Juwan Howard | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Juwan Howard

I’m not sure Lebron has played on a team as stacked as the Bulls.
idk...the bulls did shrewd drafting with scottie pippen etc...toni kukoc...far as I know the bulls and MJ never just picked up another franchise player(s) from another team simply by talking amongst themselves and all deciding to play together a la dwayne wade, bosh and lebron. and anthony davis and westbrook etc... to me, thats totally different in terms of how the team was built.

it was a lot harder to build a winner back in MJ's era...you didnt have players driving the team-bulding process like you do now.

MJ stuck around through a lot of dissapointment as his team was built ...it took years of losing to become "the Bulls"...with smart pickups and trades by krause...to me, it shows a lot more character...even if eventually it seemed like the bulls were this super team full of stars...it really wasnt that ...MJ elevated his teammates, imo. they didnt do much without him when he went on hiatus.

idk...the bulls did shrewd drafting with scottie pippen etc...toni kukoc...far as I know the bulls and MJ never just picked up another franchise player(s) from another team simply by talking amongst themselves and all deciding to play together a la dwayne wade, bosh and lebron. and anthony davis and westbrook etc... to me, thats totally different in terms of how the team was built.

it was a lot harder to build a winner back in MJ's era...you didnt have players driving the team-bulding process like you do now.

MJ stuck around through a lot of dissapointment as his team was built ...it took years of losing to become "the Bulls"...with smart pickups and trades by krause...to me, it shows a lot more character...even if eventually it seemed like the bulls were this super team full of stars...it really wasnt that ...MJ elevated his teammates, imo. they didnt do much without him when he went on hiatus.
“A lot more character” so character is now being used as a measuring stick for goat status, ok. Michael Jordan once told a homeless man that if he could ask for spare change he could ask for a job. Lebron James opened a school for underprivileged kids in his hometown. “Michael Jordan elevated his teammates” Nobody and I mean nobody has ever elevated teams and teammates like Lebron James. He dragged Larry Hughes and Big Z to the finals as a 23 year old kid.

And LeBron never had to face the type of defense that Jordan was subjected to. The rules have changed dramatically to benefit offensive play.

Given how Jordan produced offensively, what more would he be able to do with the rules accommodating unrestricted movement the way they are now?

The illegal defense rule being around when MJ played helped him way more than the hand checking hurt him. He got every call anyway. That illegal defense rule benefited super star players more than anything now.

He, himself, said so during the 2001 all star weekend. He said his career wouldn't have been the same if they had changed the illegal defense rule. A lot of the stars felt that way.

Luka just had to deal with 3-2 zone, box and one, various versions of M2M with blitzs, shows, drops, etc, all in the same game. MJ never had to deal with that.

And, MJ was never dealing with the rosters that can switch like they can now and, honestly, the versatility of wing defenders now.

Just my 0.02.

LeBron’s FT shooting has always been a sticking point for me.

Yeah people forget for the first third of MJ's career he had to get by Detroit, Boston and LAL. Those teams were loaded and were some of the best teams in NBA history.

LeBron’s FT shooting has always been a sticking point for me.
Let me tell ya about Wilts and Shaqs, I’m half kidding. Yeah he should be better there but he literally does everything else at an elite level.

Oh come on man…..
I think we've gotten away from the original point. MJ played with a lot of average players that would never have sniffed a championship if they weren't able to get on his back. This notion that the Bulls were loaded with studs is nonsense. Guys like BJ Armstrong and John Paxson were able to shine at crucial moments because of the double teams on Jordan. To their credit they came through but then again to Jordan's credit he found the open man.

I think we've gotten away from the original point. MJ played with a lot of average players that would never have sniffed a championship if they weren't able to get on his back. This notion that the Bulls were loaded with studs is nonsense. Guys like BJ Armstrong and John Paxson were able to shine at crucial moments because of the double teams on Jordan. To their credit they came through but then again to Jordan's credit he found the open man.
If MJ played with a lot of average players then the same can be said about Lebron, literally every team.

How did you feel when Jordan did?
Didn't feel much of anything. He only averaged 1.6 threes per game while LBJ has taken 4.5. Their career three point shooting percentages in the NBA playoffs were essentially identical. In the 33% area, which is why I said LBJ was doing the opponent a favor.

LBJ has taken more than double the amount of threes that Larry Bird attempted. Nobody in their right mind would say that LBJ was a better three point shooter shooter than Larry Bird. Just a much different game today.

If MJ played with a lot of average players then the same can be said about Lebron, literally every team.
I was responding to the comments about the "loaded" Bulls teams.

Coal is not renewable, but Juwan Howard’s contract is.
Nah but it's selling for about $400 a ton today - about 3x what it was selling for 18 months ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom