Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance.

This kids ceiling was higher than MCW or Ennis two 1st round picks. Was just barely not good enough to leave after this year had JB played him the appropriate amount so we were in for a special season next year.

Our superstar who is below average at everything other than shooting would have had the ideal guy to cover his shortcomings.

Joe is a decent player. His strengths (fearless willingness to shoot) are best suited to a bench role not starting PG. He might get a little better next couple years but he has a ways to go to be an average ACC starter albiet a good one.

This is a disaster.
MCW was the NBA rookie of the year and Ennis was arguably the best player on a team that had Grant and Fair on it. Kadary was good but I’m not sure if he’s earned such praise yet

You do realize that Joe did not start straight out his frosh year. Carey did. Joe outplayed him and earned the starting spot.

Kadary could have done the same. And odds are JG3 would not have thrown your typical hissy fit and transferred.
You serious?

Joe was so bad this year that you can reasonably compare the difference in him and Kadary to the difference between Joe and Jalen Carey his freshmen year.

Poor D and attrocious decision making/chucking. Took a step back after an OK freshman campaign where he was forced into big minutes due to lack of other options and Carey wanting to preserve a year of eligibility vs compete with his thumb issue.

And I don't mind Joe I'd live with his shortcomings if he was in a reserve role. Or should I say didn't mind Joe. I'm not sure where Joe goes after this. No way his play can keep him in the starting lineup for 3 more years TBH. Buddy doesn't give him any help defensively or handling the rock. He could slide further into Jalen Carey territory.

Ok gotten a few messages on hearing anyone is next or is that it? My plug still hasnt heard a peep about Woody (I said this last week too) so unless Woody is still weighing his options/keeping it close to chest, looking ok. AG is figuring out if he can transfer to another school or if it’s Syracuse or pro aka exploring all his options. Also apparently Frank wants to see if we nab another center. If we do, likely he checks out too. Again, take it how u want it
Gotta say if you told me Woody would stay and Kadary/Frank/Bras would go id say you were crazy

I think he could be a lottery pick honestly. But we're all familiar with lottery picks not turning out to be established starters in the NBA at this point.

I'll bookmark this for 12 months from now when he goes to UK and Cal has him in the lotto, just doesn't seem very likely to me.

I guess MCW is the comp. Right down to the meh shooting and not playing much as a freshmen before blowing up

We dont even sniff the tournament let alone the sweet 16 without Kadary. Did you actually watch the games.
You think Kadary single handidly won us any games in the tournament? Did you actually watch the games?

You do realize that Joe did not start straight out his frosh year. Carey did. Joe outplayed him and earned the starting spot.

Kadary could have done the same. And odds are JG3 would not have thrown your typical hissy fit and transferred.
Could have... How about DID. There was no comparison between Kadary and Joe. He was light years better.

They got better as the season went on and with a 7 footer playing behind them, they will look even better.

No, one of them didn't. He got his pocket picked more than any PG I've witnessed at SU (and towards the end of the season) AND he can not break a defender down off the dribble to save his life no matter who the center is.

Last edited:
no because if JG3 transferred it would likely be to a much smaller program, Kadary has way more options and is a much better player, so two different things completely, it has nothing to do with hissy fits.
The idea that JG3 was promised the starting gig seems farfetched to me. You can believe it if you want. He wasn't anywhere near the type of recruit Xmas or Coleman were.

Of course it hurts losing Kadary, he oozed potential. But he did not ooze a commitment to the Cuse in any comparable way that JG3 does.

I'll bookmark this for 12 months from now when he goes to UK and Cal has him in the lotto, just doesn't seem very likely to me.

I guess MCW is the comp. Right down to the meh shooting and not playing much as a freshmen before blowing up

I would say a mid to late 1st round pick is the most likely outcome for him but just saying, 6'5" PG, very good passer, disruptive, switchable defender, and can take his man off the dribble consistently? If he shows he can shoot at all he has a chance of going in the lottery IMO, and he's made a lot of progress as a shooter already (whereas MCW was trending downward from the moment he stepped foot on campus as a shooter).

Woody just went live on IG as well and Kadary and Frank both made brief appearances. When asked about transferring, Woody said “don’t know what you all are talking about me leaving”. And before he ended the video, he said “I’m leaving..not leaving Syracuse but just getting off” and then the video ended abruptly. It was very odd and the guys were all laughing and chilling out.

It's tough to be one of the most explosive PGs in the country at 6'5, which is why the perfect fits at the 1 in Boeheim's system usually don't have off the charts explosiveness.

The fact that Kadary is 6'5, can still get to the bucket, and can create for others makes this all the more frustrating.
Justin Powell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors