Kaleb, Roberson and Patterson all had pretty good games tonight... | Syracusefan.com

Kaleb, Roberson and Patterson all had pretty good games tonight...

Roberson after this game is now shooting (wait for it) 44%. Last year, he shot .298 and CJ shot .429. I say he's progressing just fine. No disrespect to CJ as he took many tough shots, but a good sign going forward for TR.

Love the scrappiness Patterson brings when he comes off the bench. He knows his minutes are limited and he goes flat out. He had had 2 steals and got his own rebound of his shot that was blocked. On top of this, always looking to make a pass under the basket to the big men.

Love the scrappiness Patterson brings when he comes off the bench. He knows his minutes are limited and he goes flat out. He had had 2 steals and got his own rebound of his shot that was blocked. On top of this, always looking to make a pass under the basket to the big men.

Patterson does just about everything well enough EXCEPT shoot. If he could ever knock down a couple of shots, he could be a very solid complimentary bench player throughout the rest of his career. That's a big "if," unfortunately. But I like what he generally does when he's out there. There just seems to be a lid on the basket for him.

Loved when they came off the floor one time and JB got right in his face, but it looked like he was telling him he was doing really well. Nice to see JB recognize the kid's improvement as well.
i rewound the dvr ( how am i supposed to say that? there's no tape) to show my wife who has never seen boeheim be nice to anybody

i feel bad for her that she got hooked on the wes johnson year - "don't get used to this!"

joseph might not be a great point guard but i think he can score as a bench instant offense guy at the worst

roberson still looks scared out there.

he makes dnic as a frosh look like gmac as a Sr.

once he really 'gets it', he will be dangerous.
i think he makes a giant leap next year (not going out on a big limb there). the only thing I didn't like yesterday was when they were triple team the guy with the goofy hair, all three of them looked out of sorts.

i gotta imagine it's confusing to figure out your role in a triple team situation, you might be totally inadequate alone but at least you know vaguelly what you're suppose to do whereas the triple team might result in uncomfortable bystanding. this also applies in basketball

roberson still looks scared out there.

he makes dnic as a frosh look like gmac as a Sr.

once he really 'gets it', he will be dangerous.

And he already is one of the best natural rebounders to come through here in a long time.

He plays like he is afraid to make mistakes, but I think that stems from his fear of JB's wrath. I don't get the sense that he is afraid of the moment or the bright lights.

Kaleb making that little 6 footer with 2 seconds on the clock up 6 was huge.
Boeheim got in his face after that and in a good way. I couldn't completely make out what he said, but it looked like he said something like "good job, that's the way I want to see you play"

And he already is one of the best natural rebounders to come through here in a long time.

He plays like he is afraid to make mistakes, but I think that stems from his fear of JB's wrath. I don't get the sense that he is afraid of the moment or the bright lights.
Agreed. Duke proved that. Roberson took it at Justice with zero *****given.

Loved when they came off the floor one time and JB got right in his face, but it looked like he was telling him he was doing really well. Nice to see JB recognize the kid's improvement as well.
Yes, right after he attacked the lane and converted. At first, I thought from JB's body language that he was reaming the kid, but then realized he was saying, "that's what I'm talking about!".

I also think that sometimes people mistake introversion and being non-demonstrative for passivity. I don't think that Roberson is passive or afraid of the moment at all--he's just quiet. Entering this year, he was a completely inexperienced kid who hadn't played barely at all. It takes a little while to get acclimated, and to learn how to play through mistakes--especially when you're getting pulled for making those mistakes.

He is far from a finished product, but now his comfort level is really beginning to show, and he's doing a nice job scoring inside. Hope he keeps it up--I want 13 and 12 against Pitt on Saturday!

I also think that sometimes people mistake introversion and being non-demonstrative for passivity. I don't think that Roberson is passive or afraid of the moment at all--he's just quiet. Entering this year, he was a completely inexperienced kid who hadn't played barely at all. It takes a little while to get acclimated, and to learn how to play through mistakes--especially when you're getting pulled for making those mistakes.

He is far from a finished product, but now his comfort level is really beginning to show, and he's doing a nice job scoring inside. Hope he keeps it up--I want 13 and 12 against Pitt on Saturday!

Agreed. At this point of his career, he's WAY ahead of schedule. Look for him to continue to improve this year. By next year, he'll have that 12' jumper that he doesn't have today. And then, look out!!!!! I love this kid and can't wait to see him continue to improve!!!!!

I also think that sometimes people mistake introversion and being non-demonstrative for passivity.
This. We have Silent G? Now, we have Silent Beast!
The young man has always been like this, even from stories I hear from someone who taught him in high school. Was just a super nice kid, very soft spoken and aloof. Even after he dunks, all matter of fact, very rarely let's it all out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom