Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never said that criticism isn't allowed. Where do you get that with me? I am just responding to an over reaction. Either our recruiting was better last years or these guys aren't much of a loss. Can't be both.
Our recruiting has been putrid. We had one good one and just lost him. What is so hard to get about this dash?

Our recruiting has been putrid. We had one good one and just lost him. What is so hard to get about this dash?
Okay, so you don't mind any others leaving. right? Braswell. Woody if he goes? Frank if he goes? JBA. I just want to be clear. It's just Kadary.

I don't want to be stuck on the other side of this argument but JB sees them both everyday. And there is a reason other than JB likes Joe that he made the decision to play him.
Sure. But this is the one position where using your best player as 6th man doesn’t work. If Kadary were a wing or a scorer 30 mins per night despite not starting is something he should accept. PG no way you need to start or NBA scouts will hold it against you.

I don't want to lose q but Kadary was the one guy we could not lose and Boeheim drove him away. No not bothered by anyone else leaving.
Well, not to beat a dead horse, but we don't know that Jb drove him away. Different kind of kid. very quiet from what I am told. Very tough to get a read on. Now, I think jb is tough to play for in some respects. He is slow with the compliments but quick with the harsh words. But I have been told there are other factors. No clue if that is true and no clue what they might have been.

I wouldn't expect JB to share Kadary's reasons for leaving. But it's weird to say he didn't give a reason. Like, you just spent 9 months seeing him every single day. He was likely an enormous part of next year's team. Maybe ask why he's leaving?
Someone walks in and says I'm leaving, if that is what happened, there really isn't much of a conversation after that. The conversation should have been going on the last number of months.

Kadary is a lock to be an NBA starter - Girard is garbage as a college basketball player - seems like a great kid but he sucks if we want to be a top 10 team
Kadary was the best ball handler we had. He is no lock to be a NBA starter or even make the NBA. Don’t get me wrong, he definitely has good to great ball handling and defensive skills at this level. He has not demonstrate a strong shooting or scoring ability or mentality. He can get to the hoop at this level but he has not demonstrated a proficiency for putting the ball in the basket. Given time, he will get better. I do not feel he has the overall ability to be a starter in the NBA.

who was the other?
Jesse. No knock on Buddy, who is the better player, but at least we have someone else who can play the 2.

I'd take:
1 Kadary
2 Joe
3 Benny
4 ?
5 Jesse

Over
1 Joe
2 Buddy
3 Benny
4 ?
5 ?

Second lineup does better against weaker competition, first lineup has a better chance against top 20 opponents who can pressure Girard at the 1.

Obviously it's kind of moot because Buddy is never leaving, nor would I want him to.

Kadary was the best ball handler we had. He is no lock to be a NBA starter or even make the NBA. Don’t get me wrong, he definitely has good to great ball handling and defensive skills at this level. He has not demonstrate a strong shooting or scoring ability or mentality. He can get to the hoop at this level but he has not demonstrated a proficiency for putting the ball in the basket. Given time, he will get better. I do not feel he has the overall ability to be a starter in the NBA.
Yeah, people that don't watch the NBA regularly say things like that. He does not have the required athleticism to be a definite NBA starter. He also doesn't have the stroke to do it either. Kadary excels with size and bball IQ and that may or may not translate to the NBA. It surely translated quickly to the ACC though and that's all I care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom