Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

I agree with all of this. But there is one factor that you are leaving out...Providence is basically the hometown team here. ~1 hr away for Joseph.

Also, if he really wants minutes so badly then he should pick WVU. They basically only have 5 guys on scholarship now.

So I see it more like this:

Providence = Minutes + Close to home + up and coming team and coach in fairly decent basketball conference (yes, they seem to be moving in the right direction) - big time national media - chance for deep march run
WVU = MAJOR minutes - far from home - B12 basketball
Syracuse = Superior quality of play (ACC) + more TV time + Greater chance for team success + Better facilities/coach - (and a BIG minus) Playing time

You really got carried away with Providence. Close to home, maybe, but not NH. Up and coming, well it was kind of hard to go down too much from all the 4-14 seasons. Big time national media, where, Providence -as apposed to 'Cuse nation? You're starting to lose it. Then...

Chance for deep March run!?! Where, the CBI? Give me a break.

It would make their season just to get in the NCAAT. They usually don't get in. And if by some fluke they did get their once in a decade trip, they are pretty much guaranteed first round fodder. Deep run, come on, that's a stretch even for someone in Prov's PR department.

The day Syracuse loses a top recruit to Providence is the day I'll start applying for jobs at Rutgers & UConn. AKA - NOT going to happen.

You really got carried away with Providence. Close to home, maybe, but not NH. Up and coming, well it was kind of hard to go down too much from all the 4-14 seasons. Big time national media, where, Providence -as apposed to 'Cuse nation? You're starting to lose it. Then...

Chance for deep March run!?! Where, the CBI? Give me a break.

It would make their season just to get in the NCAAT. They usually don't get in. And if by some fluke they did get their once in a decade trip, they are pretty much guaranteed first round fodder. Deep run, come on, that's a stretch even for someone in Prov's PR department.
I think you missed the "+" and "-" the poster put before each statement. The"+" before the statement indicated a supposed positive for the school and a "-" a supposed negative. So the poster was saying lack of national attention and lack of a chance for a deep march run.

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Providence just yet. People forget that Coach Cooley brought in both Kris Dunn and Ricky Ledo in the same recruiting class. Due to injuries and ineligibility, these 2 didnt play together. But both were big time gets for PC and high school studs. Few things would make me happier then to see KJ in Orange, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him go to PC.

And lets not forget Marshon Brooks successful career at Providence even though it wasnt under Cooley's stewardship. I'm sure Kaleb saw a lot of his games at Providence.

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Providence just yet. People forget that Coach Cooley brought in both Kris Dunn and Ricky Ledo in the same recruiting class. Due to injuries and ineligibility, these 2 didnt play together. But both were big time gets for PC and high school studs. Few things would make me happier then to see KJ in Orange, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him go to PC.

Jalen Lindsey (ESPN #32) just committed there. I also found this video posted on the boneyard board:

Apparently PC is the favorite for Chukwu, who is featured in the scrimmage.

If Syracuse is Joseph's "dream school", per his coach, I'm curious what's taking so long.

Jalen Lindsey (ESPN #32) just committed there. I also found this video posted on the boneyard board:

Apparently PC is the favorite for Chukwu, who is featured in the scrimmage.

If Syracuse is Joseph's "dream school", per his coach, I'm curious what's taking so long.

The amount of players who list Syracuse as a dream school and don't commit is too damn high!

Rather have a philly guard then prep school guard who isn't a big star. Just my personal preference, like the toughness of their players.

Like Joseph's game- but I have no quarrel w/ PC.
He'll do whatever he feels is best for him, but it'd be his loss if he passes on the Cuse.
No biggie.

WVU and Providence? Why not just make it a final one and be done with it. Make it official Kaleb.

You make me laugh I have lived in Prividence hey not so bad and a good Catholic school with a good new coach but WVU I have been there and that young man is just not a place you want to live for the next four years of your life :crazy:

This video sums up my feelings here...

3ra1sv.jpg

How long has this been known to you? Did he give the silent verbal a few months ago?

I usually get the news early from some people too. But this time I didn't get it til today. But it's all good.

Cha-Ching. One poster catches in to that one.

Jake posted this on the pay side...stealth side...it has been hanging there for a while waiting for the final bounce...knew it was happening when the whispers told me to raise my Jack & Coke...damn that pay side has good info.

Gotcha, thanks Arb.

I'll continue my slush fund for the pay side.

Sounds like he is doing WVU and Prov a solid by keeping them in the final grouping (nothing wrong with that).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom