Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think PG as a designation is an old way of thinking. We don't need a classic PG type.

I think Joe is a good passer and gets assists. Buddy is a scorer and if the last bunch of games hold, he should be a ball stopper in some context (ie. the last guy who gets the ball).

I think we'll miss Kadary's length and athleticism on defense more. He could also drive and drive or finish way better than Joe. Hoping the defense is fair trade with the new home-grown transfer.
You watch the NBA?
PG is not an old way of thinking.

It’s not an old way of thinking in college hoops either.

Our HC just hasn’t prioritized the position so our fanbase to defend his decisions say this stuff.

PG play is how you win in the sport of basketball.
You need a guy who can beat his guard off the dribble and get to the rim.
Run a pick and roll.
Be able to pass and shoot.

Girard is a SG having to play PG to get on the court because Buddy is the SG.
Girard is also a freaking underclassmen who should never get tenure with how he has played but because Jim Boeheim is his HC he has his reasons why Girard has gotten it.

Girard is on pace to be a potential 5 year starter which absolutely positively madness.

I actually think PG as a designation is an old way of thinking. We don't need a classic PG type.

I think Joe is a good passer and gets assists. Buddy is a scorer and if the last bunch of games hold, he should be a ball stopper in some context (ie. the last guy who gets the ball).

I think we'll miss Kadary's length and athleticism on defense more. He could also drive and drive or finish way better than Joe. Hoping the defense is fair trade with the new home-grown transfer.
Well we've went without having a classic PG type for about 7 years now and it hasn't worked out so hot. In the NBA, multi-positional wings are the dominant position. In college ball it's all about the 1 and 5. Those 2 positions generally determine how things go and for whatever reason we have not been particularly good in either of those spots let alone both in a while. We finally had what appeared to be a very high end 1 and that's why everyone was so excited and now so damn pissed about it.

You watch the NBA?
PG is not an old way of thinking.

It’s not an old way of thinking in college hoops either.

Our HC just hasn’t prioritized the position so our fanbase to defend his decisions say this stuff.

PG play is how you win in the sport of basketball.
You need a guy who can beat his guard off the dribble and get to the rim.
Run a pick and roll.
Be able to pass and shoot.

Girard is a SG having to play PG to get on the court because Buddy is the SG.
Girard is also a freaking underclassmen who should never get tenure because Jim Boeheim has his reasons has done it.

Girard is on pace to be a potential 5 year starter which absolutely positively madness.
I do. If you watch, teams have multiple players doing those jobs. Brooklyn has Harden and Kyrie. Lakers have LeBron who is a PF/SG/PG. The designation means less. Position-less basketball.

Where we agree is that you need players who can beat someone off the dribble and score or pass. Kadary was promising. Joe can shoot, and get by guys sometimes, is a decent passer - but can't get his shot off in the lane. Buddy takes guys off the dribble and can score in the lane with pull-ups, but isn't a great passer.

I don't think we need a PG per se. I think we'll miss Kadary because he does some of those things well and did things they other guards couldn't.

That makes sense against Houston, where the team shot 28%. In that game, we had 5 assists as a team. I am not sure we have done worse in that stat since assists started getting tracked decades ago.

Against WVU, we shot 59% as a team. Kadary had 2 assists in 14 minutes. Why was JGII able to get 7 in 29 minutes?

Against San Diego State, we shot 55.3% as a team. Kadary had 1 assist in 16 minutes. JGIII had 7 in 29 minutes.

Kadary is a very good player who has a ton of potential. He had a bunch of outstanding games earlier in the season where he put up outstanding numbers across the board. Something happened...that is what I wanted to discuss.
So the 7 assists Joe had against SDSU, all on made 3's, were something he did that Kadary wouldn't have done? 5 of those were Buddy's 3's, so Kadary wasn't on the court.

4 of his 7 against WVU were 3's, another was a wide open Marek jump shot.

This is all so asinine. Your premise is that Kadary decided to get his by looking for his shot more, at the expense of his assist #'s. His final 10 games of the season, he took 50 shots. His first 10 games of the season, he took 49 shots. At no point in the season did he start shooting far more often than he did previously. In fact, his shots down the stretch were starting to dwindle.

Kadary had more than just outstanding games early in the season. He was very good throughout ACC play, with a few bumps. It's fine to try pumping up Joe's play down the stretch, as he did play some of his best ball at times in March. But to basically conclude that Kadary was only looking out for himself, showing off for his next stop and inferring the stats backed it up is just nuts to me. Seems a bit unfair, no?

I do. If you watch, teams have multiple players doing those jobs. Brooklyn has Harden and Kyrie. Lakers have LeBron who is a PF/SG/PG. The designation means less. Position-less basketball.

Where we agree is that you need players who can beat someone off the dribble and score or pass. Kadary was promising. Joe can shoot, and get by guys sometimes, is a decent passer - but can't get his shot off in the lane. Buddy takes guys off the dribble and can score in the lane with pull-ups, but isn't a great passer.

I don't think we need a PG per se. I think we'll miss Kadary because he does some of those things well and did things they other guards couldn't.
Cmon man.

Do you actually believe this?

We haven’t had a good PG since Ennis before Kadary.
PG play was our biggest problem.

Jim Boeheim teams don’t suck but we haven’t had a complete team in a while.

I am surprised you didn’t use “spacing” as well.

Well we've went without having a classic PG type for about 7 years now and it hasn't worked out so hot. In the NBA, multi-positional wings are the dominant position. In college ball it's all about the 1 and 5. Those 2 positions generally determine how things go and for whatever reason we have not been particularly good in either of those spots let alone both in a while. We finally had what appeared to be a very high end 1 and that's why everyone was so excited and now so damn pissed about it.
I watch a lot of both and honestly 1 and 2's are indistinguishable in what they do unless a guy can't shoot but gets a lot of assists or a guy can shoot but can't pass. We then label them classically.

That makes sense against Houston, where the team shot 28%. In that game, we had 5 assists as a team. I am not sure we have done worse in that stat since assists started getting tracked decades ago.

Against WVU, we shot 59% as a team. Kadary had 2 assists in 14 minutes. Why was JGII able to get 7 in 29 minutes?

Against San Diego State, we shot 55.3% as a team. Kadary had 1 assist in 16 minutes. JGIII had 7 in 29 minutes.

Kadary is a very good player who has a ton of potential. He had a bunch of outstanding games earlier in the season where he put up outstanding numbers across the board. Something happened...that is what I wanted to discuss.
Joe had 99 assists in 776 minutes . While Kadary had 86 assists in 589 minutes.

Unpopular statement but I’m already over the departure.

is it because im more numb to these things now with lower expectations? Maybe. That okay? Probably not.

Did resentment of the HC’s drawn out career pair with the legend of Kadary Richmond’s potential to magnify the anger in this thread? Probably

Will I still root on Joe/the players? Yes

Did the poor shooting against Houston only affect Kadary’s assist numbers? Kadary didn’t get assists because the other guys suck, while Joe didn’t get assists because he sucks?
Houston shut our main shooter down, so it affected everyone who relies on Buddy for assists.

Joe had 99 assists in 776 minutes . While Kadary had 86 assists in 589 minutes.
Yes.

That is not what is being discussed but congrats on playing out a random stat for no apparent reason. ;)

One thing that is not factored in by K and his connections is that if he transfers to a team that plays man to man, he will be chasing a very good athlete around on defense. The zone allows the luxury of conserving energy on D and slows the game down for the point guard to set up the offense.

One thing that is not factored in by K and his connections is that if he transfers to a team that plays man to man, he will be chasing a very good athlete around on defense. The zone allows the luxury of conserving energy on D and slows the game down for the point guard to set up the offense.
Not going to work out well for him and his poor conditioning.

Some good points there but three quick counters:

The issues you id in your bullet points are many of the same things that bother some of those that "perpetually bitch". Probably because these tend to be perpetual problems.

MCW and Dion had far greater competition for PT when they were freshmen than KR.

Criticizing JB for his behavior in pressers is very fair ground. Periodically he embarrasses himself and really should be no problem that he gets called on it.
I hear ya on your first two points, however on the third... the day I care about anything JB says in press conference you guys can just send me out to the pasture because I’ve lost my way.

Why ppl, who are not directly in the line of fire, are so offended by the truth being said out loud I will never know.

So the 7 assists Joe had against SDSU, all on made 3's, were something he did that Kadary wouldn't have done? 5 of those were Buddy's 3's, so Kadary wasn't on the court.

4 of his 7 against WVU were 3's, another was a wide open Marek jump shot.

This is all so asinine. Your premise is that Kadary decided to get his by looking for his shot more, at the expense of his assist #'s. His final 10 games of the season, he took 50 shots. His first 10 games of the season, he took 49 shots. At no point in the season did he start shooting far more often than he did previously. In fact, his shots down the stretch were starting to dwindle.

Kadary had more than just outstanding games early in the season. He was very good throughout ACC play, with a few bumps. It's fine to try pumping up Joe's play down the stretch, as he did play some of his best ball at times in March. But to basically conclude that Kadary was only looking out for himself, showing off for his next stop and inferring the stats backed it up is just nuts to me. Seems a bit unfair, no?
I didn't see him looking to pass as much late in the season. I saw him looking for his shot more when he had the ball. He struggled to get off shots against the better defenses and had to dump it off but to my eyes, yes, he was looking for his shot more and I think the drop off in assists is good proof.

If you saw something different, good for you. IMHO, the pass first guy we had at the start of the season was not the same guy we had at the end. He was still an excellent player, but a different player.

It is not all bad. We had a bunch of players who struggled to get good shots against good defenses and the players that could get their own often needed to step up so we could get a decent shot off at all.

I didn't see him looking to pass as much late in the season. I saw him looking for his shot more when he had the ball. He struggled to get off shots against the better defenses and had to dump it off but to my eyes, yes, he was looking for his shot more and I think the drop off in assists is good proof.

If you saw something different, good for you. IMHO, the pass first guy we had at the start of the season was not the same guy we had at the end. He was still an excellent player, but a different player.

It is not all bad. We had a bunch of players who struggled to get good shots against good defenses and the players that could get their own often needed to step up so we could get a decent shot off at all.

Not going to work out well for him and his poor conditioning.
I'm sure he can condition himself to do it, but his stats and his game are a reflexion of being in this system.

That’s girard like ten times this season. Imagine Kadary doing anything similar to this he would of been pulled instantly but Girard stays in the game. And boeheim says nothing to him ive noticed when they show him going back to the bench after a timeout.
I don’t get how Girard has a green light.
He isn’t Buddy shooting.

He can make shots but how is he a great shooter. The stats don’t show it and eye test doesn’t.

He is a great catch and shoot guy but not these shots he throws up a lot.

If people want to pretend Joe was treated the same as Kadary they can go ahead and do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom