Knicks trade rumors | Syracusefan.com

Knicks trade rumors

longislandcuse

Living Legend
The Knicks keep getting mentioned as one of the 3 favorites to trade for Dwight Howard this offseason. Its being reported Dwight wants out more than ever, although we know how fickle he can be with his feelings.

I know Turkoglu is a horrible contract but if the Knicks can swap Amare's horrible contract for Turkoglu's and send Chandler along with him to Orlando for Dwight Howard they have to do it in a second. Turkoglu is a 3 point shooting PF who would fit in perfectly with the Knicks. It allows Dwight room down low and Melo room to get into the lane that he doesnt have with both Amare/Chandler clogging it up. If the Knicks could send another player to Orlando like a Landry Fields to get back Big Baby I would be ecstatic...one can dream.

I get the feeling the Knicks will have a major shakeup this offseason. I think its possible that one, two, or three of Lin, Amare, Tyson arent here next year.

With the Lakers about to implode their team is Metta available? He is a player I would love who I think could be had for cheap. Anyone on the Lakers you guys would see as trade partners? Regardless of what happens, I think the Knicks bring in either Felton or Flynn to backup Lin if Nash doesnt come.

The one thing I have noticed is that you need 3 point shooting. The Thunder/Spurs/Celtics have guys who can shoot and suprise suprise, they are the two in the Conf Finals, Celtics holding 3-2 lead. Heat cant shoot, they struggle but get by on the greatness of LBJ/Wade. Indiana gives them a hard time because they are actually a team with guys who can hit open shots. The Knicks need shooters who can actually shoot.

The Knicks need shooters who can actually shoot.

So what, JR Smith doesn't do it for you?

I actually hadn't heard any of the Dwight stuff with the Knicks, but I would obviously be all for it. (one thing I need to say though; i HATE Big Baby. I would hate for him to be a Knick). I actually don't remember if Dwight ever put the Knicks on the list of teams he would extend with. YOu assume if he would accept Brooklyn he'd take NY though.

If you have a chance to get Dwight Howard, as much as I love Chandler (and he seriously became one of my favorite Knicks of all time last year) you gotta go for it. Orlando just fired Smith and Stan yesterday, so they may just take a run at trying to keep Dwight though.

I was all in on bringing JR to NY, loved the guy but What was that in the Playoffs, same goes for Novak. Kyle Korver looks like Lebron athletically compared to Novak. Now with a point guard im sure these guys will look better again but JR had a ton of open looks and I think a fan out of the stands would have shot a better percentage than him. Also, how much does JR want?

I think Dwight will end up in BK but the short list that keeps getting mentioned is BK, NY, and LA. If he doesnt stay it sounds like he will be traded before the draft according to Magic beat writers.

I too love Tyson, what a great guy, but he may be our only way of moving Amare for anything decent.

JR has the player option at like $2.5 million, if he doesn't opt into that (I don't think he will) then he's pretty much gone.

If I were the Knicks, I'd blow up the place in an effort to get Rondo.

There's no chance the Magic would trade Dwight & Turk for Amare & Chandler. Turk is owed like $20m vs. $60m for Amare. The only way the Magic would even consider sending Howard to NY is if the Knicks offer Melo and Chandler. As much as I'd like to see Melo succeed in NY, I think Orlando would be a great place for him. Ryan Anderson is the perfect compliment at PF for him to play with, and their guards can all shoot 3's too. I also think playing with Chandler led to Melo playing a little more D this year than he has in the past.

If I were the Knicks, I'd blow up the place in an effort to get Rondo.

There is no way that Boston is going to let Rondo play in New York! What deal do you have in your crazy mind?

There is no way that Boston is going to let Rondo play in New York! What deal do you have in your crazy mind?

No specific deal, but if he's on the block as he was two months ago, I'd make a big move for him. For my money, he's behind a healthy Rose as the best PG in the game.

Whether the Celtics would trade him within the conference/division, who knows? If they could get what they wanted, it seems shortsighted.

No specific deal, but if he's on the block as he was two months ago, I'd make a big move for him. For my money, he's behind a healthy Rose as the best PG in the game.

I think he may have been on the block for Chris Paul, doesn't mean he was on the block.

Whether the Celtics would trade him within the conference/division, who knows? If they could get what they wanted, it seems shortsighted.

What could the Knicks possibly offer for fair trade value?

You would take Metta World Peace Ron Artest on your team???? Please...I don't want that psychotic fool anywhere around my team. In fact, I'm glad that nutjob plays on the other side of the country. And I would love to be able to move Amare, but I think it's next to impossible with the contract he has. Turkoglu completely undewhelms me, especially for the money he is making. Novak struggled in the playoffs, but really he did what he needed to do. His man was stuck to him like glue whereever he was, and really wasn't available to play help D. This opens things up for the other guys. Problem is, when you don't have a pg who can create things and get into the lane and get looks for others, then that does no good.

Priority number one this offseason for the Knicks needs to be finding a playmaker at PG. I'm not sure if Lin is that guy, but even if he is, they still need to find a solid backup PG. Baron Davis is done, Mike Bibby might as well come join my rec league at West Genny High School, and Toney Douglas has apparently had his basketball talents stolen from him by the Monstars for the filming of Space Jam 2. Not to mention the fact that Iman Shumpert probably won't be ready to go whent he season starts, and the Knicks are seriously hurting at the guard spots. Hopefully they can take care of that in the draft. Oh wait...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom