Kadary smiled yet in Indy? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary smiled yet in Indy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCW sat behind scoop too. Jb plays upper classmen even when they aren’t the best player.

Scoop was RSCI #50, I believe.

Again, I am not trying to knock Joe, but it's not apples to apples.

All these kids looking at and talking about leaving need to look at what happened in the Portal in just the past two weeks. There is not going to be tons of playing time on elite teams available. So many small school kids want to make the jump, some guys are gonna use the free year to come back and then you have this huge pool of players all wanting to get a shot to feature. It's a lot of bad decisions still waiting to happen.

This has nothing to do with our program specifically just looking at the situation in college hoops as a whole.

BTW, I don't want to take this as a slam on Joe.

Personally, I just think Joe should be the backup guard in the three man rotation.

I think he'd do better being able to be off ball at least part of the time and just, in general, be a more efficient player.

And, when he's hot, totally ride him.

I'm not anti-Joe. I just think Kadary is better for the team and should start, but in no way do I think he should be playing 40 mpg.

The best option is to demote Joe but Boeheim won't do you like that. Too loyal to his upperclassmen.

Scoop was RSCI #50, I believe.

Again, I am not trying to knock Joe, but it's not apples to apples.
Kaleb Joseph was 52 lol. You should know already rankings mean zero. Look at Kadary he plays head and shoulders better than his ranking. He could of easily been a top 40 guy.

The best option is to demote Joe but Boeheim won't do you like that. Too loyal to his upperclassmen.

I mean, he's close at times, though, right? He has started Kadary in the second half of a few games.

I don't know if it's that far off, at least for next year.

I dont get the younger generation and social media...here Woody is on a team going to the sweet 16 and literally just won there game and hes on IG live saying publicly he won't be here next year. I get he wants to transfer and get playing time and I don't fault him for that but cmon man...how about keeping that to yourself and then share that info after the season ends in a post or something. Kids just put anything and everything out there for people to see. I would love to know the "story" behind what supposedly went down this season with him and the ol man.

Kaleb Joseph was 52 lol. You should know already rankings mean zero. Look at Kadary he plays head and shoulders better than his ranking. He could of easily been a top 40 guy.

Do you think Joe is playing above his ranking and, if so, what do you think he would be ranked if you had to re-rank?

Dion wasn't behind JGIII. It is not apples to apples.

Dion, MCW, and Jerami were all in very similar situations as freshmen.

Forget me if I'm wrong but those are the guys the last decade that earned the most playing basketball.

Transfering is too risky. What if he shoots 25% from 3 and doesn't get htat high of an A-T ratio. Thats if he gets his 30+ mins/night. His stock tanks. But he can't sit on the bench for 8+ minutes at hte start of each half either.

There isn't a 4th guard we are going to owe minutes and Buddy can play the wing where guys might leave. I think JB should be able to talk it out with him and tell him he'll start.

Do you think Joe is playing above his ranking and, if so, what do you think he would be ranked if you had to re-rank?
I don’t even know what his ranking was. He’s a streaky shooter with average handle who makes too many bad decisions with his shots and his dribbling.

Maybe Kadary was pissed beginning of the year but he's playing huge minutes now on a sweet 16 team and closing games out. I just can't picture him leaving now. (Early in the year i could) but things are a lot different now for him. This transfer stuff is just crazy now tho...things are really going to heat up!

I don’t even know what his ranking was. He’s a streaky shooter with average handle who makes too many bad decisions with his shots and his dribbling.

OK, so dismissing rankings, if you were Kadary and you were behind a guy who was a streaky shooter with an average handle who makes too many bad decisions with his shots and his dribbling, wouldn't you be frustrated?

Again, not saying what he should or shouldn't do, but I think it's clear why he may at least be considering transferring.

maybe... just possibly... a nice run in the tourney would leave these kids with a more positive view of their experience at Cuse, and will increase the odds of sticking around next year

It will be tough for Woody because he is buried on the bench.

For Kadary, I think there is more beneath the surface with his knees and playing time. Some of those limitations may be self directed. In any case, a path to 30+ mpg next year is there if Joe sits 20, and Buddy sits 5-7 (and/or plays some stints at the 3)

Also Braswell has to feel awfully good about the signaling, and now a Bras/Benny frontcourt next year seems very formidable

I dont get the younger generation and social media...here Woody is on a team going to the sweet 16 and literally just won there game and hes on IG live saying publicly he won't be here next year. I get he wants to transfer and get playing time and I don't fault him for that but cmon man...how about keeping that to yourself and then share that info after the season ends in a post or something. Kids just put anything and everything out there for people to see. I would love to know the "story" behind what supposedly went down this season with him and the ol man.

Today's culture continues to move further and further towards being about the individual first and the team second. Team success is fun and enjoyable but if it comes without individual success or accolades - then it's hollow. Of course that isn't every program or kid but that mindset is more common than it used to be from what I see.

OK, so dismissing rankings, if you were Kadary and you were behind a guy who was a streaky shooter with an average handle who makes too many bad decisions with his shots and his dribbling, wouldn't you be frustrated?

Again, not saying what he should or shouldn't do, but I think it's clear why he may at least be considering transferring.
Kadary is an intelligent young man and wise beyond his years. He see’s the big picture. It’s a blessing that he fell into our laps after being a plan B recruit.

Last edited:
Questions for those who know:

1. If you enter your name in the portal, can you return to your own team or are you at that moment committed to leaving? I guess it could depend on the team you are trying to leave and what they do with their scholarships, but is there any other procedural reason you cannot return to your original team?
2. The rule of not sitting out after a transfer: is that infinite or a 1 time waiver? Could you transfer every single year of your career and never sit out?

Questions for those who know:

1. If you enter your name in the portal, can you return to your own team or are you at that moment committed to leaving? I guess it could depend on the team you are trying to leave and what they do with their scholarships, but is there any other procedural reason you cannot return to your original team?
2. The rule of not sitting out after a transfer: is that infinite or a 1 time waiver? Could you transfer every single year of your career and never sit out?
1, yes, but it could be dicey, no guarantee you're welcomed back from what I understand.

2, one time waiver.

I also haven’t seen our name mentioned with any point guard transfers so it’s hard for me to think the staff is worried about either of our guys leaving as of now

I also haven’t seen our name mentioned with any point guard transfers so it’s hard for me to think the staff is worried about either of our guys leaving as of now
The timing on the Powell stuff is a little bit interesting. Hes more of a 2 guard though I believe.

The timing on the Powell stuff is a little bit interesting. Hes more of a 2 guard though I believe.
I could see him playing the wing for us if AG and Q leave. 6’6 205 and a really good rebounder.

How about we enjoy WINNING and the ride we’re on? Judging off of players’ social media reactions, the players are definitely enjoying it (Kadary included FYI).
i am what makes u think im not. But isnt that what this forum is about? Nothing wrong with discussion, stating various opinions or facts, whatever.. .
Trust me im elated but i also look at the big picture.

That’s called tampering. He has to put himself in the portal first before teams can contact him. Plus, you have to learn a whole new offensive and defensive system and adjust to a new program, coaching staff and teammates. That could set him back a minute and he risks it being a bad fit. I can’t imagine he or his family thinks it’s worth the risk. Better the devil you know. But most importantly, he’s always wanted to play for Syracuse (that’s why he chose us so quickly once we offered) and he’s getting lots of playing time at a school fairly close to home. He’ll get even more playing time next season when he heals his tendinitis and improves his jumper in the off-season. The kid is gonna be a stud here and he knows it.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Explain? What the hell does that mean smart guy?
All I was saying in JB isn't perfect,has a flaw or two
Argue with that cause how dare we to some people
Not sure I understand your question.

Not sure I understand your question.
Lol I don't either cause alot of times I use my phone mic n alot of times it messes up the words. I must of forgot to check it Afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom