Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think that’s something he can really improve. Dude has had a ball in his hand for years and it doesn’t get better. The shots and drives he can control.

Agreed.

Michael Edwards is a guy I felt bad for.

Girard? Nah. Now people tweeting at him is despicable, that I'll concede. But beyond that I sure don't feel bad for him. There's a selfishness to his game that drives me crazy, and that's in his control. I've said it before, but his one-on-one against Cole Anthony last year was worse than anything I've seen since Deshaun Williams. That kind of play can't help but bring out the critics.

Maybe he was called by Bailey and asked for a comment. Ergo, that isn't what was said. Pretty simple .
If the allegedly inaccurate report didn't matter, because it was just a Tweet on the Internet, Boeheim would have said "no comment" or ignored the call/text from Bailey. He didn't, he refuted it. He did so because he's probably feeling all kinds of heat on this one. Because those words on the Internet matter.

Now, I was mostly trying to be funny about the words on the Internet comment. JB being wrong about words on the Internet is neither here nor there at the moment. Him feeling enough heat to break character to comment IS here and there at the moment.

Right, Buddy, ALL WORLD DEFENDER.

DBPM: Kadary 4.6, Buddy 0.5
Please find me where I said Buddy was an all world defender. I didn't. I said he got better. you are frustrated that we lost a good player. I get that. but we will have a team next year. why don't you wait until you see what kind of team before you hit the panic button. Last year, our recruiting was a disaster according to almost everyone on this board. Frank and Kadary?????? Are you serious? Why can't we recruit like we used to? Now, losing them is the end of the world.

If the allegedly inaccurate report didn't matter, because it was just a Tweet on the Internet, Boeheim would have said "no comment" or ignored the call/text from Bailey. He didn't, he refuted it. He did so because he's probably feeling all kinds of heat on this one. Because those words on the Internet matter.

Now, I was mostly trying to be funny about the words on the Internet comment. JB being wrong about words on the Internet is neither here nor there at the moment. Him feeling enough heat to break character to comment IS here and there at the moment.
He does that all the time. if he sees something about himself that he thinks puts him in a bad light, he responds. He will call local reporters. He is thin skinned. On this one, I don't blame him. If that wasn't true, i would want to respond right away.

Please find me where I said Buddy was an all world defender. I didn't. I said he got better. you are frustrated that we lost a good player. I get that. but we will have a team next year. why don't you wait until you see what kind of team before you hit the panic button. Last year, our recruiting was a disaster according to almost everyone on this board. Frank and Kadary?????? Are you serious? Why can't we recruit like we used to? Now, losing them is the end of the world.

Because it's insulting.

Kadary sat behind someone who was worse than him and gave us, clearly, less of a chance to win.

And JB lied, continuously, to the press about things to try to make it seem ok.

Buddy and Joe our best defensive pairing at guard? Give me a break.

Do you think there is a reason why everyone is vocal about this one, including ex players?

This is terrible NOW as it pertains to Kadary and our team and it's a gold mine for coaches to recruit against us.

Again, I ask, what percentage of coaches would take Kadary vs Joe. Please, just tell me. Please. Someone answer.

Fourth thread. No one defending JB will answer. No one.

Because it's insulting.

Kadary sat behind someone who was worse than him and gave us, clearly, less of a chance to win.

And JB lied, continuously, to the press about things to try to make it seem ok.

Buddy and Joe our best defensive pairing at guard? Give me a break.

Do you think there is a reason why everyone is vocal about this one, including ex players?

This is terrible NOW as it pertains to Kadary and our team and it's a gold mine for coaches to recruit against us.

Again, I ask, what percentage of coaches would take Kadary vs Joe. Please, just tell me. Please. Someone answer.

Fourth thread. No one defending JB will answer. No one.
This is thing that bothers me.
JB lies to justify what he thinks is right no matter if it is right.

How he can say the best guard will start when nobody in their sane mind would say Joe is better than Kadary now. He should have started Kadary the latter half of this season if he starts who is the better.
He spins stats like we are morons who can’t figure stuff out.

Joe Girard was an underclassmen starting. He never was recruited to be a 4 year starter. He isn’t GMac and he will never be GMac.

Girard jumped Carey the year before. Joe’s confidence wasn’t worth losing Kadary.
If the best player would start it would have already happened.

Dion Waiters was kept in line by Scoop.
There were stories how Dion had friction with Triche and Jardine kept everything okay.

Kadary leaving is a joke and JB let it happen.

They got better as the season went on and with a 7 footer playing behind them, they will look even better.
Yet Joe's defense was still less than average. We will never be a good defensive team with Buddy and Joe at the top of the zone full time. Period. Their inability to stop guards from driving will get Jesse to foul out just as quickly as Sid fouled out last year.

We don't recruit worth a damn anymore. Boeheim drove away the one good recruit we had. We have one top 100 recruit on the roster for next year hopefully he shows up lol.

We don't recruit worth a damn anymore. Boeheim drove away the one good recruit we had. We have one top 100 recruit on the roster for next year hopefully he shows up lol.
We don't recruit worth a damn. Then we didn't lose anyone of any value. Whew. I was worried we did.

Agreed.

Michael Edwards is a guy I felt bad for.

Girard? Nah. Now people tweeting at him is despicable, that I'll concede. But beyond that I sure don't feel bad for him. There's a selfishness to his game that drives me crazy, and that's in his control. I've said it before, but his one-on-one against Cole Anthony last year was worse than anything I've seen since Deshaun Williams. That kind of play can't help but bring out the critics.
Michael Edwards took a hammer and basked in windows on Marshall st. And that is someone to feel sorry for? When Joe G does something like that, get back to me.

We don't recruit worth a damn. Then we didn't lose anyone of any value. Whew. I was worried we did.
Did you miss where I said we lost the one good recruit we had. Yay 40 mins of Girard at PG next year.

Did you miss where I said we lost the one good recruit we had. Yay 40 mins of Girard at PG next year.
But he wasn't good when we got him. He was just another lousy recruit. Now, of course, he is headed to the Hall of fame. But last year, our ass'ts can't recruit.

Kadary is a lock to be an NBA starter - Girard is garbage as a college basketball player - seems like a great kid but he sucks if we want to be a top 10 team
Top ten team in the Acc?

But he wasn't good when we got him. He was just another lousy recruit. Now, of course, he is headed to the Hall of fame. But last year, our ass'ts can't recruit.
Who said that?

It's demonstrably false that "the best player starts" when it comes to JB's teams.

Now, it is true that the best players almost always get the most minutes. In fact, one can argue that, at times, those players get a few too many minutes, and it harms the development of the bench over the course of a season.

But I've seen too many starters-in-name-only in my time following SU hoops to believe the "best player starts" trope. I mean, just this month we saw "starter" Alan Griffin log minutes of 12, 15, 11 and 13 in the last four games of this season. Clearly JB thought Braswell was the better player, and he logged 27, 25, 29 and 15 minutes over the same 4 games.

Point is, I'm sure there are a lot of factors that went into Kadary's decision. Some we may lay at JB's feet, others not. But we do know that in the last six games of this season Kadary's minutes were 18, 10, 17, 16, 14, 23; while Girard's were 23, 33, 24, 29, 29, 24. So Kadary certainly knew who JB thought was better.

It's demonstrably false that "the best player starts" when it comes to JB's teams.

Now, it is true that the best players almost always get the most minutes. In fact, one can argue that, at times, those players get a few too many minutes, and it harms the development of the bench over the course of a season.

But I've seen too many starters-in-name-only in my time following SU hoops to believe the "best player starts" trope. I mean, just this month we saw "starter" Alan Griffin log minutes of 12, 15, 11 and 13 in the last four games of this season. Clearly JB thought Braswell was the better player, and he logged 27, 25, 29 and 15 minutes over the same 4 games.

Point is, I'm sure there are a lot of factors that went into Kadary's decision. Some we may lay at JB's feet, others not. But we do know that in the last six games of this season Kadary's minutes were 18, 10, 17, 16, 14, 23; while Girard's were 23, 33, 24, 29, 29, 24. So Kadary certainly knew who JB thought was better.

one disagreement,
JB knew Kadary was better because that’s who he would play with the game on the line.

he wanted Joe to be better. We can all only guess why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors