Kaleb in the lane | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kaleb in the lane

Agree it should have been a goal tend. Ball clearly blocked after it hit the backboard. Should be automatic.

How so? It's clearly at or above the square.

It's outside the square though. Never entered it. He shot the ball off the backboard like he was starting the warm-up tip drill.

I have never seen a D1 player fall so much or turn it over on a fast break. Not even in an exhibition setting. This is March now. Huge red flag.

CuseFaninVT said:
It's outside the square though. Never entered it. He shot the ball off the backboard like he was starting the warm-up tip drill.
I thought the rule was that the ball is completely above the plane of the rim and hit the backboard you can't touch it? I've seen a lot of weird angled shots go up where the balls not directly above the rim where that's been called.

SoBeCuse said:
I have never seen a D1 player fall so much or turn it over on a fast break. Not even in an exhibition setting. This is March now. Huge red flag.
Oh god Devo used to fall like every play. That was awful

I thought the rule was that the ball is completely above the plane of the rim and hit the backboard you can't touch it? I've seen a lot of weird angled shots go up where the balls not directly above the rim where that's been called.

The 2014-2015 rules actually discusses this specifically.

Art. 3. Goaltending.

a. Goaltending occurs when a defensive player touches the ball during a field goal try and each of the following conditions is met: (Exceptions: Rule 10-4.1.i)

1. The ball is on its downward flight; and
2. The ball is above the level of the ring and has the possibility, while in flight, of entering the basket and is not touching the cylinder.

b. It is goaltending to touch the ball outside the cylinder during a free throw, regardless of whether the free throw is on its upward or downward flight.

c. When the ball contacts the backboard and any part of the ball is above the rim during a field goal attempt, it is considered to be on its downward flight. In such a case, it is goaltending when the ball is touched by a player as long as it has a possibility of entering the basket.

Last edited:

Not like this. Not on a three-on-one. I remember him getting packed a lot but not falling down.

Yeah but Devo had a left hand and a straight mean mug to go along with threes he nailed in seton hall's players' faces

GoHamSU said:
Yeah but Devo had a left hand and a straight mean mug to go along with threes he nailed in seton hall's players' faces
God I miss devo. A devo/dion backcourt would have been awesome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom