Kentucky - UCLA | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky - UCLA

I don't know about that. They have four top 50 recruits (and Ball's brother is not one of them) coming in next year - easily a top five recruiting class. Question is which coach will be they be playing for next year.

Michigan State had the #2 class in the nation. They were 19-14. Ucla getting anyone as good as miles bridges? I know they don't have Tom Izzo. NIT.

Michigan State had the #2 class in the nation. They were 19-14. Ucla getting anyone as good as miles bridges? I know they don't have Tom Izzo. NIT.

lol great analogy. :crazy:

They have the #2 ranked recruiting class in the country with 4 top 50 players and return four (Holiday, Anigbogu, Welsh and Goloman) of their eight man rotation. And you're calling for the NIT. Brilliant!

lol great analogy. :crazy:

They have the #2 ranked recruiting class in the country with 4 top 50 players and return four (Holiday, Anigbogu, Welsh and Goloman) of their eight man rotation. And you're calling for the NIT. Brilliant!

They are losing 4 starters. Their best players. They were 15-17 last year. NIT doesnt seem too far off.

They are losing 4 starters. Their best players. They were 15-17 last year. NIT doesnt seem too far off.

And two of the four rotational players returning were not on that 15-17 team. Nor were the four top 50 players coming in, two of whom are McD AAs. Nice try though.

If you think UCLA will be in the NIT with all that they have to work with then I can't imagine which tournament you see SU going to next year.

And two of the four rotational players returning were not on that 15-17 team. Nor were the four top 50 players coming in, two of whom are McD AAs. Nice try though.

If you think UCLA will be in the NIT with all that they have to work with then I can't imagine which tournament you see SU going to next year.

Wouldn't surprise me. It's not easy to replace 4 starters, especially with freshmen, especially if those freshmen live up to expectations.

UCLA will be fine. They don't have to worry about away games against tough teams like NC State and Pittsburgh Back to back.

Or Virginia, North Carolina, Florida State, Duke or Louisville. C'mon.

Wouldn't surprise me. It's not easy to replace 4 starters, especially with freshmen, especially if those freshmen live up to expectations.

Yeah it's not like freshmen can have a big impact in today's college game.

Well, he was a redshirt freshman.

Not sure that's a very important distinction. In any event, I think the overall point was that freshmen have as much impact on the game now as they ever have for obvious reasons. Ball, Fox, Monk, Markkanen et al were no exception this year.

Not sure that's a very important distinction. In any event, I think the overall point was that freshmen have as much impact on the game now as they ever have for obvious reasons. Ball, Fox, Monk, Markkanen et al were no exception this year.
Well, he was a year older and, presumably, a year stronger than he was coming out of high school. Plus, he had a full year of practice vs. Sabonis.

Well, he was a year older and, presumably, a year stronger than he was coming out of high school. Plus, he had a full year of practice vs. Sabonis.

True but it wasn't like he came to the Zags as an unheralded player. He was a five star recruit.

And how do you get a 5-star to redshirt?

I think this back and forth between you and me is getting a little off the track. The original discussion of freshmen came about when Alpharetta dismissed UCLA's prospects for next year despite the fact that they have four rotational players returning coupled with four top 50 recruits coming in. I think you and I can agree, regardless of Zach Collins situation, that highly regarded freshmen can come in and make immediate impact. We see it every year.

I think this back and forth between you and me is getting a little off the track. The original discussion of freshmen came about when Alpharetta dismissed UCLA's prospects for next year despite the fact that they have four rotational players returning coupled with four top 50 recruits coming in. I think you and I can agree, regardless of Zach Collins situation, that highly regarded freshmen can come in and make immediate impact. We see it every year.
I don't even remember the Alpharetta post, so I'm totally out of bounds.

Re: UCLA next season--you know more about their roster than I do, but I doubt the incoming frosh are as good as Ball and Leaf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom