Kadary smiled yet in Indy? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary smiled yet in Indy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy. Leo is before my time. But from the couple old games I’ve watched(wish there were more available...that pre-Pearl era fascinates me), Leo would definitely be there too if I were old enough to have watched him live.
1981 team one of my faves. Bruin, Rautins, Santifer. The tri-caps.
Lol, auto corrected Santifer to hangover 3 times.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you would of loved Rudy Hackett and a few others in the early to mid seventies
I often wish there were more late 70s-early 80s games on YouTube. My memories kick in, in the late 80s, but the mid 80s I get. Even if it’s slightly before my memories.

The style of ball and feel is different enough in that late 70s early 80s era that is before my time, that I want to see more.

He isn't magic johnson. Good player, yes. But Joe G hit big shots for us tonight in the first half when we needed it. Players will leave all over the country this year. Some from Syracuse. I don't believe Kadray will be one of them. If I am wrong and he does leave, we will still have a team next year. And the year after that.
Joe G hit big shots, then down the stretch when WVA started picking Joe up at half court and SU's offense was failing, JB finally put Kadary back in.
Different game after that.

Kadary leaving would NOT be an SU Nothing Burger-
About worst news I can imagine looking forward to next season.

Joe G hit big shots, then down the stretch when WVA started picking Joe up at half court and SU's offense was failing, JB finally put Kadary back in.

It wouldn't be a nothing burger. I hope he doesn't leave. Buddy leaving or Benny not coming would be the worse thing.

For the love of all things Syracuse please stop with the Kadary leaving. Hes not going anywhere! Not even sure how this has become a thing...its others that we might lose.
But what about SU winning a NC, and Kadary has big games along the way?
Just throwing that scenario out there to have some fun. Think Big!

We lose this game if Kadary doesn't come in at that point.

We lose this game if Kadary doesn't come in at that point.
Of course we also lose this game if Joe doesn't hit 4 huge triples in the first half. Or Marek doesn't make two beautiful passes and show off some fancy footwork on that inbounds to avoid a turnover. Or Bras doesn't bury that corner three.

The argument of Kadary being better than Joe and/or deserving of more minutes is a credible argument. The fact that it seems to be the sole focus of so many people's attention after every game is missing the bigger picture, IMO.

Of course we also lose this game if Joe doesn't hit 4 huge triples in the first half. Or Marek doesn't make two beautiful passes and show off some fancy footwork on that inbounds to avoid a turnover. Or Bras doesn't bury that corner three.

The argument of Kadary being better than Joe and/or deserving of more minutes is a credible argument. The fact that it seems to be the sole focus of so many people's attention after every game is missing the bigger picture, IMO.
You're not wrong, there is a bigger picture especially with your talk with Marek and Bras. Even with Joe's 4 3s the first half, and maybe I'm wrong, but I think we're just so much better on defense and the ball moves better with Kadary out there I think we're just so much better all around as a team. I haven't seen the plus/minus, but I'm guessing Joe was probably minus today, he hit some big shots but he was also out there every time there was a wide open there from WV and watching him bring the ball up the court and picking up his dribble 10 feet from the three point line was like dripping bleach into my eyes.

You're not wrong, there is a bigger picture especially with your talk with Marek and Bras. Even with Joe's 4 3s the first half, and maybe I'm wrong, but I think we're just so much better on defense and the ball moves better with Kadary out there I think we're just so much better all around as a team. I haven't seen the plus/minus, but I'm guessing Joe was probably minus today, he hit some big shots but he was also out there every time there was a wide open there from WV and watching him bring the ball up the court and picking up his dribble 10 feet from the three point line was like dripping bleach into my eyes.

Yeah, I get it and Kadary is a special kid on the defensive end and I love his shiftiness offensively. He's going to be a really, really good one.

I guess I land completely in the middle on this argument somehow. I had a ton of games this year where I was pulling my hair out with Joe. I even had a couple of those moments tonight. I just feel like sometimes this becomes a tidal wave and people end up scoffing at 12 points, 7 asssists and 6 rebounds (tied for second on the team with dolezaj, all coming on the defensive end) in 29 minutes.

I honestly am in the camp that Kadary should be the one getting 29, Joe getting 14 -- as a general rule. But, had we lost tonight, that difference in minutes would have been a lot of people's sole reason for the loss. I'm not sure I'm quite that *in* on the point.

A team win, and Joe definitely contributed-
That said, I was screaming for Kadary well before JB put him in.
No I'm not a HOF coach, but a defender picking up Kadary at half court will be waving bye-bye in short order!
Me I said the same weeks ago lol
Not trying to take any of your Value to this message it just amazes me sometimes

Richmond has tendinitis.

he had issues with conditioning at the start of the season and with the knee issues probably limits his conditioning work

i trust the coach to manage his minutes properly

Can't remember the last lead guard who was able to bring the ball up against pressure D and not ever have to turn their back or use their rear end to get past the guy or the ball over half court as Kadary is able to to do. Every team that has tried has laid off after a few attempts to pressure him. His ability to break the press or pressure D all by himself is extraordinary.

Ya I got a real problem with that! Yes we're in the sweet 16. We're playing very well but still Kadary should be playing more mins! He is very efficient and ultimately that is what we want.
Hi go back to what somebody was saying about ham not smiling and I am hoping that he is just very serious in his game instead of not being happy there Because he is one player that we cannot afford to lose And if we do I don't care what anybody says I put that some on jb's shoulders Bods whatever this is not the time for that so save that for the off season . I just heard somebody talk about it and a did leave me concerned because I saw the same thing

How about we enjoy WINNING and the ride we’re on? Judging off of players’ social media reactions, the players are definitely enjoying it (Kadary included FYI).

For the love of all things Syracuse please stop with the Kadary leaving. Hes not going anywhere! Not even sure how this has become a thing...its others that we might lose.
HOpe u are right. But my gut tells me differently. But enjoying the ride now

If a P5 school says “come here and I promise you 35 minutes a game”, why wouldn’t he give a long thought about that?

If a P5 school says “come here and I promise you 35 minutes a game”, why wouldn’t he give a long thought about that?
That’s called tampering. He has to put himself in the portal first before teams can contact him. Plus, you have to learn a whole new offensive and defensive system and adjust to a new program, coaching staff and teammates. That could set him back a minute and he risks it being a bad fit. I can’t imagine he or his family thinks it’s worth the risk. Better the devil you know. But most importantly, he’s always wanted to play for Syracuse (that’s why he chose us so quickly once we offered) and he’s getting lots of playing time at a school fairly close to home. He’ll get even more playing time next season when he heals his tendinitis and improves his jumper in the off-season. The kid is gonna be a stud here and he knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom