Justin Taylor transferring to JMU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Justin Taylor transferring to JMU

Hearing how upset he was about getting booed by our own fans really upset me. Felt terrible for him. He loved Syracuse. Worst thing our fans have done in recent memory IMO. Hope he lands well.
Were they booing a bad play or him?

You can't really judge this kind of thing watching on TV any context from people at the game? A few groans after a brain fart is to be expected and shouldn't be taken personally. If the NC State game was at home everyone would have been booed for that second half.

I'm fine w/ booing the team when they're playing very poorly, but booing an individual player who's trying his best is inexcusable. People suck.

Best of luck JT. Your effort on the boards and defense didn't go unnoticed.
How do we decide if a player is trying their best?

You can't really judge this kind of thing watching on TV any context from people at the game? A few groans after a brain fart is to be expected and shouldn't be taken personally. If the NC State game was at home everyone would have been booed for that second half.
The booed him because he criticized them for booing a former player on a conference rival.

I have no issue with what the students did in either instance.

They booed him during introductions before the game.

IMG_1488.jpeg

Struggled big time with his shooting this year but I wish he was staying. He played as hard anyone on the team guarding players usually bigger and stronger than him. He also seemed to love SU and be a nice guy. He got way too much abuse on this board. I wish him the best wherever he goes.
Just hate this new paradigm of college basketball, would’ve loved to of seen this kid grow into a better player in his junior and senior years. That’s all history now.

Lots of kids have transferred out while having a gf at cuse still. Quincy Gurrier, Frank Anselem, Jesse Edwards, Joe Girard in recent memory
Joe's went to Clemson with him.

You can

Just elsewhere
Yeah……no won’t do it. Hardly have the time these days to follow our own team!

As Tom opined elsewhere this will be the death nell of the sport. Can’t believe I’m unique in this, but after years of season tickets, I dropped them, not planning to get them again anytime soon, will still watch when I can, but not as religiously and with much less intense interest.

There is no question that his struggles got in his head. I would gladly wager that he had more air balls this year than in his entire high school career and freshman year combined. By the middle of the season, he no longer resembled the kid who went off last year against Bryant and Boston College.

But to be fair, he had some things going against him. He never played the two here which is his natural position. He was forced to be a rebounder, which was never something he specialized in in high school. And for some reason, Judah would not give him the ball when he was open. To me, it was glaring. I have no idea why that was the case. As a result, he really did not get a lot of good looks. He took so many difficult two-point shots. For some reason he didn’t go to the basket as he had in High school.

But nobody will ever say he didn’t give it everything he had. The fact that those kids booed him in our building shows how dumb they were. Along with JJ, nobody spent more time taking extra shots with Gerry after practices, and even after games sometimes. Hoping he gets his confidence back and excels at his next stop because he deserves it.

But to be fair, he had some things going against him. He never played the two here which is his natural position. He was forced to be a rebounder, which was never something he specialized in in high school. And for some reason, Judah would not give him the ball when he was open. To me, it was glaring. I have no idea why that was the case.
I mean if we are going to do this game….

Maybe his teammates didn’t want to pass to a kid who literally was struggling to hit the rim yet starting.

Just sayin. I know he tried hard and all of that but let’s be serious

Maybe his teammates didn’t want to pass to a kid who literally was struggling to hit the rim yet starting.

Before his struggles.

Yeah, always felt like a chicken and the egg situation. Did Judah not pass because he was going to miss, or was JT tense because Judah wouldn’t pass until he was no longer open?

Still, that form is astounding to me. How does that happen?

There is no question that his struggles got in his head. I would gladly wager that he had more air balls this year than in his entire high school career and freshman year combined. By the middle of the season, he no longer resembled the kid who went off last year against Bryant and Boston College.

But to be fair, he had some things going against him. He never played the two here which is his natural position. He was forced to be a rebounder, which was never something he specialized in in high school. And for some reason, Judah would not give him the ball when he was open. To me, it was glaring. I have no idea why that was the case. As a result, he really did not get a lot of good looks. He took so many difficult two-point shots. For some reason he didn’t go to the basket as he had in High school.

But nobody will ever say he didn’t give it everything he had. The fact that those kids booed him in our building shows how dumb they were. Along with JJ, nobody spent more time taking extra shots with Gerry after practices, and even after games sometimes. Hoping he gets his confidence back and excels at his next stop because he deserves it.
This. I also don't know what happened, but as you suggest, I’m pretty sure his decline is not all on him.

His pre-game shots at GA Tech were very good.
Either his in-game confidence or the team's offensive layout/scheme didn't work out for him.

He clearly kept fighting for the team until the end. He never quit.

Hopefully, things will work out better for him at his next school/team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom