Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thought process to convince myself Joe is going to be the starter we need next season:

Everyone sucked at the beginning of the year because of the first pause

Then Joe himself got covid and apparently it kicked his ass. Fair excuse.

He played very well in the first weekend of the tournament, 12 7 and 6 is awesome.

Just tell yourself that the Joe from that weekend is closer to the real Joe than pause/covid positive Joe. Some mental gymnastics are required but it’s worth it for the optimism. I am admittedly a Joe fan, so it’s easier, but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say we can be good with him at the helm if* he is willing to adjust his role.

*A slightly big if but it needs to be done
Watch the Duke clip again.
That is the difference between Joe and Kadary.

My thought process to convince myself Joe is going to be the starter we need next season:

He played very well in the first weekend of the tournament, 12 7 and 6 is awesome.

Just tell yourself that the Joe from that weekend is closer to the real Joe than pause/covid positive Joe. Some mental gymnastics are required but it’s worth it for the optimism. I am admittedly a Joe fan, so it’s easier, but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say we can be good with him at the helm if* he is willing to adjust his role.

Oh alright.

Why would you have felt better if he just said "I thought I should have started and played more minutes"? So you could put this more on JB?

His stating what he did gives a clue to the stats, showing for the league vs team player dynamic.

Odds are KR's playing time would have increased substantially, probably even started. And his range of shots would have increased as well. It's a normal JB progression, just ask QG.
I am not sure what I said leads to me wanting to put this more on JB? The majority of my posts the last few days would probably be more pro coach than players.

Watch the Duke clip again.
That is the difference between Joe and Kadary.
Kadary is gone I don’t have any reason to dwell on it anymore. I understand that Joe isn’t as good as Kadary.

I’m going to put this thread on ignore so I don’t accidentally mention the name J** again lmao just trying to be a little optimistic

Kadary is gone I don’t have any reason to dwell on it anymore. I understand that Joe isn’t as good as Kadary.

I’m going to put this thread on ignore so I don’t accidentally mention the name J** again lmao just trying to be a little optimistic

I think you are being fair, fwiw. I don’t think anything you are suggesting is extreme at all

What is funny is I don’t believe the HC who is a HOFer and basketball genius( I am being serious) believes the last sentence in your first paragraph.

I think you are being fair, fwiw. I don’t think anything you are suggesting is extreme at all
I think he’ll be a pleasant surprise next year, at worse. But only if you can get past the fact that he isn’t Kadary haha

What is funny is I don’t believe the HC who is a HOFer and basketball genius( I am being serious) believes the last sentence in your first paragraph.
I think he does but we all know JB loves a f*** you tour and being right on Joe would be a nice f*** you to finish his career.

And I don’t think that is justifiable, just what I think he is doing whether he realizes it or not.

I think he does but we all know JB loves a f*** you tour and being right on Joe would be a nice f*** you to finish his career.

And I don’t think that is justifiable, just what I think he is doing whether he realizes it or not.
Your take is good and could very likely be correct.

But if the bleep you tour isn’t about having the best lineup then it’s unlikely to be successful then what is the point.

I think he’ll be a pleasant surprise next year, at worse. But only if you can get past the fact that he isn’t Kadary haha

That’s fair, my concern isnt even Kadary at this point...hes long gone...it’s we are building the team so there’s no solid replacement if he fails to improve. I know there’s plenty of time to get another guard, but I’ll believe it when I see it. feels like its building in the same “we have no better options” line from 2 years ago.

But I could be wrong if we get someone else.

Agreed he’ll probably get the same amount of minutes if not a little bit more at FSU. But Hamilton let’s his players play, we’ll see Kadary playing more freely, and hate to say it but he’ll have more talent around him at FSU as well. You’ll see an increase in production and Kadary would take that next step at FSU in my opinion
JB let’s guys take shots that they make in practice - his strength is that guys who should take shots get their shots in the game

if KD was told not to shoot 3s in games - he wasn’t making them in practice

after the first couple of games where Woody made some 3s - I remember a press conference where JB was surprised because Woody wasn’t making 3s in practice

He didn't say it was a Good plan.
I know which is why I said what I did.
I didn’t want him to think I was disagreeing.

I think the idea he outlined could be true which would totally suck.

1000% chance Girard comes out next year looking like Brad Pitt in “Fight Club” just crossing people up like Pearl in his prime and making people (definitely not me tho) on this board look like a&&holes.

I’m here for this (and the big if). I think there’s a world in which we get a more efficient 10 / 3 / 3 and improved defense from him - it has to get better, right? That’s Triche-like production. Not the same but like.

None of this is to say I’m thrilled with what’s transpired, just that I’m not quite as doom and gloom over one (good) player leaving.

Josh wasn't overrated

He just had horrible influences all around him and couldn't get out of his own way.

He was a pure scorer and could break defenders down off the dribble, but his off the court distraction impacted any chance he had of success
Josh was rated near the top 50. Definitely was overrated there, but he was an adequate rotation player as a Junior - and would’ve been as a senior if he had lasted.

To be honest Kadary and FSU is a perfect fit and he would crush it there. He’ll be playing in the NBA someday. When we play FSU he’ll be dogging Joe the whole game and it’ll be comical because I’m sure that’s what practices were like all year and JB still chose Joe over Kadary
While this doesn’t mean anything but right now, Florida State is at 13 scholarships with 3 outstanding offers before Kadary entered the portal.

1000% chance Girard comes out next year looking like Brad Pitt in “Fight Club” just crossing people up like Pearl in his prime and making people (definitely not me tho) on this board look like a&&holes.
I also need him to show up to the first game with more tattoos than Birdman (the hooper not the rapper but I guess either works)

Show me how far you’re willing to go Joseph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors