Juwan Howard | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Juwan Howard

THE OVER/UNDER was 138.5!!!!

at this point in the game the total points were 137!!!

anyone with eyes who has ever bet on college basketball knows that the coaches know what the spreads and relevant totals are based on how they coach.

I truly beleive that betting numbers are influencing these late game situations in some fashion or other and that was likely behind the flared tempers and very unusual strategies vis a vis game state...convince me I am wrong...to me this is smoking gun evidence right here
Think Which One GIF

You can't make physical contact with someone in those circumstances and not expect a response. Gard did this on purpose and got exactly the reaction he wanted. HIs thinking clearly was 'if I grab this loon by the arm whom I can't stand hes going to go beserk and get suspended.'

Now I just hope it Gard did say something that he really made it ridiculous, like he told Juwan Howard he was going to put his @sz on a poster or something.

1645471384948.jpeg

This is horrifying. I’ve changed my mind. Fire Gard. Lock him up and throw away the key. Promote Howard to Big Ten commissioner. He wasn’t just defending himself, he was defending the game of basketball.

View attachment 214439
This is horrifying. I’ve changed my mind. Fire Gard. Lock him up and throw away the key. Promote Howard to Big Ten commissioner. He wasn’t just defending himself, he was defending the game of basketball.
That looks like how an elderly person touches the person they're talking to so they come in closer to each other and can hear each other better.

SUSPEND HIM

I appreciate your response. Just watching the video (too) many times and seeing the interactions they've had at previous end of games, I respectfully disagree and highly doubt that was his intent.
That was just a thought. We dont know what his intentions are. We can guess but we dont know these people. There's years of interactions that we dont see. Based on my experience, I dont believe Howard was just upset about the timeout. It makes no sense to be that mad about that. There are things we dont know but they will never be discussed publicly.

Last edited:
Good list, the only issue I have is that Izzo and Manning are swapped on my list, which of course gets updated weekly. I might move Howard to #1 in next week's addition.
I got to know Fran and his family quite well when he coached at Siena, definitely a guy with a temper. His wife may have an even shorter fuse, but when not in the heat of battle they are both very nice people.

If Howard doesn’t want Gard to call a timeout then he shouldn’t press down 15 in the last 30 seconds. Gard likely called the timeout because Howard was pressing and that ticked HIM off. They are both pretty douchy but Howard deserves whatever he gets. Gard should have just stayed away from him in the handshake line but it doesn’t warrant JH slapping an assistant in the head and causing a riot. And he is a repeat offender after threatening to kill Turgeon last year

If Howard doesn’t want Gard to call a timeout then he shouldn’t press down 15 in the last 30 seconds. Gard likely called the timeout because Howard was pressing and that ticked HIM off. They are both pretty douchy but Howard deserves whatever he gets. Gard should have just stayed away from him in the handshake line but it doesn’t warrant JH slapping an assistant in the head and causing a riot. And he is a repeat offender after threatening to kill Turgeon last year
Yeah just my opinion but this is 2nd go around with JH. Seems like he is just a poor loser and has some anger issues. Gard just seems like a d!#%. There was nothing about what JH did that makes him look tough or badass though. If you can't control your anger and think physically responding to any slight or even something larger on the field of sport is the right answer you probably should not be a leader of young men or women. Doesn't matter who you are or the sport.

I disagree with Fran to forget the handshakes altogether. But I'm ok with what he did here if he see things start to go sideways. Better than the alternative.

you said battery. That has a legal definition which what he did doesn’t really fit. It was more assault than anything else if you wanna be technical. Perhaps it’s your writing that’s the issue and not those comprehending.
Battery is physical. Assault is verbal.

It really is an insult to the greatest generation and the generation that came after it. Heck I even remember my parents telling me that axiom and I just entered my 40s. Things were generally tolerable, honestly, until social media took over.
In the old days they’d call you a bad word .. even maybe a racist word . And you’d get in a physical fight and they’d stop calling you that .. social media is the last bastion of the gutless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom