Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a snippet from the Athletic.

I just felt like I wanted to go somewhere I could play without restrictions and have a chance to showcase my game,” Richmond told The Athletic on Tuesday afternoon. “Like, not having to think about certain things out there on the basketball court. More freedom. I learned a lot of things here. One thing I can show people now is that I actually have the ability to shoot the basketball.”
Best of luck to him.

I’m not aware of many coaches that don’t define roles at the D1 level.

As Briancuse said, we toss in Benny and Jimmy JR and Julie into it too. Add in Jamie. Hell, Brian too for third guard. Does Sean Williams still play? Good length, could use it. Wouldn't mind the staff reaching out.
They have a lot of work to do

Hope Kadary finds a program where he can run the show and the coach lets him do whatever he wants.

He's gone, stop crying over spilled milk.
I’m sure your hero can cobble together another middling regular season with some heroics at the end to smear the lipstick on the pig.

What will it take for you to change your tune? If Benny came out today and said he was reopening his commitment because Kadary left, would that start the process?

Unpopular opinion time:

If Kadary left because of not starting while getting starters minutes while we had a guy play his entire career coming off the bench become a top 10 pick, why is all the heat on JB
Philly kids are made different.

i’d add to your unpopular opinion but I’ll wait until this all cools down a bit.

JB should not be left off the hook though

Yep. Narrative is built up though. Can’t possibly be good for Kadary to come of the bench as a freshman. Couldn’t possibly be a method to the madness.

I think JB is stubborn as hell and has other various other issues - but he’s also damn smart and been doing this for a long time. Watch Kadary go to Kentucky and end up watching us the 2nd week of the tourney, wait 10 years and be like “I don’t know, JB was kind of good for me”

It’s not about “come off the bench as a freshman.”

It’s about come off the bench behind Joe Girard. And don’t shoot.

Also, I’d say Gbinije’s a better finisher dunks aside.

I’m sure your hero can cobble together another middling regular season with some heroics at the end to smear the lipstick on the pig.

What will it take for you to change your tune? If Benny came out today and said he was reopening his commitment because Kadary left, would that start the process?
Is that a real pig or a literal pig, never felt at ease with that saying. There is plenty of talent to choose from in the portal.

Best of luck to him.

I’m not aware of many coaches that don’t define roles at the D1 level.
University of Phoenix. But I'm not sure they have a team.

Hope Kadary finds a program where he can run the show and the coach lets him do whatever he wants.
Perhaps there is a poster on this board that is an AD somewhere that could bring Kadary on as player/coach. Then he can really show his stuff.

Trolling! Cool!
Do want every freshman that comes in with some decent talent to feel like they call the shots for the team? absurd. If I were a coach and this portal stays as it is, I would never recruit a high level high school player.

Do want every freshman that comes in with some decent talent to feel like they call the shots for the team? absurd. If I were a coach and this portal stays as it is, I would never recruit a high level high school player.
Nah, I want the best players to play the most.

Kadary was hands down our best PG. He should’ve played and run the offense more. Team would’ve been better, and we’d be in a lot better shape next year.

Do you want every freshman with decent talent to sit the bench behind worse players and then transfer out? I just pulled a reverse cousCuse with that question!

How does it get to this point with Richmond? Why isn’t the head coach communicating regularly with him and all his players during the season and building relationships and trust with them? Especially during a global health pandemic where non-athlete freshman are struggling a ton and all the players are so isolated to prevent them from getting Covid and infecting the team. This feels like a failure on the head coach’s part. If he has time to build relationships over zoom with recruits, he should have time to foster relationships with the kids on his team at an extremely difficult time for everyone.

“I just felt like I wanted to go somewhere I could play without restrictions and have a chance to showcase my game,” Richmond told The Athletic on Tuesday afternoon. “Like, not having to think about certain things out there on the basketball court. More freedom. I learned a lot of things here. One thing I can show people now is that I actually have the ability to shoot the basketball.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors