Juwan Howard | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Juwan Howard

It doesn’t warrant what Howard did but you also don’t do what Gard did. I don’t think he deserves a suspension but he was wrong.

At least you agree he shouldn’t be suspended. But based on that video above of 3 other end of game handshakes, it sure looks like they have a very good relationship. Makes me further convinced Gard thought he could explain/talk to Howard with no ill intent.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that but you never put hands on anyone in that situation either. It was presumptuous on his part. Does not matter at all that he thought it was nothing big. Gard was situationally ignorant there. You either shake the person's hand and say good game and move on or you say nothing. Read the room.
Gard knew the intensity of the enviorment. They both were heated with each other. He knew what he was doing when he stopped Juwan.

Well if Gard did say something earlier.. as I noted.. that adds a bit more to this than just Howard pressing.
Gonna need more than “something.” Might as well blame the entire Wisconsin team for building up a double-digit lead.

I'm surprised you made it this far without referencing Gard's lack of a mask.

I’ve been so focused on former Michigan players and stupid pins I didn’t even realize…

Gonna need more than “something.” Might as well blame the entire Wisconsin team for building up a double-digit lead.

Huh? My point was if Gard did trigger something by hollering at him earlier in the game- then all the rest that happened he simply should have known better. It doesn't change anything regarding Howard just saying Gard sounds to me like he shouldn't just get a free pass in all this.

Wow.. so many questions ✌.. why is a 45 year old in high school ?

Is repeatedly flushing a urinal while a guys foot is in it supposed to hurt?
It was to soak his pants.

Huh? My point was if Gard did trigger something by hollering at him earlier in the game- then all the rest that happened he simply should have known better. It doesn't change anything regarding Howard just saying Gard sounds to me like he shouldn't just get a free pass in all this.
Coaches holler at each other all the time.

At least you agree he shouldn’t be suspended. But based on that video above of 3 other end of game handshakes, it sure looks like they have a very good relationship. Makes me further convinced Gard thought he could explain/talk to Howard with no ill intent.
Ive coached in heated games with lots of back stories in them. Ive had coaches and players say and do things that were vindictive. Ive shown restraint and its made act out of character at times. but listen I will have a serious problem with a opposing coach putting his hands on me and demanding I listen to him. He doesnt have the right to force me to talk about it then and there. We can have a discussion afterwards. Cooler heads prevail.

Gard was wrong and Howard reacted unprofessionally. He went back to his survival tactics he used as a kid in his neigborhood. He has to show restraint not treat a disagreement with a coach like a street fight. He's on a national stage. We also can't say we know Gards intentions. We dont know their relationship and we shouldnt try to guess based on small clips. He might of wanted to make Juwan react in a way to hurt his image.

Coaches holler at each other all the time.

Talk to each other? Yes. Holler at? No. Need to see the tape on that one. Seen a lot of games, not far from the court and remember a single handful of times of a coach hollering something at the opposing coach.

Yeah. And I recommend it if you like ‘80s teen comedies.
Ok .. I thought it was actually supposed to be serious .. which is why I found the toilet flushing quite underwhelming

Absolutely, both guys should understand their roles in this and they should BOTH apologize. Gard should not have stopped Howard and Howard shouldn’t have reacted like that. They are the leaders of young men, and both failed.
Both sides-ing this is wrong. Their behavior and actions were not equivalent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom