Kansas v k st | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kansas v k st

That was all kinda fun. Nice block, bad move on the taunt. I have no issue with the steal, kid clearly was playing token defense, took the stiff-arm, decided to take the ball. Amusing enough. I would have let it go - but the block is fair game at that point since it was off the steal. What came after.....not so nice.

Kansas seems a bit unhinged. Kansas State acted a bit more reasonably than I would expect under the circumstances. Were there multiple KU players stomping that guy on the ground? That's not polite at all.

Illinois had a guy step on the chest of some Purdue player earlier. There didn't seem to be much of a reason for that either. Full moon?

How did Miami beat Illinois?

Since they play for Kansas they might get a 3 game suspension.
If it happened at Syracuse they would be done for the year and coach would have 85 more games vacated.

I wonder if Marek will go into UFC after he’s done at SU imagine the reach advantage he’ll have over other featherweights.

Kansas and Kansas St should be banned from the Big 12 and the NCAA tournament.

And the kid with the chair from Kansas needs to be banned for the year,

This was much worse than Xavier and Cincy from years back.

Looks like some KU players were stomping that guy for sure after he fell. This cant end well.

That's definitely how it appears to me - but can't really tell for certain.

Kansas and Kansas St should be banned from the Big 12 and the NCAA tournament.

And the kid with the chair from Kansas needs to be banned for the year,

This was much worse than Xavier and Cincy from years back.

I'd give Kansas State a badge or something - after things went haywire, they were pretty restrained.

No way. Gotta disagree here. He stole the ball from him. And di Sousa chases down and blocked it. Play until the whistle blows, he def shouldn’t have taunted after which is what led to the whole thing.
They’re up how much? Let him have the lay up, bush league look at me move to humiliate someone. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Guys a tool. That’d never fly in past decades.

KU was running out the clock and KSU guy made a steal and went for a layup that’s what started this. Desausa isn’t that bad of course he was gonna block and taunt him. Then he got assaulted so fought back.

You can’t go for a steal on a team running out the clock.

You seem to be absolving De Sousa. That's cray cray.

They’re up how much? Let him have the lay up, bush league look at me move to humiliate someone. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Guys a tool. That’d never fly in past decades.

Again, I'd let it go, but I'm sure his IMMEDIATE reaction to having that guy steal the ball was, "**** this, I'm going to block it."

You seem to be absolving De Sousa. That's cray cray.

I mean, from what I've seen, kid seems like a decent enough fellow. I often throw a punch, run away, grab a chair, re-enter the fray. It's all a rather nice plan - I think he likely wanted to find a seat for that poor fellow that was being stepped on by teammates.

A steal, block and taunt starts a riot and some of you analyze the steal and block.

ESPN then talks about how terrible this is for the sport as they manage to show every angle of the fight from every possible camera including slow motion close ups.

No problem with the steal, no problem with the block or taunt, but no angle I've seen reveals who escalated this into a true brawl. Some shoving is to be expected after a sequence like that, but we can't see who really started throwing down.

A steal, block and taunt starts a riot and some of you analyze the steal and block.

ESPN then talks about how terrible this is for the sport as they manage to show every angle of the fight from every possible camera including slow motion close ups.

I miss the days of DC haymakers...you used just need to step on someone's toes accidentally for a brawl. I appreciate the analysis of what leads up to the fun.

No problem with the steal, no problem with the block or taunt, but no angle I've seen reveals who escalated this into a true brawl. Some shoving is to be expected after a sequence like that, but we can't see who really started throwing down.

no problem with the taunt? Wah? The taunt is what caused it all.

This is neither here nor there when it comes to this incident but back in the day players played to the final buzzer. Somewhere along the way it became the norm to dribble out the clock with :20 left in a rout. You often see this with walk-ons at the finish. Here are dudes who rarely get their shot to play and then they get out there on national TV and are told don't play. What, are someone's sensibilities going to be hurt if we score on them in the final seconds? Bizarro world.

Last edited:
If you watch the vid on ESPN home page De Sousa throws the first punch too which escalated it from pushing and shoving to fisticuffs.

Yeah but there's a jump cut there from the end of the brawl back to De Sousa throwing a punch

I have a big problem with the taunt. That clearly escalated the festivities.

The entire thing was the Kansas player Silvio DeSousas fault. Honestly just kick him out of school.

Actually this is all on Kansas state breaking long established sportsmanship codes and stealing the ball when Kansas is just dribbling the ball out ..

this already happened to Kansas earlier this year and I don’t blame them for having had enough of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom