchase SU premium tickets for business purposes and what team they are a fan of, has little weight in who's using them. Nothing anyone can do and corporate financial support is important for SU. I can understand why people don't like to see opponents in premium seats but it can be a double edged sword.

What about Dr Gross for letting Meghan Kelley's Duke fan husband sit with him front row baseline? Does that lump him in with thsee 'fans' who should have shame brought down on them.

Also, you guys realize it's not just the SU fans selling the good seats for a marked up price, right?

SUAD is the biggest pimp on the hill...

I bought mine from the SUAD at face, that's a big accusation to make.

I bought mine from the SUAD at face, that's a big accusation to make.

As did I. Not everything that hits the secondary market comes from people who bought tix.

Big events = big $$. Be it SU-Duke, NCAA Tourney games, or a Taylor Swift concert...venues do anything and everything to maximize revenue and the distribution of tickets is not always fair and equitable.

I have no direct knowledge of how anything went down for the Duke games the past two years, but based on past experiences I would hesitate to just dump on fans for selling their tickets as the single reason why we had Duke fans sitting down close.

As did I. Not everything that hits the secondary market comes from people who bought tix.

Big events = big $$. Be it SU-Duke, NCAA Tourney games, or a Taylor Swift concert...venues do anything and everything to maximize revenue and the distribution of tickets is not always fair and equitable.

I have no direct knowledge of how anything went down for the Duke games the past two years, but based on past experiences I would hesitate to just dump on fans for selling their tickets as the single reason why we had Duke fans sitting down close.

We have no evidence that I can see that the SUAD sold tickets on Stubhub.

Duke like everyone else gets an allocation for the seats behind their bench. For people scalping that's probably a better area for them to sell and purchase.

I think some people are her surprised because they aren't used to seeing visiting fans in any sort of numbers - since our past rivals like UConn and GTown don't have much of a fanbase.

All home duke games from now on are to played at MSG and all Syracuse season ticket holders will have te right to sell them to whomever they please.

Problem.

Solved.
Overreact much? Jesus christ.

Bayside44 said:
Funny I saw them and wasn't annoyed at how they got tickets - I was annoyed at them.

It was pretty obvious that none of them go / went to Duke or for that matter ever stepped foot in Durham.

Reminded me of Cowboy fans that are as Texas as Bees.

Saw so many clearly upstate locals in Duke gear that I doubt know Duke is in north Carolina much less have ever been on their campus. I get the bandwagon in the early 90's, but I'm shocked those people aren't Kentucky fans.

Home court haha 35,000 to the 500 or so and that's a stretch, get real man. Its cute you have these opinions on what people should and should not do. Give us more insight, please, please

Many companies purchase SU premium tickets for business purposes and what team they are a fan of, has little weight in who's using them. Nothing anyone can do and corporate financial support is important for SU. I can understand why people don't like to see opponents in premium seats but it can be a double edged sword.
This is clearly not the situation that's of concern here ... in the corporate boxes, which do provide financial support to SU Athletics.

Home court haha 35,000 to the 500 or so and that's a stretch, get real man. Its cute you have these opinions on what people should and should not do. Give us more insight, please, please
Whatever. But hey, if you need a winter jacket or a ST loan .. feel free to post. I'm sure one of the many legit. SU fans on this board will give you some assistance.

Whatever. If you need an a winter jacket or a loan .. feel free to post. I'm sure one of the many legit. SU fans on this board will give you some assistance.

So your cheap ass can't do the loan, you have to have others do it? You like speaking for others a lot, on what others should do and shouldn't do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom