Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't recruit worth a damn. Then we didn't lose anyone of any value. Whew. I was worried we did.
Actually I remember quite well people were very excited for Kadary and seemed like we got a sleeper.

but besides that since our recruiting has been subpar (which is obvious based on our consistent state on the bubble) you really hate to lose the recruit that actually showed tremendous promise.

Catching back up, I'm excited to see the coming responses to them there anallicktics from the believers.
Of course though he was responding to an argument that was never made though.

Catching back up, I'm excited to see the coming responses to them there anallicktics from the believers.

My favorite part is Joe has a 1.5 DBPM. So Buddy is looking up at Joe in this category.

But he wasn't good when we got him. He was just another lousy recruit. Now, of course, he is headed to the Hall of fame. But last year, our ass'ts can't recruit.
Well you make this point but then how do you counter that we brought in 3 freshman, 0 of them proved to be good enough to start and now all 3 of them are going to be gone? Will criticism be allowed in any way or is there an answer to everything?

It's demonstrably false that "the best player starts" when it comes to JB's teams.

Now, it is true that the best players almost always get the most minutes. In fact, one can argue that, at times, those players get a few too many minutes, and it harms the development of the bench over the course of a season.

But I've seen too many starters-in-name-only in my time following SU hoops to believe the "best player starts" trope. I mean, just this month we saw "starter" Alan Griffin log minutes of 12, 15, 11 and 13 in the last four games of this season. Clearly JB thought Braswell was the better player, and he logged 27, 25, 29 and 15 minutes over the same 4 games.

Point is, I'm sure there are a lot of factors that went into Kadary's decision. Some we may lay at JB's feet, others not. But we do know that in the last six games of this season Kadary's minutes were 18, 10, 17, 16, 14, 23; while Girard's were 23, 33, 24, 29, 29, 24. So Kadary certainly knew who JB thought was better.
Kadary was dealing with tendinitis, only he and staff know how bad it was. No one here does.

It's demonstrably false that "the best player starts" when it comes to JB's teams.

Now, it is true that the best players almost always get the most minutes. In fact, one can argue that, at times, those players get a few too many minutes, and it harms the development of the bench over the course of a season.

But I've seen too many starters-in-name-only in my time following SU hoops to believe the "best player starts" trope. I mean, just this month we saw "starter" Alan Griffin log minutes of 12, 15, 11 and 13 in the last four games of this season. Clearly JB thought Braswell was the better player, and he logged 27, 25, 29 and 15 minutes over the same 4 games.

Point is, I'm sure there are a lot of factors that went into Kadary's decision. Some we may lay at JB's feet, others not. But we do know that in the last six games of this season Kadary's minutes were 18, 10, 17, 16, 14, 23; while Girard's were 23, 33, 24, 29, 29, 24. So Kadary certainly knew who JB thought was better.
While I am clearly as steaming mad as everyone else, Kadary was clearly struggling with injury during the last 6 games of the season, which factored into the reduced minutes. Often looked visibly hobbled out there, especially vs Clemson/acc tourney. Would often be stepping gingerly. Before that there was a good chunk of Kadary playing more mins than Girard.

Kadary was dealing with tendinitis, only he and staff know how bad it was. No one here does.
For sure. In another post I mentioned how his sudden drop in minutes might have been injury-related. That's an entirely reasonable explanation.

While I am clearly as steaming mad as everyone else, Kadary was clearly struggling with injury during the last 6 games of the season, which factored into the reduced minutes. Often looked visibly hobbled out there, especially vs Clemson/acc tourney. Would often be stepping gingerly. Before that there was a good chunk of Kadary playing more mins than Girard.
Like I said above, very fair.

Well you make this point but then how do you counter that we brought in 3 freshman, 0 of them proved to be good enough to start and now all 3 of them are going to be gone? Will criticism be allowed in any way or is there an answer to everything?
I have never said that criticism isn't allowed. Where do you get that with me? I am just responding to an over reaction. Either our recruiting was better last years or these guys aren't much of a loss. Can't be both.

Good players do not see college ball as a 4 year proposition. Boeheim already wasted a big portion of Kadary's development because of his stubbornness. It was clear to almost everyone that follows Cuse hoops that Kadary was the best point guard on the team. Shameful. Where is the competition at the 2.?

I have never said that criticism isn't allowed. Where do you get that with me? I am just responding to an over reaction. Either our recruiting was better last years or these guys aren't much of a loss. Can't be both.
Or the recruiting overall wasn't very good, but Kadary was, and we lost one of the two guys we couldn't afford to lose.

For kicks I just looked it up...

Kadary played more minutes than Girard in 7 games this season. Six of those came in a 7 game stretch (2/6-3/1). However, he only averaged 3.1 more MPG in that stretch. I presume this was pre-injury. And while he played more, it wasn't massive.

FWIW, in the other 21 games of the season, KR averaged 10 minutes less per game than Joe.

That’s my guess. Would explain a lot about yesterday
With 2 of the 3 leaving being Griff guys, it’s probably safe we can assume at least one voice was in JB’s ear from the staff to try to fix this. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom