Juwan Howard | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Juwan Howard

Talk to each other? Yes. Holler at? No. Need to see the tape on that one. Seen a lot of games, not far from the court and remember a single handful of times of a coach hollering something at the opposing coach.
Of course, this is all third-hand information without anything specific.

Frankly, Howard would have mentioned it by now.

Both sides-ing this is wrong. Their behavior and actions were not equivalent.
I'm not arguing that it is equal, but both can be wrong, no?

Howard was flat out wrong. Gard was flat out wrong. Why are people trying to justify either side?

Of course, this is all third-hand information without anything specific.

Frankly, Howard would have mentioned it by now.

Note to self- don't share. Got it.

I'll see myself out in this invigorating thread.

Howard deserves the hammer.

He is the one who wouldn’t let the game end and then said I won’t forget this to Gard.
Gard has to get punished so Howard can get more.

THE OVER/UNDER was 138.5!!!!

at this point in the game the total points were 137!!!

anyone with eyes who has ever bet on college basketball knows that the coaches know what the spreads and relevant totals are based on how they coach.

I truly beleive that betting numbers are influencing these late game situations in some fashion or other and that was likely behind the flared tempers and very unusual strategies vis a vis game state...convince me I am wrong...to me this is smoking gun evidence right here

Screenshot 2022-02-21 101147.png

Last edited:
That's insane. Gard did nothing that warranted a two game suspension.
Grabbing his arm like he was a child didn’t help. Watch the video closely. Howard tried to walk past him. It’s very apparent

Twitter, etal., have proved that the old axiom "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" no longer applies (if it ever did).
It really is an insult to the greatest generation and the generation that came after it. Heck I even remember my parents telling me that axiom and I just entered my 40s. Things were generally tolerable, honestly, until social media took over.

Howard said something like “I won’t forget this and was very angry”. Gard just reached out to get his attention an explain. Howard didn’t want to hear anything gard had to say. He was looking for something to set him off. I have been in that spot that gard was in before. My wife hates it, but I like to talk issues and explain things in detail. He was just trying to calm everything down. I personally don’t think Gard should get anything. Totally inexcusable actions by Howard and then he tried to condone it because Gard put his “hands” on him. Please, that’s not how leaders of young men should handle themselves. You have to prove your toughness because you lost by 16 pressing walk ins with 15 seconds left? Laughable.

interesting question for JB...does he call a timeout there regardless of the pressure D. My guess is not. He seems to rightfully check out once the subs come in and the game is over

Gard knew the intensity of the enviorment. They both were heated with each other. He knew what he was doing when he stopped Juwan.
Normally I agree with you, but a coach is supposed to be a leader. Under no circumstances is what Howard did acceptable. How can he possibly tell his players not to get upset, if referees let a game get out of hand.
And watching many college games, both men and women, there are a lot of incompetent referees out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom