Kendall to Cuse, Spearman to Iowa | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kendall to Cuse, Spearman to Iowa

I'm happy that we got a recruit out of Simeon. School has had some major sports studs, including Derrick Rose. And it's not like kids from Chicago are gonna be scared off by SU's weather.

Dick move:

Allen Trieu@AllenTrieu
Spearman announced for Syracuse then threw the hat off and put an Iowa hat on

Especially given that his good friend Moore committed to SU and supposedly they had talked about playing together.

Here's the difference... Moore probably watched him do it and said "Dick!" and they both laughed it off after.

Some good raz fun between a couple friends on a fun day for both of them...

If you personally take it as disrespectful, the problem lies in the mirror.

i think its ok for him to do it and its ok for us to call him a dick. EVERYONE has to lighten up.

Last I knew, this is a (Semi) free country. Everyone is entitled to their own view on any action that anyone decides to make publicly.

People here (on both sides of debate) need to understand that, just because someone doesn't agree with your view, it doesn't mean they are wrong, they just see it differently.

okay, back to arguing over whether it was a disrespectful move...

Welcome aboard Kendall great get by the staff this late. Too bad your teammate didn't join you. Give our new staff a year on the job and I think they will have a great class next year. OT was a big need IMO

Here's the difference... Moore probably watched him do it and said "Dick!" and they both laughed it off after.

Some good raz fun between a couple friends on a fun day for both of them...

If you personally take it as disrespectful, the problem lies in the mirror.

Well SU recruit Isaiah Johnson agrees that it was disrespectful, so I am not alone in this belief. Curious were you there, did Kendall laugh it off? Even if they both did, it was shortsighted on the perception of how it would look to a school that respected you enough to offer you a scholarship, fly you to their school and treat you well one week before and to a coach (Lea) who had built up a relationship with you for awhile since he was at Bowling Green.

As most know I follow recruiting quite closely and respect these kids to make whatever decision that they feel is best for them & their families. I can support and root for 90% of them who considered SU even if they ultimately choose another program. To do it in this manner is disrespectful, plain and simple. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this incident or this recruit. Hopefully he matures a little in his time at Iowa.

And I do not get the whole hat thing? We are not rivals with Iowa so who really cares?

Well SU recruit Isaiah Johnson agrees that it was disrespectful, so I am not alone in this belief. Curious were you there, did Kendall laugh it off? Even if they both did, it was shortsighted on the perception of how it would look to a school that respected you enough to offer you a scholarship, fly you to their school and treat you well one week before and to a coach (Lea) who had built up a relationship with you for awhile since he was at Bowling Green.

As most know I follow recruiting quite closely and respect these kids to make whatever decision that they feel is best for them & their families. I can support and root for 90% of them who considered SU even if they ultimately choose another program. To do it in this manner is disrespectful, plain and simple. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this incident or this recruit. Hopefully he matures a little in his time at Iowa.
i would bet his coach wasnt happy with how it went down either.

I usually don't say this, but that kid is disrespectful. You don't trounce on the coaches/school that just showed you alot of love and respect during your official visit. IMO the kid is an immature punk and needs to grow up.

Last I knew, this is a (Semi) free country. Everyone is entitled to their own view on any action that anyone decides to make publicly.

People here (on both sides of debate) need to understand that, just because someone doesn't agree with your view, it doesn't mean they are wrong, they just see it differently.

okay, back to arguing over whether it was a disrespectful move...
You are wrong.. that said, I fully appreciate everyone's ability to see something from a different viewpoint. We all would have laughed had it been vice-versa and he put on an Iowa hat and ripped it off.. It's a kid having some fun. He didn't publicly commit to us and then pull this. He put a hat on and pulled a bait and switch. Not all that big of a deal.

Well i look at it this way, we got a Raymon for a Spearman. I think we beat Iowa on this exchange since you win in the trenches

I usually don't say this, but that kid is disrespectful. You don't trounce on the coaches/school that just showed you alot of love and respect during your official visit. IMO the kid is an immature punk and needs to grow up.

His punishment will then be to lock him in the dome with Kendall Moore. Two men enter. One man leaves. My money would be on Kendall. Size and better taste in schools. What the hell is a hawkeye anyway other than a James Fenimore Cooper character.

This is no more disrespectful than finishing a beer in a room full of buddies and walking and grabbing yourself another from 20 ft away without asking if anyone else needs one. We all have done it and likely laugh it off afterwards.

Let's be perfectly clear about it: there are three completely true statements to be made about Spearman's move.

1) It's a disrespectful act for all the reasons stated above.

2) Spearman likely has no idea that it was disrespectful b/c, like most 18-year-old athletes being recruited by big-time programs are entitled, he's likely selfish, has a massively outsized ego, and is completely unaware of social norms and courtesy.

3) No one should care b/c it is completely pointless to get personally invested in these coaches and players -- at least on a personal level.

With some of the other stuff that Johnson has said recently, he is quickly becoming my favorite recruit.

Guys, don't worry. Michael Cohen/OrangeFizz/new DW will post an article comparing Moore to Spearman and talking about what a HUGE loss Spearman is for the program.

3) No one should care b/c it is completely pointless to get personally invested in these coaches and players -- at least on a personal level.

Exactly... why do people think that recruiting decisions can't be fun and must be by the book with careful attention to not irritate the losing school's "fun police"?

The slow jerk is the oldest raz in the book and all about fun... it's such a non-event, it's sad to see people here with ruffled feathers about it...

But hey, I'm a sarcastic person by nature with thick skin... I realize others can get irritated easily... different strokes...

not even is it only the hat thing, but i found it childish he didn't let the coaches know before the announcement. he definitely played up to the process the entire time, always listing favorites to whatever recruiting site he was talking to.

Welcome aboard Moore! We needed another tackle badly and this looks like a good get.

Losing spearman definitely hurts. He'd be killer in our defense and this decision is going to hurt him as well. Who gives a crap about the hat thing. It's not as if all these orange fans were watching him on national tv and he got our hopes up. He did it for the audience he had which is a BIG crowd. They probably loved it. Doesn't effect anything.

Exactly... why do people think that recruiting decisions can't be fun and must be by the book with careful attention to not irritate the losing school's "fun police".

The slow jerk is the oldest raz in the book and all about fun... it's such a non-event, it's sad to see people here with ruffled feathers about it...

But hey, I'm a sarcastic person by nature with thick skin... I realize others can get irritated easily... different strokes...

Well, i would counter that it's not actually funny, really. Like, were people laughing like that was a great one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom