Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do want every freshman that comes in with some decent talent to feel like they call the shots for the team? absurd. If I were a coach and this portal stays as it is, I would never recruit a high level high school player.
This is completely divorced from what happened in the games. What if Kadary "called his shots?" What does that actually mean? More passing? More drives to the hoop? More steals? I want more of Kadary being Kadary.

Kadary was saying it nicely. He saw Joe chuck 30 footers, and then he himself would get pulled for lesser mistakes. It was the hypocrisy and playing time that drove him away

This is completely divorced from what happened in the games. What if Kadary "called his shots?" What does that actually mean? More passing? More drives to the hoop? More steals? I want more of Kadary being Kadary.

Kadary was saying it nicely. He saw Joe chuck 30 footers, and then he himself would get pulled for lesser mistakes. It was the hypocrisy and playing time that drove him away
Kid was the smartest player on the team but got the handcuffs, meanwhile the second dumbest player on the team was out there doing whatever he wanted.

He's a freshman, that's the role that freshman have had.

This is a great point, it’s not like Kadary was a chucker like the player in front of him, he came in and tried to make the team better and often did. Nothing about his game or time here was selfish or me first. But hey guess it’s fair game for people to push that narrative to make the situation seem better.

Is that a real pig or a literal pig, never felt at ease with that saying. There is plenty of talent to choose from in the portal.
And why would they want to come here? You don't think these other kids can watch a game or two and see the talent disparity we had, and the minute disparity, and decide, nope, not getting in the middle of that mess.

Welcome to the real world. I hope these guys liked the trip to Indy as that might be the highlight of their life. Listen to Tyler Lydon's podcast and you will hear how bitter he is. Sometimes you just need to suck it and grind more. Good luck to all the boys and girls in the portal but history shows it's not going to be greener.

Who gets to shoot next year? The Boeheim brothers and Joe? Benny - if it’s not a dunk JUST PASS IT TO JOE FOR THE RAINMAKER!!!!
Have you slept?

Not Joe!!!
Joe's a soph and earned some latitude saving the team from a complete disaster the year before. He is also the all time leading scorer in the state of NY and is a shooter who the coaches want to shoot the ball whenever he has a good look.

Some people seem to be really hostile to the idea of the star performers in college sports having much control over their brief window to make the most of their hard work and talent. It's kind of strange.

I don't think so.

99% of our fans understand that it is not acceptable for a player like Kadary to sit behind Joe in a Dion role as a sophomore. Hes not a combo guard hes a true PG and you can't have a guy like that coming off the bench. Noone on here has bashed him which is saying something.

What Boeheim is doing is absolutely ridiculous running off the entire roster other than his kid and his best friend. Its crazy that JB has the autonomy to really stick it you know where to the fanbase by bringing in his other kid who clearly isn't going to move the needle in the ACC. Yes Jimmy Jr is good enough to get 10 mins per night in a reserve role but he will be starting and playing 40 some nights.

Welcome to the real world. I hope these guys liked the trip to Indy as that might be the highlight of their life. Listen to Tyler Lydon's podcast and you will hear how bitter he is. Sometimes you just need to suck it and grind more. Good luck to all the boys and girls in the portal but history shows it's not going to be greener.
The portal is like a massive game of musical chairs. And in the end, a lot of these kids will wish they hadn't played.

Leave Couscuse alone he is entertaining himself.

He has no ability to be an honest actor in any discussion.

Let him be an idealist.
I'm realist not an idealist. I do not want Syracuse to be a one and done team. I want them to be a high level talent development team like Nova.

Lydon isn't from far away from Glens Falls hes one alum I could see being OK with 40 mins per night of JG3.

I think it’s about more than just being told not to shoot. How often would Kadary finally enter a game and you hear coach yell “HIGH POST!!” Kadary hands off to Marek at the top of the key and runs to the wing and stands there. I think that works when Joe is in, because that makes Joe a shooter. But, Kadary is a PG. His strength is breaking down his man, drawing defenders and creating shots for others. That had to be frustrating, knowing you could do so much more, but having no power to do it.

I don't think so.

99% of our fans understand that it is not acceptable for a player like Kadary to sit behind Joe in a Dion role as a sophomore. Hes not a combo guard hes a true PG and you can't have a guy like that coming off the bench. Noone on here has bashed him which is saying something.

What Boeheim is doing is absolutely ridiculous running off the entire roster other than his kid and his best friend. Its crazy that JB has the autonomy to really stick it you know where to the fanbase by bringing in his other kid who clearly isn't going to move the needle in the ACC. Yes Jimmy Jr is good enough to get 10 mins per night in a reserve role but he will be starting and playing 40 some nights.
His "kid" is the highest level 3 point shooter in the NCAA.

Yup, JB always has his chosen ones who he always covers for in pressers (which is how he should treat ALL his players), and the one he craps all over in pressers, which he shouldn't do to anyone. You tell them what you need to tell them behind closed doors, and you protect them to the media.

It used to be reprehensible, but he could get away with it because it was harder to transfer. Now it's going to factor into some of this. Same applies to the way he handles playing time, restrictions, etc. If Kadary's choice was come back and play one more year here and go pro vs. sit out somewhere else, then play one more year and go pro, he'd probably stay.

I'm sure some combination of these characteristics is also why so many guys went pro a year early.
This seems to be another place that JB is a dinosaur. In the 80s, 90s and even into the early 2000s, the only ones who were at his press conferences were local media (press and broadcast) with the occasional national CBB writer (who more likely got 1-on-1 access, not waiting around in the pressers), and what we the fans (and players) heard was filtered through/by the media. So he could bash certain players and it would not get much if any notice.

But in the Internet/Social Media age, everyone -- including the players -- hears and digests every single syllable that comes out of the coach's mouth, and lives forever. JB has never adjusted to this new reality and at least in this case it seems like it has come back to bite us.

His "kid" is the highest level 3 point shooter in the NCAA.

This is what you do.

Exactly what I said above to you.

Buddy is a good player not a great player.

He is not Corey Kispert. That would be whom you are talking about.

Joe's a soph and earned some latitude saving the team from a complete disaster the year before. He is also the all time leading scorer in the state of NY and is a shooter who the coaches want to shoot the ball whenever he has a good look.
C'mon. I defend JB as much as anyone, but this is demonstrably not true. Joe was allowed to do whatever he wanted from the beginning of his freshman year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom