Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

So I was just slumming on the BY and one of the posters says he's a heavy PC lean...What?

I wouldn't take anything that the BY has to say about our recruiting seriously. Their bias shines through with such "analysis."

So I was just slumming on the BY and one of the posters says he's a heavy PC lean...What?

I wouldn't put it over Cooley to snatch him. Although I am a bit surprised.

They came to my college once. It was the greatest live performance I've ever seen. I wish they still did improv.

Awesome skits. Bro Rape still reigns supreme...And a big black d1ld0! With Jerry, Foreigner, keyboard kid, spelling bee, in close contention. I can't remember the rest.

What college?

Awesome skits. Bro Rape still reigns supreme...And a big black d1ld0! With Jerry, Foreigner, keyboard kid, spelling bee, in close contention. I can't remember the rest.

What college?

Binghamton University. It was a few years back when they still performed shows and made Derrick Comedy Videos. I think BU's improv group opened for them before in the city so they returned the favor. Best free show ever!

I thought he had offers from Ohio State, F GTown, Minny, , Ok State, K State and Maryland.
Not a terrible list, and I would consider OSU, GTown, UConn and Minny (recent recruiting) big teams, even though they can all kiss my butt. ;)

That's a good list for sure. I'm just getting caught up with recruiting. Been sort of MIA traveling a bunch since beginning of June.

Kaleb sounds like another PG in the step in the other direction from the Jonny Flynns of SU past... these pass-first PGs have brought SU to another level in the last 4-5 years.

Yeah, I noticed this too. Seems like a guy such as Ja'Quan Newton is more of a one-dimensional scorer and volume shooter more from inside the 3pt line. Both great prospects but Joseph maybe has more to his game?

I could be wrong, but I don't remember Providence ever beating Syracuse for a recruit that Cuse wanted. I can think of many times where Providence was the runner-up though. Given that they're now in a weaker league than Cuse, I can't imagine them winning this battle.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember Providence ever beating Syracuse for a recruit that Cuse wanted. I can think of many times where Providence was the runner-up though. Given that they're now in a weaker league than Cuse, I can't imagine them winning this battle.

That comment was way ut of left field.

The butthurt is certainly still strong with that group.

JOSEPH CUTS TO 3
Kaleb Joseph, a 6-2 point guard from Cushing (Mass.) Academy, cut his list to Providence, Syracuse and West Virginia, according to Adam Finkelstein of ESPN.com.

“PC has minutes for me from Day 1,” he told SNY.tv. “With Bryce Cottonleaving I have a chance to step in right away.

“Cuse specializes in guards. They produce pros on the biggest stage of college ball.

“West Virginia, I trust [coach Bob] Huggins. The respect level his players have for him is second to none. And he’s going to get after me.”

Joseph is the No. 56 prospect in the Class of 2014, according to Yahoo.com. He said he has no visits planned and no timetable on a decision.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/price-martin-to-usc-joseph-down-to-3-schools/

JOSEPH CUTS TO 3

“West Virginia, I trust [coach Bob] Huggins. The respect level his players have for him is second to none. And he’s going to get after me.”
Maybe someone should point out to him 5 players have left WVU this year. They must not respect him that much.

Marcus Douthit?

Now that PC doesn't have to get drubbed by Cuse, Louisville, Pitt every year they think they're good. Do you want to compete for national championships/final fours every year or a trip maybe to the NIT? C'mon Kaleb lets go!

Even if he wanted to maybe go to Providence once he gets to SU and checks out the Melo center and the Dome how to you commit to play at the Dunkin Donuts center? I just don't see it even though I think Colley has done a very good job @ Providence so far. Unfortunetly for him they are stuck in a conference moving toward mid-majorism which could actually steady the program out against lesser competition but that also means its going to be hard to get kids that are top50 0r better.

It looks like it's boiling down to, does he take the immediate minutes at the small-time school or will he pay his dues and then take the lead role in a big-time environment.

I think the kid has the maturity to make the right choice. Do what's good for the long run. There is a pretty clear long run path of putting in the time, taking over a top 5 program, and then go pro. Or he can take the easy route, accept a starting assignment at a lesser school and see what happens. The kid doesn't seem soft to me, I like our chances.

It looks like it's boiling down to, does he take the immediate minutes at the small-time school or will he pay his dues and then take the lead role in a big-time environment.

I think the kid has the maturity to make the right choice. Do what's good for the long run. There is a pretty clear long run path of putting in the time, taking over a top 5 program, and then go pro. Or he can take the easy route, accept a starting assignment at a lesser school and see what happens. The kid doesn't seem soft to me, I like our chances.

I agree with all of this. But there is one factor that you are leaving out...Providence is basically the hometown team here. ~1 hr away for Joseph.

Also, if he really wants minutes so badly then he should pick WVU. They basically only have 5 guys on scholarship now.

So I see it more like this:

Providence = Minutes + Close to home + up and coming team and coach in fairly decent basketball conference (yes, they seem to be moving in the right direction) - big time national media - chance for deep march run
WVU = MAJOR minutes - far from home - B12 basketball
Syracuse = Superior quality of play (ACC) + more TV time + Greater chance for team success + Better facilities/coach - (and a BIG minus) Playing time

I agree with all of this. But there is one factor that you are leaving out...Providence is basically the hometown team here. ~1 hr away for Joseph.

Also, if he really wants minutes so badly then he should pick WVU. They basically only have 5 guys on scholarship now.

So I see it more like this:

Providence = Minutes + Close to home + up and coming team and coach in fairly decent basketball conference - big time national media
WVU = MAJOR minutes - far from home - B12 basketball
Syracuse = Superior quality of play (ACC) + more TV time + Greater chance for team success + Better facilities/coach - (and a BIG minus) Playing time

I don't know if it's that big of -. I mean, we don't have a clearly defined back up point right now. That's not really changing. He could come in and get good minutes right away.

Providence really, really scares me. If Whitehead chooses us, he'll be a Friar. I have a few friends in the NE area that know Joseph well, and he really, really likes Cooley and the ex-Husky assistant. Big Ed has been huge on the recruiting trail. For whatever reason, kids can "relate" to him and want to play for him. I still don't see us losing many battles to BE teams, but my money is on Prov right now with this kid.

Providence really, really scares me. If Whitehead chooses us, he'll be a Friar. I have a few friends in the NE area that know Joseph well, and he really, really likes Cooley and the ex-Husky assistant. Big Ed has been huge on the recruiting trail. For whatever reason, kids can "relate" to him and want to play for him. I still don't see us losing many battles to BE teams, but my money is on Prov right now with this kid.

Have to believe that Joseph will make a decision way before Whitehead does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom