Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this news brought out the big gun to posting.
Like this.

ClumsyIdleCrane-max-1mb.gif

Ive been biding my time, reading terrible take after terrible take going back to before selection sunday, waiting for the right time to emerge.

This outcome was not a surprise. The Sweet 16 run, like other post-season runs before it, was only a band-aid. Although its true this is happening everywhere in cbb, the reasons WHY it happened are what make it more disturbing.
For context, years ago Jason Hart was homesick and wanted to go back to Cali. JB refused to release him, he stayed, and became one of the best PG's in program history. I have to believe that w/out this year's transfer rules, KR likely stays instead of sitting out a year somewhere else. But I really don't blame him for leaving.
I've loved JB as a HC and honestly, we'll more than likely come out of all this in good shape. No one is indispensable in SU basketball. But some of JB's decisions re; personnel were..."out of character" this past year. He had an absolute stud on the bench at PG, a promising talent at the 5 in Jesse, a multi-faceted player in Woody, and yet INSISTED on playing the predetermined line-up he wanted, no matter what. Only after seemingly being dragged kicking and screaming to change things up, did he show any kind of flexibility.
This is not about JG3, so the obligatory shots taken against him are unwarranted and unfair. This is on the head of the program, and as we all know; "A fish rots from the head first". We'll be ok, but this will always be a dark mark on JB's legacy at SU. JMHO

You don't think Buddy is good? I think he will be an all acc player. And if you haven't noticed, his defense got a lot better to.
Buddy is awesome. I didn't think I needed to say that. Its him and Joe together up top thats not good. We won't be good defensively with those two on the court together. This wasn't necessarily about Buddy...its not even just about Joe.

JB can't be wrong. He won't allow it. Jesus, if you're going with the best player will start, then he believes Girard was better this season. And if you're going with that line then he needs to follow that with some effusive praise. Yeah, that ain't gonna happen. Can't be wrong. HOFer but the thinnest skin in hoops.
Exactly. At the very least he could have gone with, "The best player will start, and the only reason you didn't start this year was ______ (zone related, I assume). Work on that, come back, and you should have no problem winning the starting job. Plus we may even go with a three-guard look sometimes to get more minutes to you, Buddy, and Joe together."

Buddy is awesome. I didn't think I needed to say that. Its him and Joe together up top thats not good. We won't be good defensively with those two on the court together. This wasn't necessarily about Buddy...its not even just about Joe.
They got better as the season went on and with a 7 footer playing behind them, they will look even better.

You don't think Buddy is good? I think he will be an all acc player. And if you haven't noticed, his defense got a lot better to.

You mean his D got better when Kadary started playing more minutes.

Buddy might be an All ACC player, but let's pump the breaks before we go making him a superstar.

EDIT: and Jessie

Exactly. At the very least he could have gone with, "The best player will start, and the only reason you didn't start this year was ______ (zone related, I assume). Work on that, come back, and you should have no problem winning the starting job. Plus we may even go with a three-guard look sometimes to get more minutes to you, Buddy, and Joe together."
I honestly think he must have said something like that because nothing else would have made sense. And I think that wasn't good enough. I'm not sure anything would have been good enough. He decided he wanted to leave.

I see this news brought out the big gun to posting.
Like this.

ClumsyIdleCrane-max-1mb.gif
Big guns?

Even the most extreme lefty wouldn’t ban this peashooter.

:cool:

They got better as the season went on and with a 7 footer playing behind them, they will look even better.
They did...Im just not convinced it will be good enough and you know all of the arguments already so its pointless to keep beating this drum to death...it is what it is at this point.

You mean his D got better when Kadary started playing more minutes.

Buddy might be an All ACC player, but let's pump the breaks before we go making him a superstar.

EDIT: and Jessie
the only reason that Buddy made all of those shots was because of Kadary. Even if Kadary wasn't in the game, just knowing he was somewhere around, inspired Buddy. Pump the brakes on Buddy but losing Kadary is the end of the world. Got it. Take your own advice, pump the brakes on Kadary.

the only reason that Buddy made all of those shots was because of Kadary. Even if Kadary wasn't in the game, just knowing he was somewhere around, inspired Buddy. Pump the brakes on Buddy but losing Kadary is the end of the world. Got it. Take your own advice, pump the brakes on Kadary.

Right, Buddy, ALL WORLD DEFENDER.

DBPM: Kadary 4.6, Buddy 0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online