kennard or lyndon. | Syracusefan.com

kennard or lyndon.

tbonezone

Living Legend
as an nba GM down to these guys who do you love ?
or simplify it . playground . shirts skins. your pick .
who do you love ?

Tombstone hand and a graveyard mine,
Just 22 and I don't mind dying.

as an nba GM down to these guys who do you love ?
or simplify it . playground . shirts skins. your pick .
who do you love ?

Tombstone hand and a graveyard mine,
Just 22 and I don't mind dying.
Is this a pump fake? Lyndon of course.

37_Lyndon_Johnson_3x4.jpg

Lyndon has more hair - he wins.

I would take Lydon.

I think Lydon is the better NBA player.

Kennard is the better college player.

Clearly Barney Miller,

Hal_Linden_-_ABC.jpg

unless Fish is still available with that pick.

street ball it's definitely kennard. dude puts up his points. the NBA game ? i'm not sure how either transitions. lydon is bigger but plays soft. kennard is smaller but finds his shot. there's been some ytalk here that trevor was playing with an injured foot. i never heard heard it confirmed but if that was what held him back he gets a little leash. but he was certainly held back from preseason expectations. we never saw that next step.

Last edited:
I may be wrong about this, but Kennard strikes me as someone who could have had an absolutely spectacular college career, but who may be fairly limited at the next level. Don't get me wrong, I am very impressed by his game. I don't know how well it will translate in the next level.

You can look at certain players historically. The obvious one is Laettner. He had perhaps the greatest college career that anyone ever had. Imagine him as a one and done. He would have still had a long run in the NBA and made his fortune, but he never would have had the astounding college experience.

One and done has diminished the college game in so many ways. When the first 6 or more selections in the NBA draft are freshmen, it undoes the traditional skills of college coaches --to build a team over a series of years and to develop talent. We are currently suffering from the recruiting wars for players that will stay for one year. Imagine last year with a senior point guard. Imagine this coming year with an accomplished future-pro Junior two guard.

This board has raked the coaching staff over the coals because of missed recruiting targets. But the misses would only be staying for one year. Every program is suffering over this --even Duke, who took our targeted small forward away from us because they got caught short.

Can you image Kennard as a four year college player? He would be breath-taking. It is a loss to Duke, but also to all of us who are fans of the college game, that no one gets to see what might have been.

When you look at what was asked of Lydon and the supporting cast he had to work with this year ... I think he proved he is a well rounded player with a high game IQ. No knock on Kennard, great player but surrounded by an overall better group of players. Probably wasn't on an island defensively most games.

The obvious one is Laettner. He had perhaps the greatest college career that anyone ever had. Imagine him as a one and done.

Alcindor and Walton had NCAA tenures that undoubtedly eclipse Laettner's. Not quibbling here; rather, suggesting those two stand alone. Laettner certainly stacks up against the remainder of the field: no mean feat.

Hard to say. Probably Kennard due to more ability to put the ball on the floor and score in all sorts of ways.

Would not be surprised if Lydon has better career but it is hard to predict these two, imo.

I'd take Lydon. Think he's one of the best players we've had in awhile. It's shame most don't feel the same way about him.

He didnt play up to his abilities as a soph. Thats a fair criticism

Alcindor and Walton had NCAA tenures that undoubtedly eclipse Laettner's. Not quibbling here; rather, suggesting those two stand alone. Laettner certainly stacks up against the remainder of the field: no mean feat.

True. I didn't use Abdul-Jabbar or Walton as examples because they both went on to great pro careers and championships, although Walton's was limited because of injury. Laettner was never the pro that the other two were, and so he was the example I used. My point was more that some potentially great college players will never experience the grand stage because they leave before they ever get there, and their skill set will not translate to greatness in the NBA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom