Juwan Howard | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Juwan Howard

This is nothing but bigger picture prediction - Howard's career comes to an abrupt halt one day due to his fuse.

The fact that his players feel the need to restrain him tells a lot IMO.
Yeah it shows they care about him and don’t want him to get in trouble.
To me it shows he is one heck of a competitor that isn’t perfect.No different than our own Jim Boeheim.

I get that but that video shows nothing. When I saw the thread bumped again I was expecting to see a clip with him knocking someone out or something.
Agreed.

Odd but In both of Howard’s situations, he claims someone touched him which appears to flip him out. That’s actually a condition called haphephobia. Wonder what the assistants were doing during it for the players to take over the situation?
you just need involvement Charlie Brown :)

The video clearly shows him yelling at his players "don't ffff’n touch me'. Who does that. So ridiculous, what a great example he’s setting. He’s a loser.

Last edited:
The video clearly shows him yelling at his players "don't ffff’n touch me'. Who does that. So ridiculous, what a great example he’s setting. He’s a loser.
Particularly in light of what has happened in the past. Dude just can't control himself.

Yeah it shows they care about him and don’t want him to get in trouble.
To me it shows he is one heck of a competitor that isn’t perfect.No different than our own Jim Boeheim.
Well at least Howard doesn't selectively call out his players in postgame pressers - at least not that I am aware of.

Well at least Howard doesn't selectively call out his players in postgame pressers - at least not that I am aware of.
Yeah that’s probably not something Howard does, but while not a fan of Boeheim’s doing that I understand he has his reasons.

Odd but In both of Howard’s situations, he claims someone touched him which appears to flip him out. That’s actually a condition called haphephobia. Wonder what the assistants were doing during it for the players to take over the situation?

This is nothing but bigger picture prediction - Howard's career comes to an abrupt halt one day due to his fuse.
I suppose the days of Bobby Knight have been forgotten. Is he as bad?

I suppose the days of Bobby Knight have been forgotten. Is he as bad?
Nope but he doesn't have 3 Natty's either, and sadly that made a difference, and obviously life has evolved in the last few decades.

Nope but he doesn't have 3 Natty's either, and sadly that made a difference, and obviously life has evolved in the last few decades.
No doubt. Knight became intolerable when he stopped fielding highly ranked squads.

Yeah that’s probably not something Howard does, but while not a fan of Boeheim’s doing that I understand he has his reasons.
It's never been a good look to me. Especially when he has given certain players a free pass. jmo

Your post reminded me of the Bobby Bonilla contract. Every one likes to kill the Mets for that contract but unless Bonilla had some sort of inflation escalator in that deal he's getting paid with dollars that are worth much less today than they were years ago. Of course the former Mets ownership lost a ton of money investing with Madoff but that's another story altogether.
Bobby Bo’s contract demonstrates the power of compound interest. He was owed 5.9 million. Deferred the payment ten years while it earned 8%annually until 25 payments of 1.19 million were made for roughly 30 million total at the end of the payout. Essentially a 25 year annuity at 8%. Good luck finding that deal nowadays

I’d rather have a coach who does this than than one who trashes me by name in pressors
Really? You think violence is better than calling someone out? You really think that way? I don't like Jb doing that either but in no way is that worse than a coach having to be held back on more than one occasion.

The fans do a much better job calling them out on social media, websites like this , at games etc. :rolleyes:

Juwan wasn’t trying to fight his players, lol.

The dude was being restrained by his players. Restrained.

I see a video of a jackazz screaming at his players to get their hands off him and if they don’t what, he’s gonna punch them?

We left the TVL my first year of varsity hoops so I never got to play against him but my mother the other day was talking about Mike Durr at Utica Notre Dame mf’ing players like she has never seen in high school hoops. Kind of surprised she didn’t try to ship me over there. Lol

Not sure how relevant this is but the thread made me think of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom