Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were one of 6 schools from the acc, big 10, big 12, sec in the sweet 16 and we beat a dangerous 3 and a 4. That is not bad coaching, we just look for excuses because its became a norm.
I like the idea of Jimmy Finding shooters like Joe on the perimeter, but he has to be able to do that after turning towards the basket. For some weird reason, I felt this team was not as good inside out Maybe its because Q Dolezaj and our bigs weren't really strong going to the basket to warrant a double. In fairness, Q and Dolez were both out of position, because Brass and Jessie were not ready for 2/3 of the season.

Last edited:
This is not over guys. Sorry. More pain to come. That said losing Kadary is the worst.
JB had run out of time, it happens. SU has to realize what is happening here. Even his statement on the 3 players and then singling out two was just weird.
878024C5-1ECF-48D1-A2B2-734CAE362D08.gif

If Dion could have left after his freshman year without sitting out a season, I bet he would have
Dion was out of shape as a frosh and a petulant, immature kid. Today, yes, he probably transfers. But the tough love made him better. Came back in excellent shape, was an excellent teammate and had a phenomenal year. I mean, if you’re pointing to issues with JB, Dion is the wrong direction to point. If you’re pointing to today’s players not being able or willing to handle any adversity or criticism, then point to Dion.

Unpopular opinion time:

If Kadary left because of not starting while getting starters minutes while we had a guy play his entire career coming off the bench become a top 10 pick, why is all the heat on JB
Kadary’s minutes increased throughout the season. He was playing at the end of most games. His minutes only went down a bit when his tendinitis flared. It’s strange. I mean, he played more than Dion did as a freshman.

Kadary’s minutes increased throughout the season. He was playing at the end of most games. His minutes only went down a bit when his tendinitis flared. It’s strange. I mean, he played more than Dion did as a freshman.
Yep. Narrative is built up though. Can’t possibly be good for Kadary to come of the bench as a freshman. Couldn’t possibly be a method to the madness.

I think JB is stubborn as hell and has other various other issues - but he’s also damn smart and been doing this for a long time. Watch Kadary go to Kentucky and end up watching us the 2nd week of the tourney, wait 10 years and be like “I don’t know, JB was kind of good for me”

Yep. Narrative is built up though. Can’t possibly be good for Kadary to come of the bench as a freshman. Couldn’t possibly be a method to the madness.

I think JB is stubborn as hell and has other various other issues - but he’s also damn smart and been doing this for a long time. Watch Kadary go to Kentucky and end up watching us the 2nd week of the tourney, wait 10 years and be like “I don’t know, JB was kind of good for me”
Yes cause every situation is exactly like Dion’s and it’s normal for the better player to come off the bench and get less minutes.

Jb had no problem yanking Carey for Joe (not saying it wasn’t warranted) but why wasn’t the same done for Kadary?

Yes cause every situation is exactly like Dion’s and it’s normal for the better player to come off the bench and get less minutes.

Jb had no problem yanking Carey for Joe (not saying it wasn’t warranted) but why wasn’t the same done for Kadary?
No idea. But I’d bet it wasn’t because it doesn’t understand +/- or he thought Joe was a better NBA prospect or whatever else is floating around the ether of this board.

We ask the wrong questions sometimes. Maybe we should be asking why a kid with this much talent, better stats would come off the bench ... maybe JB was trying to make him better?

I still wanted JB to tell Kadary he expected that he would start next season at PG if he did what he needed to do in the off season to improve his jumper, his conditioning, and other aspects of his game. He should have done everything he could to make him feel that he was a guy we’d build the team around and one of the key pieces for next season. JB has become so bad at relationship building and roster management.

No idea. But I’d bet it wasn’t because it doesn’t understand +/- or he thought Joe was a better NBA prospect or whatever else is floating around the ether of this board.

We ask the wrong questions sometimes. Maybe we should be asking why a kid with this much talent, better stats would come off the bench ... maybe JB was trying to make him better?
So you a calling coach a liar?
he said the best player started. His words.

Or maybe he just favors certain players to prove his own point and that’s why he will go out of his way to find one game to put down a certain player who he’s not starting, yet is the better player. But what does it matter now.

Or maybe he just favors certain players to prove his own point and that’s why he will go out of his way to find one game to put down a certain player who he’s not starting, yet is the better player. But what does it matter now.
That’s the narrative I’m pushing against a little. He’s stubborn, but he likes winning more than being right. Barely

We’re out of Boeheim’s after Jimmy Jr enrolls. Are there any Von Erichs we can sign?
They won't be married and have JB grandkids? JB can coach them when he is 105.

I still wanted JB to tell Kadary he expected that he would start next season at PG if he did what he needed to do in the off season to improve his jumper, his conditioning, and other aspects of his game. He should have done everything he could to make him feel that he was a guy we’d build the team around and one of the key pieces for next season. JB has become so bad at relationship building and roster management.
How do you know he didn't do just that?

This is on JB. Totally.
Why does it have to be on anybody? Possibly Kadary was just never happy here and gpt a "get out of jail free card". Never over the course of the entire year did he appear to be enjoying himself. A coach has a certain way they run the program and JB has been doing it for many years. If he and Kadary did not see eye to eye, JB should change? It doesn't happen that way. You agree to disagre and move on.

Why does it have to be on anybody? Possibly Kadary was just never happy here and gpt a "get out of jail free card". Never over the course of the entire year did he appear to be enjoying himself. A coach has a certain way they run the program and JB has been doing it for many years. If he and Kadary did not see eye to eye, JB should change? It doesn't happen that way. You agree to disagre and move on.
JB is not infallible.

JB has a MASSIVE ego.

JB won’t change. He’s completely incapable of changing.

It doesn’t mean JB is right.

This is not over guys. Sorry. More pain to come. That said losing Kadary is the worst.
JB had run out of time, it happens. SU has to realize what is happening here. Even his statement on the 3 players and then singling out two was just weird.

more pain? Not really. We lost the only one that matters. Q maybe but thats to pros and not a self inflicted transfer. The rest dont matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom